It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain chips

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I've read about people getting brain chips inside their brain so they could control computers, send e-mail, log on to the internet, write documents etc. but if you could control computers couldn't someone control you? Like they could hack into your chip and send you subliminal messages,control your brainand stuff or maybe its all part of the NWO. Anyway how many of you guys would get the chip implanted if it bacame a law which if its part of the NWO it will. Would you give up and get it or would you like fight back and go the run. I'd go on the run since my mind is my last sanctuary.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Reference please.

As far as I know this technology is still a ways off. What are your sources?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Sure here you go Nothingmakesense

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This is a link to a leaked IBM document which details some experiments on human behavioural control conducted in the mid nineties.

From linked document
The results of implants on eight prisoners yielded the following results:

• Implants served as surveillance devices to monitor threat group activity.

• Implants disabled two subjects during an assault on correctional staff.

• Universal side effects in all eight subjects revealed that when the implant was set to 116 Mhz, all subjects became lethagic and slept on an average of 18-22 hours per day.

• All subjects refused recreation periods for 14 days during the 166 Mhz test evaluation.

• Seven out of eight subjects did not exercise, in the cell or out of the cell, and five out of eight of the subjects refused showers up to three days at a time.

• Each subject was monitored for aggressive activity during the test period and the findings are conclusive that seven out of eight subjects exhibited no aggression, even when provoked.

• Each subject experienced only minor bleeding from the nose and ears 48 hours after the implant due to initial adjustment.

• Each subject had no knowledge of the implant for the test period and each implant was retrieved under the guise of medical treatment.

Pretty scary stuff.

Click Here For Story

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Good link!
They did a show on the x-files about something like this but it was to do with sleep or something.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I remember years ago when they used brain implants to give a blind man the sensation of sight. I don't think they were organized images but colors and just the sensation of sight. I haven't heard any updates or other applications but I think it is entirely possible to make the mind do things in this way.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
As far as letting them implant one in me, well lets just say I wouldn't be very keen on the idea.

I wouldn't feel comfortable knowing that some "Agency" were tracking my every move, let alone influencing my behaviour.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I don't want people poking at my brain in the first place.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   

• Each subject experienced only minor bleeding from the nose and ears 48 hours after the implant due to initial adjustment.

• Each subject had no knowledge of the implant for the test period and each implant was retrieved under the guise of medical treatment.

• That's just plain wrong they take a crimnal and subject him to an experiment without his knowledge. Yes he made a mistake and probably knowingly at that. But that still doesn't give them the right to perform an experiament of this magnatude on him. They are just as bad if not worse then the con they have locked away. I don't care how mean he is it's just not right morally.

There's a misnomer for justice and someone will have hell to pay in the end. And I get the feeling that it's not gonna be the prisoner.

[edit on 31-10-2004 by Belteshazzar]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:57 PM
    link   
    I don�t know about you, but I would be happy to implant something like, let�s say, microcontroller, that could easily solve complex mathematical equations.

[edit on 31-10-2004 by Agnis]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:20 PM
    link   
    Oklahoma independant Senate candidate Sheila Bilyeu claims to have a chip in her head.

okiedoke.com...

Some news media has portrayed you as crazy, citing your claim that a radio receiver was implanted in your head. Have you, or are you willing to, have a doctor verify this?

Bilyeu: If there is a good conscientious one who would not be in trouble with my enemies and if they would not mess up the equipment so that the tests are invalid.

After someone else commented on the article, she says:

#

Dear Chris D. and Jack N.,
    Jack I am sorry;maybe one day we can get them out.
    I had an xray made and it appear that the device is further from my ear than I thought. I have read some things from time to time on some of the websites. If you go on google or Yahoo with my name you may find it. A psychologist who had worked in a mental institution said that some veterans had reported that they had an implant and that there is some company that does that.I think I read it a few weeks ago on the freerepublic website.

But I'm pretty sure she's crazy.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:17 PM
    link   
    I think this is fine for some use on animals, nut not humans, unless the person/s know exactly what it is and what it can do.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:12 PM
    link   
    The technology is not far off at all.

Ray Kurzweil is a very useful point of reference.

BTW, brain augmentation has nothing to do with surreptitiously implanted radio receivers.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:00 PM
    link   
    tech. is far from this point......i dont think we well be seeing any of this kind of stuff for a while...

sounds like somehting from the last page of a Wired magazine...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:18 PM
    link   

Originally posted by eternalglory
    tech. is far from this point......i dont think we well be seeing any of this kind of stuff for a while...

Prescription.

1. Read the site motto.
    2. Read the leads you have already been given in this short thread.
    3. Note that nothing comes from Wired magazine.
    4. See if you can identify in reality how close technology is to just this, without dismissing it. Read the site motto again.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:19 PM
    link   
    Well already scientist had controled a robotic arm throught a xternal neural net, but not to the point of inplanting a permanent device, especialy poopularizing the tech!

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:33 PM
    link   
    something similar to this already? I went to adopt a cat from the humane society about a year ago and they stated that it would have a chip implanted in it to track its location if it got lost. That would mean that the technology to do this is alot farther then we think.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:56 AM
    link   
    If I had the chance to have a neural connector to a computer network I think I woould only get one if it was something that was put on the
    outside of your body, and was easy to put on and remove.
    Until there is a peaceful unofied government I dont think implant chips are a good idea.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:01 AM
    link   
    cool links!

now check out this US Patent:

164.195.100.11.../netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1='4877027'.WKU.&OS=PN/4877027&RS= PN/4877027

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:53 AM
    link   
    Sure I would have this done! With further progression maybe we could have true "Virtual Reality" Also, just think, the slowest thing about it would be the computer you were connected to! I can see in the future this could become standard
    For people that are scared of being tracked, well, you must be scared for a reason, what are you doing that is illeagal? (sp)

Fraser

top topics

<<   2 >>

join