It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS UFO FORUM - Where's the serious UFO Phenomena researcher / enthusiast ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

UFO = ETH/EDH/Spirits? Saying that UFO equals anything other than unknown phenomenon is intellectually sloppy and irresponsible.
reply to post by Druscilla

What is sloppy is to group "spirits" along with legitimate terms for hypotheses proposed by legitimate researchers.

It's not about saying it's this or that, rather that it can't possibly be this or that and warrants actual investigation.

Debunkers seem to have an aurora of naivety with regard to "UFO investigation", completely overlooking massively influential conflicts of interest regarding the topic for a kick-off. Hence the Condon Report being seen as the go-to watershed document on UFOs for the scientific community.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by johntitor2214
[SNIP].

Wow. that sounds a lot like your introduction thread that was promptly closed.

Bernard? Twice in one day???
edit on 1-3-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by milomilo

Well thanks for the comments Milomilo and there's certainly some incredibly interesting official UFO documentation out there - some of the UFO incidents being described are also pretty sensational so don't need any sensationalism from me.

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

link

Regarding other origin hypotheses there's a relevant quote from Doc Hynek in the article below and the EDH (and CTH) are certainly worth thinking about.

Expert Defends UFO Sightings

Hynek would admit to no pet theory. The simplest explanation may be the true one, that these visitors are from outer space.But he would be happier if there had been one sighting every 100 years. This way, he said, "It's like a dozen Apollo missions every afternoon."

He mentioned other theories. The UFOs may be a manifestation of "an interlocking universe" -another dimension. They be "material projections from a civilization on another planet that is far more advanced than ours."

"The UFO phenomenon signals a domain of nature as unknown to us today as nuclear energy would have been to Galileo." he said.

News Archive

Originally posted by boncho

Look up Isaac Koi's threads on the subject

In complete agreement there Boncho and Isaac's conducted some pretty amazing in depth research over the years - there's also been plenty of great ATS member input about UFO cases such as the Portage County incident, the Coyne incident, the Colares incident, the Gosford incident, the Shag Harbour Incident etc.. although it's a shame threads dealing with some of the truly puzzling incidents never seem to experience much post traffic.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You raise some good points milomilo in your post.

The really serious UFO threads with even a modicum of decent research are few and far between these days. Many of them receive few replies and die a death fairly shortly.

However they are there and others have posted a good few links. Most of these threads require a decent investment of time to digest the information and draw conclusions. That is probably where the problem lies. Many members simply don't have the time or inclination to put in the research required to post an in depth thread. That and when a detailed thread appears by someone else it is much more difficult to post something relevant on the topic without reading the thread through (unless you are familiar with it already). So it often dies away.

Whereas a youtube video of a light in the sky or a quote of a quick news bite requires much less effort and time to comment on. That and the fact that the really good UFO stories are getting rarer and rarer these days. What was the last really big case - Stephenville, O'Hare airport, The Phoenix lights?

Is there hope for serious UFO Phenomena research?

Of course there is. But you will have to work to find it on ATS.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageman

Of course there is. But you will have to work to find it on ATS.

thanks for the encouragement mirageman , you are one of the 'invisible college' researcher here in ATS along with Karl12 and the rest of serious UFO phenomena commenter/researcher =D

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

link

News Archive

In complete agreement there Boncho and Isaac's conducted some pretty amazing in depth research over the years - there's also been plenty of great ATS member input about UFO cases such as the Portage County incident, the Coyne incident, the Colares incident, the Gosford incident, the Shag Harbour Incident etc.. although it's a shame threads dealing with some of the truly puzzling incidents never seem to experience much post traffic.

Cheers.

thanks karl12, you and some of the serious guys in ATS really prop up this place =D

agreed totallly with you , the serious UFO threads got very very low post traffic in ATS.. a reflection in the real world too i guess, where sensationalism like alien corpse found !! type of news got massive news coverage.. kinda like junk food's popularity

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
ATS at one time was a pretty decent place on which to post a sighting, and host a sensible discussion on the subject, but due to the heckling and immaturity of most of the skeptics, sensible discussion soon became impossible! I personally wouldn't even consider posting a sighting on ATS!
I enjoy the site, but over the course of the past year or so I've learned it's a site I wouldn't trust. It would be foolish of me to trust any website, but there is something about the way certain monitors on ATS are so quick to sensor replies, that causes me to wonder.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Thanks for the recommendations, I will check out John Keel and Barbara Bartholic for sure. It's so rare to find currents of remotely sane investigation in these fields, since they tend to drive people crazy.

