It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Did you know?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I had NO IDEA where to post this.
Is it propaganda using a child.
Or is this video real, and hatred of Israel is a lie?

I lean neither side. I just see war and death and ask why and love my kids.

Here is the video.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Utube isn't embedding at the moment
But if you wanna do a jigsaw I'm in

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by shauny

Utube isn't embedding at the moment
But if you wanna do a jigsaw I'm in

Maybe being Scottish? No idea..
That flew right over my head...
Hit the wall, knocked the clock off the wall.
Wife hit me

Thanks

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
shauny that made Israel look very good.

Looks like a place I would like to visit.

I can see your point exactly.

Is is really like that in Israel?

I second your question and am waiting for answers.

Hopefully some one who knows the truth will speak up and clear this matter.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Is it REALLY like that ANYWHERE?
This is just another propaganda piece using a child for effect.
The iraelis are masters at it, as are most goverments.....
I found it a bit sickeneing actually....was kind of disgusted by it.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You can find propaganda pieces about pretty much any country showing how beautiful it is there...the only thing they don't show is how the government works.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
What was that all about???

Was that a tourism promotion video?

Quick question, if Israel is able to afford to send hundreds of humanitarian missions to other countries like the video claims why exactly are they receiving billions in aid themselves?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

The US recieves around 250 million in aid from Venezuela.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Pure propaganda. They're trying to make Israel look like the United States.

I have a friend who lived in Israel for a long time. It's not like this at all. Israel is not a democracy, it is a tyrannical, apartheid mess who relies on American foreign aid (aka welfare) in order to survive.

My friend says that the people there are incredibly rude and incredibly racist. You can tell the tourists by their manners...the tourists are polite and wait their turn. The locals are pushy and there is no such thing as "wait your turn", it's a free-for-all. The housing situation is dependent on who you are. European Ashkanazi jews are at the top of the dogpile. Sepharadic jews are down much lower, although they are the true Semites. At the bottom are the non jews. The construction is cheap and crude in comparison to western standards.

Their agriculture is draining the Sea of Gallilee....they have a looming water crisis of epic proportions. You can only turn a desert into a garden for so long before you run out of water.

Did you know that a Christian can get 5 years in prison for giving a bible to a jew there, or even just being kind to them? It is considered trying to convert them, a jailable offense.

My friend tells me that the Israelis believe that their land "shall not be divided", therefore, there is no plan to work with the Palestinians. The Israelis will take and take until they have driven out, whether through physical relocation or genocide, everybody they don't like.

The Balfour Declaration has been a disaster. As an American, I want to stop all aid to Israel, and let their actions get the consesquences they deserve. I know I sound harsh, but I'm tired of our government kow-towing to AIPAC at the expense of our own well-being, financially and otherwise.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Are you BSing me or what?

That cant be right, can it

Are we talking natural disaster relief or they genuinely give money every year as "Aid"?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

I'd love to know where you got that tidbit. Never heard of it before.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hope for Israel died with Rabin on the same day.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Is Hugo still giving free heating oil to old foriegners?
Despite the controversy over Israeli maners, they seem to be able to do stuff the arabs never dreamed possible...
The Jews are making the place bloom, and the water will come from the Mediterranian if nessessary im sure....
Probably be touted as a blow to global warming sea level rise...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Basically, he offered some aid to areas that would be more heavily populated by people of Venezuelan descent. He provides heating oil and lower cost fuels. It isn't like we are getting care packages dropped into Kentucky. The "aid" is more meant for places like Chicago.

$250mil a year....a grain of sand on the beach of our annual GDP.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Chavez gives cheap, and often free, heating oil to over 100k poor households in the US. The US government is not the recipient of this aid. This has been going on for a while. Not surprisingly, it is not advertised much in the USA. Wouldn't want people to get the wrong idea about Chavez.

news.bbc.co.uk...

readersupportednews.org...

The CITGO-Venezuela Heating Oil Program has helped more than 1.7 million Americans in 25 states and the District of Columbia keep warm since it was launched back in 2005. The program is a partnership between the Venezuelan state oil company Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A. (PDVSA), its subsidiary CITGO and Citizens Energy Corporation, a nonprofit organization founded by former US Rep. Joseph P. Kennedy II that provides discounted and free home heating services and supplies to needy households in the United States and abroad. It has been supported from the beginning by Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez.

edit on 26-2-2013 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Chavez gives cheap, and often free, heating oil to over 100k poor households in the US. The US government is not the recipient of this aid. This has been going on for a while. Not surprisingly, it is not advertised much in the USA.

news.bbc.co.uk...

readersupportednews.org...

The CITGO-Venezuela Heating Oil Program has helped more than 1.7 million Americans in 25 states and the District of Columbia keep warm since it was launched back in 2005. The program is a partnership between the Venezuelan state oil company Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A. (PDVSA), its subsidiary CITGO and Citizens Energy Corporation, a nonprofit organization founded by former US Rep. Joseph P. Kennedy II that provides discounted and free home heating services and supplies to needy households in the United States and abroad. It has been supported from the beginning by Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez.

Excellent! Good for Hugo (and the recipients). Thanks so much for digging that one out. I had no clue.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yes it is, but, I think it is more to embarrass the US government. They won't take care of their own people but Venezuela does.
Also, it is good publicity for them.

If the US stopped giving the richest people in the poorest countries foreign aid (real dollars, not tangible goods) they could take care of the poorest people in their richest country.

Edit: Sorry btw, I should have added a link to my claim. Thanks for finding it and posting!

edit on 26-2-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Is that video an official Israeli production?

Oh my God I was cringing the whole time. It was like a high school media studies parody of a poorly translated North Korean propaganda video. They could have picked a better voice actor too.

Edit: did they rip off the star trek music towards the end there?

As for the foreign aid thing, here's a post I made in another thread about the same thing.

Foreign aid isn't aid, it's bribe money.

Why do people think governments would voluntarily give away all kinds of money on account of altruism? The word doesn't work like that.

Advance payments on contracts, deal sweetners, buyoffs, these things all need to be paid and they fall under the category of "bribes" which aren't acceptable for some reason. The government still needs to account for these outgoings, so they are categorised as the slightly more acceptable "foreign aid."

Without this foreign aid, we would lose out on all kinds of import and export deals, foreign job contracts, drilling rights and so on. We would lose more by stopping foreign aid than by continuing to give it - it's like an investment.

For a more entertaining explanation, see Series 3 Episode 4 of Yes, Minister - "The Moral Dimension"

edit on 26-2-2013 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I don't doubt for one second that Israel has all that stuff and likely sends aid to children across the world but that is not the issue in the grand scheme of things. I wonder if they could make a similar video about Gaza and the West Bank?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well shauny boy are you satisfied now?

It is possible to make most every country in the world look inviting.

I was very curious of the posts you would receive.

I am sure this would not happen but what a good project it would be to make an inviting video of the USA about why or why it would not be just the perfect place to live.
Or do one about a state you live in.
I call Georgia as my project.

I will do a pro and a con about why you should or should not settle here.

It's all in presentation and location.
Shalom

top topics

<<   2 >>

join