It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face Book! IRRITATING!!!! Or is it my Friends?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Anyone getting extremely tired of opening Facebook and getting inundated with these dumb assed "I'm to lazy to actually type" EE card thingies?

I DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK THAT YOUR KIDS ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THINGS ON EARTH AND I'M NOT GONNA CLICK "LIKE"!!!!! OK ??

They are good kids, I'm sure, but do I honestly have to know that on a daily basis?????

Give it a FREAKING break and write something from your own heart!!

AAAAAAAAAAARRRGH!!!!!!!!

I feel like telling people off, but how can you? If I deleted the culprits (mostly the women YES! Im pointing at YOU = then that wouldn't be cool, would it? lol..

Anyways once again
AAAAAAAAAARRRGH!!!!!!

~end rant

edit on 26-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Then delete them. The point of Facebook is to post what you want.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
See the arrow pointing down on the upper right hand of a Facebook status (you have to hover to find it). Click, then select hide.

Done.

Of course that's only getting rid of that particular one, not future one's. All you can do really is hide comments from said person I imagine, that way no one's feelings are hurt from a delete.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Deleting them would be a full time job.

Thanks for your reply.

AAAAAAAARRRRRGH!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Facebook is becoming nothing but advertisements, "suggested pages" and "shares".

I have over 100 real friends, you know -- actual people that I know in real life? None of them post anything of substance anymore. All they do is just click "share" on some stupid photo I saw on reddit a week before.

If you combine that experience with all the new ways Facebook is going to start monetizing it's users -- I foresee a mass exodus off of Facebook like we saw with Myspace. It's just getting to spammy and full of crap.

Remember how Myspace got all junked up with everyone thinking they were expert HTML programmers? It's getting like that (in a way) with Facebook.

And I swear, no your kid is ugly as sin and I don't care to see some auto-generated week-by-week update of your pregnancy.

I have unsubscribed from a TON of people. Facebook is pretty much useless now. It's not even worth checking more than once every few days.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

I feel sorry for all of those "culprits" who are ignorant of your true opinion of them because you are too cowardly..oops, I mean noble to tell them what you think and how you feel.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I never had a face book. Never had one never will. But than again, I'm just one of those old farts that if you never had one, you don't know what you're missing. The last thing I need to do is create a face book and than the next day have 100's of people that want to be my friend. Probably people I don't even know or who are just fly-by acquaintances.
I need face book as much as I need my 300 minute cell phone, which I hardly ever go over 100 minutes in a month.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Cowardly is more like it. There would certainly be hell to pay

-only opinion is that they should type something themselves instead of inundating the page with someone else's "feel-good" tripe on an hourly basis !

"And I swear, no your kid is ugly as sin and I don't care to see some auto-generated week-by-week update of your pregnancy. "

Bwahahahhaahhaahh!!!!!

omg Mystik .. I could get into hot water on this one... omg omg...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Haha it is just you.

I get these and find many of them hilarious.

Just because someone posts something doesn't mean you have to like it. It's like ATS if you don't like a thread just move on. You may not like it but others might.

I tell people all the time if you don't like what i post you can delete me or hide my posts.

The only thing that bothers me on FB are the posts people make of their kids. Some things should be private and not all over the darn internet when it comes to your kids. THAT is what i don't like seeing on FB.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

And how about this one??

Here's what I just ate... ...really?

....why on Gods green earth should anyone be subjected to your culinary disasters on a daily basis?

AAAAAARRRRRGH!!!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Facebook is becoming nothing but advertisements, "suggested pages" and "shares".

Are you surprised?! I'm not. I dislike FB but I still use it...love hate relationship you could say.

I have over 100 real friends, you know -- actual people that I know in real life? None of them post anything of substance anymore. All they do is just click "share" on some stupid photo I saw on reddit a week before.

I have very few friends who post anything of interest. Most of the people who post things of interest are all fellow ATS members. Again it just depends on the person and the "Sharing" thing, isn't that what FB is all about? Sharing "things" you enjoy with others to make a connection? It's how social networking is becoming. Its like that on all social sites, it was like that on Myspace but in a different way, FB just made it quicker and easier. Also who cares if you saw it, not everyone will see what you see. I see posts that are reposted over and over for a week by various people who see it at different times. I just scroll right over it.