reply to post by MysterX

This. This. A thousand times this.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Autograf

Thanks for the recommendations, I will check out John Keel and Barbara Bartholic for sure. It's so rare to find currents of remotely sane investigation in these fields, since they tend to drive people crazy.

reply to post by MysterX

This. This. A thousand times this.

yeah, the real ufo phenomena investigators like john keel and jerome clark all experienced scary psycic attacks, apparations and poltergeist, in fact a knowledge of occultism research is a MUST for any serious UFO investigator. It become a badge of authenticity for investigators that if they experienced the high strangeness stuff personallly when they investigate UFOs then they are on the right track..

www.ignaciodarnaude.com...

i recommend you locate and download FSR magazine pdf collection (free pdf downloads) and check out the cases from the 50s to 80s

www.ignaciodarnaude.com...
edit on 1-3-2013 by milomilo because: spellink

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDevilWearsBlueShirts

i thought meaningless and one liner post are strictly forbidden ?

what are you trying to say?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by milomilo
i recommend you locate and download FSR magazine pdf collection (free pdf downloads) and check out the cases from the 50s to 80s

Cool, I haven't heard of FSR magazine before. Do you mean Flying Saucer Review? There seem to be several FSRs out there.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by milomilo

Cool, I haven't heard of FSR magazine before. Do you mean Flying Saucer Review? There seem to be several FSRs out there.

yes friend, its an old ancient magazine thats available freely as pdf on the link above.. FSR never stray into sensationalism and they document cases in us/eur pretty detailed, sadly they dont document in detail the south american cases except a few like villa boas incident..

read it in its entirerity from the start as i did, and see the pattern of high strangeness that pop up in every case. you wont regret it ;-)

its sad that other newcomers to ufology nowadays are bombarded with roswell nonsense when they have excellent access to freely available encounter documentation on the net since the beginning of recorded history.. UFO are more than just strange unidentified lights , they are much more than that and much more sinister..

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Great I will definitely find the time to read it. I find MUFON to also supply a lot of good, down-to-earth data about the phenomenon (along with the inevitable noise), so it would be exciting to find more similar currents.

You mentioned South America... which brings up the point that much of what happens doesn't get written about in English. We need to be wizards with the Translation tools if we want to really get to the bottom of things these days!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Great I will definitely find the time to read it. I find MUFON to also supply a lot of good, down-to-earth data about the phenomenon (along with the inevitable noise), so it would be exciting to find more similar currents.

You mentioned South America... which brings up the point that much of what happens doesn't get written about in English. We need to be wizards with the Translation tools if we want to really get to the bottom of things these days!

yah there are massive amount of local literature in argentina and brazil covering UFO in south america.. but sadly never enter the main stream except few cases

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Hmm, all I know is that the keyword for Latin America is "OVNI". Can you recommend any organizations, literature or other prominent less-loony sources from Argentina and Brazil?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
IsaacKoi's and karl12's threads are good, informative and have something to read and make you think. Though either way, what do these documents tell us? The whole UFO topic is becoming tiresome and boring.Unless something or someone makes a difference, this all and I mean literally ALL cases will be nothing but 'just another story that will remain forgotten or make people wonder with no progress in finding the truth'.

People are right to doubt, to question, it's tiresome but that's what they all want you, to get tired of it until you give up. I am not giving up but I feel I am wasting my time with speculating thread after thread, better do something OUTSIDE, for real.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
IsaacKoi's and karl12's threads are good, informative and have something to read and make you think. Though either way, what do these documents tell us? The whole UFO topic is becoming tiresome and boring.Unless something or someone makes a difference, this all and I mean literally ALL cases will be nothing but 'just another story that will remain forgotten or make people wonder with no progress in finding the truth'.

People are right to doubt, to question, it's tiresome but that's what they all want you, to get tired of it until you give up. I am not giving up but I feel I am wasting my time with speculating thread after thread, better do something OUTSIDE, for real.

you look for pattern in the encounter database. after you read a number of these documents im sure you can extract some kind of conclusion based on the recurring patterns of ufo phenomena.

its been done before and you can see what other people/researcher found out based on their data mining. sadly not many people here interested in indepth reading and research, most just gawk at photo/video and posting sensationalism threads like 'chinese boy can see in dark, must be reptilian', 'alien corpse found in mexico', 'whistleblower of crased saucer'

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join