It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Super PAC Sends Racist Tweet About Mitch McConnell’s Chinese Wife

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Think Progress

A liberal super PAC in Kentucky is on the defensive after recently sending a racist tweet attacking Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-KY) wife for being Chinese.
McConnell, running for reelection in 2014, is married to former Labor Secretary Elaine Chao, who was born in Taiwan after her family fled mainland China during the Chinese Civil War. One super PAC dedicated to defeating McConnell, Progress Kentucky, has spent months relentlessly hammering the Republican on outsourcing.
However, on February 14, they took the matter a step further and sent the following tweet impugning McConnell’s wife’s heritage as an explanation for why Kentucky jobs have been outsourced.

Here's the content of the tweet:

Progress Kentucky @ProgressKy

This woman has the ear of @McConnellPress -- she's his #wife. May explain why your job moved to #China!

Absolutely disgusting. Liberals, Progressives and Leftists have spent decades trying to combat assumptions based on race and here is this guy going whole hog racist. I can't claim to like what she did as Bush's Labor Secretary however that has to do with the sell out of America by Corporations and the Politicians they buy (both party's) and nothing to do with her being Chinese.

It's an assumption that an immigrant can't be loyal to their new home country. That's the same assbaggery the Right have been using for years to make immigration into the US harder and harder. This isn't acceptable.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Honestly people say we are so much more advanced because of our technology. This is disgusting and is a blatent example of how we are not any further a long then we were 100 years ago.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
How is it racist? She is his wife and she was the Secretary of labor when loads of jobs went to China. If anyone should be able to tell why jobs went to China it's her. The tweet never mentions anything about her being Chinese.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Seems like the wrong conclusion, but its not racist.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

No but the tweet has her picture and implies that heritage has everything to do with jobs going to China when there's plenty of Americans ensuring that happens.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Yeah that's a pretty big leap in calling it racist. It has more to do with her former job than her heritage.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yes, everyone should go after this guy for the disgusting things he's saying. At the bottom of your article, they stand by their "tweet".

Progress Kentucky just released a second statement standing by its tweet and denying that it was racist in nature: “Senator Mitch McConnell has a conflict of interest that many are afraid to talk about, and Progress Kentucky is not,” the group said.

This is not an right vs left thing. Racism shows up all over. It's beneath our society. We should be beyond this ridiculous thinking!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Oh, I always thought he just got a mail-order bride like so many other men in KY are doing these days. They can't find anyone willing to marry them, so they just buy a wife. It's becoming a common practice for some.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

This is not an right vs left thing. Racism shows up all over. It's beneath our society. We should be beyond this ridiculous thinking!

Agreed! The problem is, that it seems politically correct for the progressives to use the race card when defending their current POTUS!

My bad, I am not supposed to point out the hypocracy of the whole bi partisan mind control, and their goal to divide and conquer..........................

Back to my time out corner..........

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

Jobs also get outsourced to India...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Liberals are not trying to combat racism or any other ism. They are simply fishing for votes, talking out both sides of their mouths. They have set the cause of equality back further with their lies and absolute tripe.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

My bad, I am not supposed to point out the hypocracy of the whole bi partisan mind control, and their goal to divide and conquer..........................

Back to my time out corner..........

Could be finding so many things racist is being racist...like one of those "whoever smelt it dealt it" kind of thing or is treating people differently due to race not racist? If this woman were form Poland and the jobs were going to Poland it would not be racist.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

No but the tweet has her picture and implies that heritage has everything to do with jobs going to China when there's plenty of Americans ensuring that happens.

From the link here is the tweet.

Where's the pic?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Non-sense. Some Democrats may play lip service for votes but this is a very legitimate issue that many Liberals, Progressives and Leftists volunteer their time toward.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

well, it could have been worse...just do like the republicans do and make stuff up, then broadcast it on fox news as being a "news alert"

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

You're right, sorry I was looking at another article on this topic.
But I maintain my opinion that there's emphasis on her race as a factor, when in reality she's just another in a long line that have sold out America.
edit on 26-2-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
Honestly people say we are so much more advanced because of our technology. This is disgusting and is a blatent example of how we are not any further a long then we were 100 years ago.

Most people won`t admit it but deep down we are all still basically just cavemen,but now we just have more technologically advanced ways of acting like cavemen.
All the talk about acceptance and diversity is just propaganda to make it easier for us to club the cavewomen over the head and drag them back to our caves by the hair.
edit on 26-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I got accused of being racist on a jobsite once. It was insanely hot out, and I was doing manaul labor on a construction job. I said, "Man, it's like ... Africa-hot out there!"

Africa is hot, it was out outside...thus I felt like I was in Africa. I have no idea how that was racist. It wasn't preceeded or followed up by anything racist either.

Some people just want to jump the gun and run to racism. Usually those people are closet racists themselves.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Some people just want to jump the gun and run to racism. Usually those people are closet racists themselves.

Or some people just actually care and can't stand hypocrisy most especially when coming from the same general area you stand in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join