It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't need us to tell you gas prices are on the rise.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I saw this video on another website. I know it's from Conan O'Brien, but don't let that take away from the integrity of the message. I find this very odd however I'm not very surprised to see a montage of something like this. You could probably go through and find another 100 news channels that said the same thing.

www.ebaumsworld.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

Yep, no raise on min wage, $4.26 a gallon. Good times we're in

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
you're not kidding- when I started driving gas was like 1.50 a gallon and i was making about 7.50 an hour- now gas is nearly 3 times that and I make 10.00/hr... By the time you add up insurance, gas, car payment, and maintenance, registration and the occasional ticket driving is one of the most expensive necessary evils around...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This lets you know all media is controlled by a few for their agenda.

We are the brainwashed sheep

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

Yea but I think its pretty crazy they would have so many networks say the same thing verbatim. I wonder what it would take for your average citizen to wake up. I refrain from saying American citizen because I'm sure this kind of stuff happens in other countries as well.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
They haven't reported light sweet crude prices for over 5 years now.

The US again is the world leading oil producer, by wringing out small oil wells they wouldn't have bothered with a decade earlier.

SA is in serious decline, but you won't find that in the news. The Montana oil rush is already over.

N sea dry, Russia running on empty.

The world is in massive denial.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

Yea but I think its pretty crazy they would have so many networks say the same thing verbatim. I wonder what it would take for your average citizen to wake up. I refrain from saying American citizen because I'm sure this kind of stuff happens in other countries as well.

Where I live unleaded petrol is £1.39 a liter in the north of England

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Isn't inflation fun! We haven't seen nothin' yet

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
When I started driving gas was about 79 cents and I made $4.50/hour (Summer job)- Min wage was like $3 something/hour.

I think my best actual income ever (when compared to what I could actually buy) was in the mid to late 1990s. I made $15/hour and everyone I knew was making at least $10. I was just out of school and everyone I knew had their own car or house/apartment...

Fast forward to 2013 and I would kill to make $15/hour again... Thats really...really sad.

Couple this with the fact that many "kids" cannot even find work and are stuck living at home unable to afford a car- Its no wonder things are quickly falling apart here.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Isn't inflation fun! We haven't seen nothin' yet

Hang on tight!

We are in for a wild ride.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

This is what people do.. thats one of the best examples of MSM scripting I've ever seen.

Unbelievable that they send the same news out, verbatim, to so many places, its pointed out here obviously. and the replies are "yeah gas is so much higher, the countries going down the crapper"...

Did yall even watch the video?????

Here OP, maybe the people posting will actually WATCH the video when they don't have to wait 30 whole seconds.

edit on 26-2-2013 by 1/2 Nephilim because: to add video

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1/2 Nephilim

This is what people do.. thats one of the best examples of MSM scripting I've ever seen.

Unbelievable that they send the same news out, verbatim, to so many places, its pointed out here obviously. and the replies are "yeah gas is so much higher, the countries going down the crapper"...

Did yall even watch the video?????

...Yes. On another thread (although I am sure its the same one)

My take (on topic since my last post wasnt-) is that I already knew this years ago. When the newspapers and other media were deregulated I watched it happen- And that was decades ago it seems.

So my take is that I am not at all surprised. Hell, my local TV station (lansing Mi.) ran the same story and worded it the same... Television is the ultimate propaganda tool and unfortunately many still buy the whole 'fre press" and journalistic integrity ideal... I am long past that point.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

Running out of cheap gas will be the best that has happened in this country in a long time.

It's the beginning of the end, for giant corporations, and shipping goods made by slave labor half away around the world to sell.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Running out of cheap gas will be the best that has happened in this country in a long time.

It's the beginning of the end, for giant corporations, and shipping goods made by slave labor half away around the world to sell.

Not true- They will move to Fracking (scary stuff-) and continue to gouge...They will run this ship into the ground in the name of profit and fight every chance to have real and valid change (until they can control the monetization of that change)

I once felt like you- That once we hit crisis we will change for the better- Nope, the captain will take this Ship down and bring us all with him to the bottom.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Shhh, you might scare the kiddos on ATS!

They need to believe in the tooth fairy, bigfoot, and AGW + Peak Oil being a myth.

Thanks for the reality check.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Thats fine and all but talking about how cheap gas was when you walked to school in the snow barefoot and inflation is pushing this thread off topic on the 1st page.

Why not just lololol like the audience... cuz your not surprised, it is funny!

Lets all have a good hearty laugh at how far they're bending us over and discuss the rising prices like they're the result of something not made up.

reply to post by poet1b

The US isn't running out of oil anytime soon, thats why we have been borrowing everyone else's for so long. So that when they tapped the reserves and collapse the dollar the rich will still have commodities.

Still, were way off-topic on the 1st page.
edit on 26-2-2013 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Posted earlier today OP. Great video though. It definitely makes the point.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
to think, we have been getting most things for free for years

our own banks control the interest and lending rates

so who the hell are we in debt to, especially the energy market.....how long ago now has sadam been toppled??
well thats how long "someones" probably been controlling the market

maybe, maybe not

peace
edit on 26-2-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The US isn't running out of oil anytime soon, thats why we have been borrowing everyone else's for so long.

Like I already pointed out, the Montana oil rush is already over.

Fracking has already created so much damage the public is already against it.

Face reality, the days of enormous oil wells producing phenomenally huge amounts of high grade oil are over, and that will completely change the worlds economic picture.

Alternative energy sources already exist that are only held back by the cheap cost of easy to get high grade crude. The huge wasteful economy designed only for the benefit of the bankers and oil barons will come crashing down.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
When I started driving gas was about 79 cents and I made $4.50/hour (Summer job)- Min wage was like $3 something/hour.

I think my best actual income ever (when compared to what I could actually buy) was in the mid to late 1990s. I made $15/hour and everyone I knew was making at least $10. I was just out of school and everyone I knew had their own car or house/apartment...

Fast forward to 2013 and I would kill to make $15/hour again... Thats really...really sad.

Couple this with the fact that many "kids" cannot even find work and are stuck living at home unable to afford a car- Its no wonder things are quickly falling apart here.

I remember the first job I had was working at a gas station. I was under-aged 15-16 and had to have a work permit. Minimum was $3.35 an hour. Gas was cheap it fluctuated under .50 cents. That was when we still had leaded gasoline that was being phased out. Anyone could afford to go on vacation and drive anywhere. There was so much more freedom back then. Friends could all go drive miles and miles away to enjoy the lakes and streams all the time. My father back in the 80's made like 12-13 hrly and supported our family of 4. Built a brand new 3 bedroom 2 car garage home on 1/3 acre for 39k. Owned 2 vehicles a Toyota car and GMC 3/4 ton pickup. Those was the days. 80's and early 90's was Americas Prime. That's when your money was worth something. Inflation is just stupid there is no reason for it to be like this. I would gladly give up everything to go back to the 80's and 90's.
edit on 26-2-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join