It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling Intelligent Designers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I have been meaning to start this thread for a while. First let me say I really hope this thread does not turn into an argument of whether or not intelligent design is valid or not that is not the intended purpose. Let us for a moment all put aside our differences on the origin of life and brainstorm on how it could have been done differently. If you were god and created your own universe along with a species such as us how would you do it different? This is kind of an experiment if you find it offensive my apologies however this is probably not the thread for you.
How would you redesign us using the know biology of our world? For example I would make us to where we could regrow limbs like a lizard and design a filtration system to where we could ingest salt water. Our planet is covered by water but without desalination people are still dying from dehydration. Maybe you would design us with gills where we could utilize the majority of the planet instead of the 30% that isn’t covered by water.

You could get crazy and go into the realm of sci fi like the movie Pandora where their bones were like carbon fiber but if we could stick to earth ecology I think we will still come up with some interesting results.

If you think about all the different animals on this planet and the traits they have developed there are some pretty amazing things. Imagine if you had the eyesight of an owl or were able to regrow teeth throughout your life. No more dentist appointments I think that would be great. Teeth have been historically important in our history. Our teeth played a huge role in human lifespans with our ancestors.

Perhaps in the future scientists will be able to rework our own genetic makeup to where some of these things will be possible. There have been a few science articles where they are working towards that goal on a much smaller scale. One day we may be able to control our own evolution through science. A recent article was claiming the ability to regrow teeth may be only years away.
So working within the confines of known traits animals have what kind of human would you intelligently design?

I wanted to format this better but it is what it is. Hopefully this thread will inspire maybe it won’t I guess we will see.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

At this point I would like to evolve better for ATS. I would need thick skin like a Rhino. I would need to merge with a A.I to optain a photographic memory. I would need stamina and less need to sleep like a Shark. The power of a Tiger to keep the predators away. Be like a Dragon and breath fire to burn the Trolls.

I bet it still wouldn't help.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

I think you just described me when I was cramming for exams in college hoped up on Adderall the dragon breath was close after a night of partying cause I passed.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I have absolutely no reply to that, except
thank's for the laugh.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
NOT an Intelligent designer.

1 would design a "nursery" for what a CREATOR Creation HUMAN really IS a (Soul-Spirit-Internal ENERGY) to grow ITS TRUE FORM as it finds itself and its way incase it EVER would say "I" would of maybe done this if it was my free will decisions. Then once they human reaches its point of maturity allow it PASSAGE to continue upgrading its TRUE FORM after it evolves outside of Nursery phase...

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
NAMASTE*******

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I would create all these amazing, intelligent alien races on planets everywhere, I'd make about 80% of all the planets to be full of lifeforms like earth is. I'd create lush, tropical Jungle like worlds next to barren, unholy wastelands. All with unique political and economic systems, from Huge, Rural plague pit planets, all the way to advanced, technologically superior, imperialist Utopias.
One one side of the universe id spark the communist revolutions, on the other side I'd spark some capitalist revolutions and let them meet in the middle to see what happens.
Then, when everyone is distracted with petty feuds between themselves I would quietly create the humans, I'd make them Naive and gullible enough to follow my divine words and materialistic and greedy enough to act out my wishes for cheap shiny things, then I'd gently nudge them towards a global dictatorship and make them believe they are free when they are actually trapped, cogs in a well oiled machine.
In this universe I'd actually play an active role in life so in my mind that already makes me a better god than Yahweh...
Eventually Earth would resemble North Korea (or rather, what the western media tells us North Korea is like anyway). and I'd tell my minions to invade and enslave all the other alien races I previously made.
I would do all of this just to see how all the different species would deal with the human aggression.
The intellectual skleeurm people wouldn't stand a chance against a planet of natural born warriors and military strategists...
But its just a thought...
Eventually I would probably get bored and leave for a while and I'd imagine without my influence the human empire would collapse and the humans would inevitably retreat back to earth, a few catastrophic wars in earth and the human society would collapse, a few thousand years later and the humans would have completely forgotten their former glory, completely forgotten me, by this point they would already be worshiping false idols blindly with only a few pyramid shaped buildings in a desert and stone built civilizations remaining.
Of course the alien races we conquered would never forget the war crimes committed by humans and would silently watch us from a distance, waiting for the day we rise again.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I am kind of surprised I thought this would garner more attention. I appreciate those who have offered their opinion but I think some have misinterpreted what I was asking for. Maybe I made it a little confusing by mentioning the universe and Pandora.