If you combine that experience with all the new ways Facebook is going to start monetizing it's users -- I foresee a mass exodus off of Facebook like we saw with Myspace. It's just getting to spammy and full of crap.

Is it any surprise they want to make a buck off of you? NO it's not.
I don't see FB having a mass exodus. It's far too different than Myspace. It isn't just a place to talk on the internet, it's used for businesses and marketing moreso than Myspace ever was. It is in a different category now I would say and I dont see people getting off of it that easily.

Remember how Myspace got all junked up with everyone thinking they were expert HTML programmers? It's getting like that (in a way) with Facebook.

Hey I was proud of the little HTML I learned thanks to Myspace and wanting to rock my own personalized page.

I also see no comparison with FB and this. You can't use HTML to change your page like you could on Myspace. You can download add ons or extensions to change the look of your page but it is not customizable like Myspace was.

And I swear, no your kid is ugly as sin and I don't care to see some auto-generated week-by-week update of your pregnancy.

AS someone who is 24wks pregnant I know what pics you are talking about. I personally don't post "baby bump" pics. I have had requests and that is the only time I have posted a picture. I dont really want to document that part of my life on FB. FB is more of a blog for me than anything....I have had friends take pics weekly and show them on their FB. Did it drive me nuts to see it every week? Sure sometimes but did it ruin my FB time? No. Obviously they are excited and want to share with everyone. I"m a little more private about my pregnancy. I think some things should be kept within the family and not the internet. Again if you don't like it you can hide that persons posts from your feed or delete them.

I have unsubscribed from a TON of people. Facebook is pretty much useless now. It's not even worth checking more than once every few days.

Why do you even have a FB? I am curious since you don't seem to like anything about it.

I dislike FB but i also don't mind it at the same time. I know what it's all about and I choose to use it. If I choose not to one day then fine. It won't bother me either way.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Hey I'm one who posts food pics all the time...

I also post food pics with recipes on here........oh no!

I post culinary masterpieces

I have a few friends who post food pics and their food looks delicious.

Here have some bread

I made this and yes I shared it on FB and ATS

edit on 2/26/2013 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I have an idea that might seem sort of radical at first, but if you mull it over for a bit you might get to like the idea: GET OFF OF FACEBOOK!!!

I don't do Facebook or anything like it. When I want to catch up with my friends I call them or go to visit them - or sometimes even Skype with them. I don't have to look at silly pics or inane comments or incriminating details. I only associate with my REAL friends, not people that I may have had a passing acquaintance with 20 years ago whom I would never have hung out with even THEN. You should consider such a radical change; you might start a new trend!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

That looks yummy, and I don't doubt your prowess when it comes to food

This is more a "fun-rant" than an actual serious gripe.

As far as deleting my fb profile, I've uploaded a lot of pictures and cataloged them on FB, and also it does have it's good points, IE close family information and getting re-acquainted with people you haven't seen in a while..

but still...

AAAAAAAARRRRRGH!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Oh I know you aren't being serious, that is why i'm messing with you with food pics

hehe

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I find so many of those pics hilarious. They are like instant greeting cards, they say what you are feeling...sometimes a little too much lol

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
How about the posting of negative thoughts? Here's an example:

No Job No $$$ No g/f .. hate my life ..wish $%%s would stay out of my private business, blah blah

-Thats ok things will get better
-sorry to hear
-come by for a beer sometime we'll talk

I'm thinking: Welcome to life, deal with it and for the love of Moses stop your incessant mewling!

!!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

They annoy me too. I'd be lying if I said I didn't find some of them funny though.

Also,you can hide all posts from whoever you want.Just choose hide,then click "change what updates you see from..." Trust me,it comes in handy.I've used it.Makes my news feed a lot less crowded and annoying!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
unplug yourself from the machine.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

unplug yourself from the machine.

Not yet. But I hear ya

top topics

<<   2 >>

join