It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS UFO FORUM - Where's the serious UFO Phenomena researcher / enthusiast ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I'm a hardcore researcher into things UFO and alien. As many people on here know, I'm an avid believer in alien life. I'd like to believe they might have been here since ancient times and i believe that man may NOT be from earth.
But that being said, I dont believe EVERY photo, video and alleged evidence is of ALIEN ORIGIN. There is too much faked and hoaxed stuff out there, it makes me sick and really puts a cramp in legit research. I've been told of sightings that i can explain off as flares, conventional aircraft etc. I've had a sighting myself that was debunked as a satellite so, not everything is alien

personally i dont believe in ETH because of my reseach in UFOLOGY, but i welcome everyone who like to discuss their point of view as long as they are serious researcher like you who dont just blindly believe anything they see but use their mind wisely.

btw this one also good site that i just found, a believer in ETH but open minded enough to realize that not everything can be explained by science only

thebiggeststudy.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
You found out why no one would share here much eh, though there are some wonderful threads, not so much newer ones though. Aggressive and abusive posters. And it has to be on purpose, allowed, or it would be stopped. So they don't want a ufology forum here.

i noticed that too , i see a person who keep posting with condescending remarks and even straight insult yet no action is taken by the moderator to this one person (even when reported). Personally i think its either lack of moderation or there are few person that 'allowed' to ruin thread discussion by intentionally start flamewar/insultwar. I guess i dont need to name that person as i see him post everyday full on negativity with impunity ..(i see the poster as a he although he uses a female image as avatar)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirageman

Originally posted by milomilo
Dear ATS UFO Forumer

Everytime i checked ATS thread it seems sensationalist threads are the one that garner most attention.. Sure there are gems but there are very rare.. Karl12's thread are consistently focused on serious UFO documentation and never veer single inch toward sensationalism, some also consistently post enlightening historical UFO phenomena research but these kind of threads are exception to the rule in ATS

Is it possible to group serious UFO threads into a sub-forum thread and those that focus on sensationalism and blurry photographs/movies into other sub forum ? its getting hard to filter serious threads from the sensationalism threads.

now i understand that the threads mirrors real world's UFOLOGY , meaning that most people do not really focus on researching UFO phenomena historically and they go for the usual garbage information thats circulating in UFOLOGY especially US. The rise of disinformation and junk information since 1980s gave way to more and more hilarious and impossible 'facts' and yet more people abandon their common sense and start believeing it..

back in the 60-70s there's lack on report/data on crashed saucers, sure there are few but never have major impact on the serious research. Nowadays it grown from crashed saucers and crew recovery to underground bases, goverment conspiracy, alien working together with humans, etc. With bad seed all you get is a badly grown tree, with bad information all you get is a nasty imagination/fantasy replacing facts.

For comparison :
- Serious UFO phenomena researchers do not believe in Extra terrestrial hypothesis, they believe in other form of existence (extra dimensional / spirits / etc)
- Serious UFO researcher always noticed the HIGH Strangeness involving UFO encounters, from physical to psychical.
- Serious UFO researcher do field work in interviewing witnesses, in fact its been said that meeting with witnesses are the most effective field research for Ufology
- Modern UFOlogist speaks as if UFO = Aliens from outer space , like its already a FACT.
- Modern UFOlogist speaks of UFO = nuts n bolts spacecraft , like its already a FACT
- Modern UFOlogist hardly (or never) go interview witnesses.
- Modern UFOlogist prefer to disseminate blurry photos and videos and start endless discussion from it

Are there hope for serious UFO Phenomena research ?

I've been thinking about your points again seeing as this thread has kept ticking over.

There is of course JKRog's Revised Chronological UFO Thread Directory which is a good starting point for new members.

However at one time ATS used produce a PDF for offline reading of top threads (I think this was about 5 years ago).

So what if ATS compiled a "ATS - UFO case files" in pdf form from member posts and made it freely available?

The intention being this would be a compilation of the best UFO case write ups on ATS combined into however many volumes it takes (as long as the OPs agree of course)?

mirageman, i agree completely with the PDF creation if its possible. maybe it should be a required reading for everyone who interested in UFO phenomena.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
You found out why no one would share here much eh, though there are some wonderful threads, not so much newer ones though. Aggressive and abusive posters. And it has to be on purpose, allowed, or it would be stopped. So they don't want a ufology forum here.

what i noticed is that there are massive amount of 'junk thread' about ufology (eg posting links to video and blurry photo) , posting thread about the lunatic fringe of ufology (people that in too deep in their conspiracy fantasy) and not enough good review or discussion on serious UFO phenomena investigation.

I mean, i expect this kind of threads from reddit or other other non serious forum , but frankly i expect better thread and discussion in ATS and better moderations too.. i see the same people keep putting insult threads repeatedly without moderation of any kind. Is there certain point that if you are regular in this thread then the moderator will go easy on that person even if the only thing he/she did was to post off-topic/insult/incite-flamewar ? i rest my case

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Just on the point about quality of threads, a good thread has to get replies to stay on page one, but it can be hard to make a good reply in a good thread, especially if the OP has already nailed the particular topic. And even good replies in a good thread don't seem to get much love (if stars are a fair approximation).

Conversely, nonsense threads, especially ones about photos/videos, get plenty of replies, pushing any good threads down the list.

But the stickies do have links to lots of good threads. So the complaints mainly apply to the current list on page one.