I tried to put some constraints in place otherwise this thread will not make much sense.

I will rephrase my question to all in a different way.

If you could redesign us where we could have any trait currently in the animal kingdom what would you change? You can change anything as long as there has been an animal that actually had or has this trait.

Examples would be
Wings
Four legs or three
Make us amphibious
Give us a trunk like an elephant

However this is what I ask when you tell us what you would like changed do it for a reason.
Such as..

Example

I would give us a tail like a monkey.

The reason.....

It would be because it is like an extra set of hands it could hold are drink while we do other things or for just hanging around(pun intended).

As I said in the OP I would give us regenerative powers like a lizard. If you have ever met an amputee you understand why.

This exercise is to design humanity better than god did. In short make a more intelligent design. This thread is only intended to redefine human anatomy. I can make another thread for societies and worlds if anyone wishes.

I hope I clarified my OP.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I would make these short lives of ours known simulations. Experience anything you want, learn anything you want, no spoilers allowed on the simulations though. Life is no fun without surprises.

Grim, if you have never heard of this give it a read when you get a chance. I think you would like it.

Under "Read it Online" - The complete text of The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect.

localroger.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Definitely limb regeneration for obvious reasons. This thing can regrow parts of its brain too: www.sciencedaily.com...

Natural immortality - like elves in lotr. Immortality is a double edged sword, it would suck to be around when the sun explodes, but natural immortality gives you a way out when you've had your time.
en.wikipedia.org...

I'd give us the ability to disable our sensory neurones for a period. I know I'm cold, body, stop shivering, I get it!

Dolphin sonar - they can see inside animals and attack their vital organs without having ever encountered the enemy before, they can stun smaller fish with concentrated sonar blasts.

My changes don't actually change our physical appearance. I would have said wings, but then, we'd end up extinct - why would we bother with medicine, science or sex when we can be outside flying?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

Thanks I will read over it tomorrow. I was trying to stay away from spirituality in this thread though.

Would you change anything physical in nature? Is there anything animal trait that if you had the chance would give to humans? Most people would like to be able to fly. Do you feel that the human body has all the best traits of all the animals in the world already to where you wouldn’t change anything?

reply to post by Dispo

Definitely limb regeneration for obvious reasons. This thing can regrow parts of its brain too: www.sciencedaily.com...

Like a lizard. I agree that would change everything about society.

Natural immortality - like elves in lotr. Immortality is a double edged sword, it would suck to be around when the sun explodes, but natural immortality gives you a way out when you've had your time.
en.wikipedia.org...

Sounds great but I don’t think there is any evidence that they ever existed outside fiction. Working within the restraints of known biology. In other words creatures that have existed or already exist.

I'd give us the ability to disable our sensory neurones for a period. I know I'm cold, body, stop shivering, I get it!

Is there an animal that can do that?

Dolphin sonar - they can see inside animals and attack their vital organs without having ever encountered the enemy before, they can stun smaller fish with concentrated sonar blasts.

That’s what I am talking about. Briliant I have never thought about that trait.

My changes don't actually change our physical appearance. I would have said wings, but then, we'd end up extinct - why would we bother with medicine, science or sex when we can be outside flying?

Maybe but I think sex is still pretty fun.
Something like that would have effected societal human development drastically. When you think about how much society has changed with the development in transportation methods over the centuries.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Check the wiki link under natural immortality, it's an immortal jellyfish.

As for the sensory neurones, we can sort of do it now with pain receptors. The only problem is, we're not entirely sure how they work yet, or why some people can control them. Once we figure that out though, I'm sure it's only a matter of time until we can figure out the entire sensory system.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Very cool
My apologies I really need to take more time and be more thorough when posting. I get caught up in three or four threads at a time and get sloppy and misread things in that case horribly.

I wonder if a starfish could be considered immortal. You can cut them up and they regrow new bodies. Well I guess in a way that could be considered genetic immortality.

Now I wonder if any creatures can transfer intelligence

Edit to add

Another trait I would incorporate is an internal compass or homing system like homing pigeons. It is salmon that can find their way back to the very steam where they hatched but from what I read they think that is from a sense of smell.
edit on 26-2-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

No worries.

Btw, the intelligence thing would be megacool. No more school/big school/university/university again/more university/emerging from academia at the age of 30 with no life experience! Someone should make that happen asap.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Hey...I got the invite too.

My Girl says this thing will no longer connect but I got two names and a University.

