Originally posted by milomilo
Dear ATS UFO Forumer
Everytime i checked ATS thread it seems sensationalist threads are the one that garner most attention.. Sure there are gems but there are very rare..
Karl12's thread are consistently focused on serious UFO documentation and never veer single inch toward sensationalism, some also consistently post
enlightening historical UFO phenomena research but these kind of threads are exception to the rule in ATS
This much I agree with.
Originally posted by milomilo
For comparison :
- Serious UFO phenomena researchers do not believe in Extra terrestrial hypothesis, they believe in other form of existence (extra dimensional /
spirits / etc)
- Serious UFO researcher always noticed the HIGH Strangeness involving UFO encounters, from physical to psychical.
- Serious UFO researcher do field work in interviewing witnesses, in fact its been said that meeting with witnesses are the most effective field
research for Ufology
- Modern UFOlogist speaks as if UFO = Aliens from outer space , like its already a FACT.
- Modern UFOlogist speaks of UFO = nuts n bolts spacecraft , like its already a FACT
- Modern UFOlogist hardly (or never) go interview witnesses.
- Modern UFOlogist prefer to disseminate blurry photos and videos and start endless discussion from it
Are there hope for serious UFO Phenomena research ?
All I can say is I strongly disagree with your conclusions/assertions presented as statements of fact.
Firstly, I might argue that many serious researchers HAVE NOT concluded that the "ET/Alien Origin" hypothesis can be discarded.
The whole "Interdimensional" hypothesis is extremely weak given that there is so far zero actual evidence for the existence of any "other dimension"
even existing. There are certain theories that suggest some other dimensions might exist in theory, (as in String Theory), but that is so far, just a
theory. Likewise there are physicists who argue that there might exist an infinite number of alternate universes. But so far, none of this has been
demonstrated to be true, and even if there are an infinite number of universes, there is absolutely no evidence it would be easier to travel between
universes than between star systems in this universe.
What researcher out there actually believes that aliens use "nuts and bolts" to construct their spacecraft? I mean, hopefully they are at least
advanced to the level of the primitive human technology of the twentieth century and therefore using rivets to assemble their primitive craft!!!
I'm not arguing against "high strangeness" or "spiritual" aspects of the phenomena. But the reality is that if any civilization is able to travel
between star systems, they have technology that is probably hundreds or thousands of years beyond us (maybe millions or billions of years beyond us).
It would be almost impossible for us to imagine what sorts of technologies they would possess if they were even more than a few decades beyond our
edit on 26-2-2013 by bluestreak53 because: punctuation