And somehow the three videos that seem to have the best odds of depicting real UFOs seem to get the least attention on ATS (Utah, Montana, Catalina).

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

I will confess that while I am in the middle between 'they are here' and 'they are not here, all is fake', I am leaning towards the part that there are indeed some other species visting the Earth. The case from decades ago are just unexplanable, there weren't any good ways to make some CGI like Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and 3Ds max. That is not to say there may have not been hoaxes, but there sure have been unexplained cases to this day.

I am thinking that there is an AGENDA both by humans and these beings to REMAIN HIDDEN from public. Why do you think they haven't shown themselves so far?

Silencers, people telling you to forget what you've seen, to keep silent, both humans and in some cases - not very human means both races are doing it - staying hidden from public. There is almost no doubt in that if other beings are indeed here, they are also making sure they remain hidden.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by milomilo

Is it possible to group serious UFO threads into a sub-forum thread and those that focus on sensationalism and blurry photographs/movies into other sub forum ? its getting hard to filter serious threads from the sensationalism threads.

That would require a highly subjective value judgement on the part of the Moderators, since no-one would voluntarily opt to post in a "Sensationalistic UFO Forum." On the other hand, it might not be a bad idea to start an "Exopolitics" forum for those who believe they have intimate knowledge of the doings of our Space Brothers.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Look at my posts regarding the subject. I've known for years about the true mystery of the uFO problem. But just try getting through to all the armchair ufologists here who put the rending of the greys on their avatars and walk around with it on their shirts. If they really knew what those creatures are they wouldnt be so keen to advertise them. Its not much use really, because the phenomenon is a psychological campaign by the phenomenon itself and most people dont have the discernment to see through it.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

Well, I suppose it's human nature and the path of least resistance to just assume there's nothing to it. And every hoax or silly misidentification seems to push one in that direction automatically. But still, there are cases that are just too hard to dismiss, like Westall, where some 200 witnesses, teachers as well as students, had close-up sightings to two disc-shaped craft, one of which left a physical trace on the ground, and a goon squad showed up telling every one to be quiet about it and confiscating the camera and film from the teacher who took photos. That's just one, but there are others.

Plus government spokesman have been caught in lies many times in dismissing various cases, not to mention the withholding of gun-camera footage from the many cases in which fighters were scrambled. And the top USAF spokesman when directly asked on camera if he had ever personally seen a UFO changed his tune on the spot and told of a sighting by a squadron of U.S. bombers of which he had been the leader and therefore the principle witness--23 years earlier. Should we believe him? If so, it means in doing this job as a debunker for many years he was basically lying to the public, albeit under orders. So which is the lie, and which is the truth?

Ordinary charlatans wouldn't have the means to hoax the really strong cases, but the U.S. government presumably would if so inclined. But why would any national government want to create the false impression that it was incapable of defending the country? To get black-budget funding? The Air Force could fake a high-speed right-angle turn if they wanted to, by having one jet at night turn off its lights just as another crossing its path turned its lights on, as long as they had arranged something in advance that had people looking skyward at that moment.

Regardless, the bad photos, the flood of total nonsense, and frustration tend to wear out even people who are well versed in the strongest cases. When disinformation gets you down, think of the Coyne helicopter case or any case of an airline encounter witnessed by crew and passengers. There's something going on, but it's hard to find out what without having a close sighting and getting a good look at the phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by milomilo

ATS UFO FORUM - Where's the serious UFO Phenomena researcher / enthusiast ?

You're looking at it, bud.

Some say it's all hokum.

Some are skeptics who look at photos discriminatingly and then say fake or "unknown".

Some are believers who think that anything in a photo of the sky is a ufo -- or explicitly "aliens"...whether it's obvious lens flare, cgi, or mis-identification.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilky

i certainly agree with your post concerning the massive amount of grey images nowadays being put on as a joke because of ignorance..

i think nowadays too many people belittle stuff like symbology and non-material stuff while thinking they are 'modern' and 'scientific' thus no more need to research about non-physical stuff (which exist but cannot be quantified)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'm a scientist and take a highly methodical approach to my own personal amateur ufology as I dearly love the subject.

Ufology is akin to pushing a boulder up the hill. The phenomena is very real, however, the subject itself invites flame wars like none other. Take ETH versus EDH, for example, we really do not know for sure. Even after reading Dr. Vallee's hypothesis on EDH only, I am not convinced of it though I highly respect his contributions to the field of knowledge and recognize his genius. Frankly, I think both possibilities are cogent explanations.

Would a being who is from another dimension or multiverse other than our own Universe still not be an extraterrestrial by the very definition of the term?

The other problem with Ufology is that many get on their favorite pet explanation for the phenomena and just shut out any other person's thoughts on the matter and blast away. The egos loom large in ufology. The truth does not care about any of our egos or pet ideas. However, we must continue to dig deeper into this mystery as that will be the only way we can ever solve it.

My point is that we do not know the actual truth, yet. The fact that it is a randomly occurring phenomena with serious psychological implications on us all also does not lend itself to effective scientific investigation. Only by documenting thoroughly an overwhelming number of valid cases can we begin to build statistical picture of what we are truly facing.

I salute all serious investigators for the work they are doing in increasing our understanding. I only wish our Government would be more open on the subject as their data would be extremely valuable to us all.
edit on 18-4-2014 by pdawg67 because: left out critical word

edit on 18-4-2014 by pdawg67 because: left out critical word

edit on 18-4-2014 by pdawg67 because: Can't type well today!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join