Did you see?

GOD eh...let's play.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Thanks for joining SI (Split Infinity). So the question is if you could change humanity by adding any trait from the known animal kingdom what would you add or even take away from us.

The constraints of this question are it needs to have actually existed or still exists. A couple examples are already posted. Please explain what the benefit would be.

Basically think of it as a suggestion box for god and the reason these constraints are there is because we know it is possible in biology because animals have already developed those traits.

Sound interesting?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Well...it would be nice if Humans had the ability to replace damaged or decaying teeth like shark...but perhaps without the teeth rows. LOL!

My teeth are good but I know a long time friend who had to get dentures as his teeth...even though he always brushed...had an issue with the enamel wearing off.

It would definitely save on Dentist bills! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

The first thing that springs to mind is a very old suggestion. A Pinocchio type nose that grows larger when lying.

Advantages:

1. Even the most unobservant would know if they are being lied to.
2. It would allow secrets to be kept but not allow the reasons given for those secrets to be lied about.
3. Lies sometimes avoid conflict but this is negated by lies always end up causing conflict
4. The reason for getting home late from the Pub due to someone buying you a pint just as you were leaving would be believed

Disadvantages:

1. The reason for getting home late from the Pub due to someone buying you a pint just as you were leaving cant be used on all the occasions it was a lie
2. The question 'Does my bum look big in this?' will always end in an argument.

Example in nature

Not inflatable due to lying but close enough Frog with inflatable nose

edit on 27-2-2013 by colin42 because: Added example in nature

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I would put that in Collin but Pinocchio doesn’t really fit the in the animal kingdom. I think it’s a great idea but my first thoughts were impure when you started liting reasons.

reply to post by SplitInfinity

Well so far the new human would have

1 Self-replenishing teeth like Crocodiles or sharks.
2 An internal compass like homing pigeons or I think sea turtles.
3 Limb regeneration like lizards/salamanders.
4 Near immortality like Turritopsis nutricula, the immortal jellyfish however the reproductive system would at the very least would need to be intentional for fear of over population. We already have a problem in that department.
5 Sonar like dolphin and bats.

This new human is shaping up. This exercise could be useful for some religions I think I read where in one religion if they do everything right they get to become a god of their own galaxy or universe. I think that is Mormonism.

edit on 27-2-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Thing is...many of the things listed are possible through Genetic Engineering. In the next 25 years we will see Humanity using Genetic Cures in the Womb to prevent Birth Defects. Genetic cures for Cancer, HIV and AIDS, M.S....etc...you name it.

This will of course lead to the next stage of Human Evolution that is driven by Humanity itself...thus condition....the Genetic Restructuring of the Human Body and Mind. We can already do much of it...we will be able to do a whole lot more in even the next 10 years.

Imagine being able to increase Life Span, Intelligence, Physical Abilities, Resistence to Disease...and also...being able to regrow limbs either from the body itself or to be able to Clone an arm or lungs or heart and grow just the necessary Human limb or organ.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The biggest question to consider here is, why am I making a universe? Why am I creating a race of sentient beings? Why am I doing any of this?

Let's start there. Obviously, the subject material begs the assumption that I am omnipotent and omniscient. This means that I know everything. But more than knowing, I like experience. I like to feel. So what is the most stimulating, more pervading form of sense? I decide to create humans. As an omnipotent, omniscient, infinite being, I want to know every possible experience of being ignorant, weak, and finite. So I create life. All manner of life.

Next step - protecting life. For simplicity's sake, I'm going to cut straight to the human scene. How do I protect humans? By enabling them to protect themselves. And this means engineering their home dimension so that everything can be converted into anything else. Make their reality malleable. Show them how negative can become positive in the right frame of mind, and vice versa.

Set the cycle to infinite, and sit back. Watch your creations struggle up a step ladder of infinite possibilities, not intervening because you don't want to miss any of it. My sole source of satisfaction is watching my creations become gods in their own right, because that means the game was perfect. Every heroic tale of survival, struggle, experience and enlightenment must go through hell before it gets to heaven, and the finish line means absolutely nothing if you do not understand why you did it. To become a godly being, to return to my essence, if you do not understand the necessity of every single thing in the universe, then you missed something. I want you to experience the ecstasy of knowing the universe in its totality, and being perfectly content. But first, you must know the why of everything.

But that's just my input. I didn't get too detailed because if your plans as a god become too complicated, you miss the forest for the trees.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join