It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the UFO Skeptic some new science may shed light on ET life being real

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
They'd be able to use DNA like a programming language.. they wouldn't need to 'tinker' for hundreds of thousands of years.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RedDragon

I think they are mainly checking on the results. I would say most of the changes were made long ago and they are examing the fruits of there labor. Or another theory I'm presently still researching and trying to validate is that some ultra-dimensional races are actually able to store the data from there own mind over many lifetimes inside the human mind. In effect using us as a hard drive. And later retrieving this data to place in a body/container they manufacture from god knows what..Perhaps this gives us insight as to what they would need human tissue and eggs and sperm and so forth for. Keep in mind this is all anecdotal stuff I have found in research.

Thus continuing to do something like this would be a must for life to continue on in the flesh so to speak. Just a theory.
edit on 2/26/2013 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It's been my experience that most UFO skeptics (i.e., alien visitation skeptics) are believers in life elsewhere.

"Is there ET life in the universe" and "Are those ETs visiting Earth" and two different questions.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
I'm not sure skeptics don't believe alien life in other solar systems isn't possible. Many just don't believe they can travel here or communicate over vast distances.

The testimony, witness, pilot sightings, trace elements, older photographic evidence, and clues that the universe give us - just isn't enough for them.
Cirque

THIS exactly. I fully believe that life is at least possible. Perhaps there are thousands of life forms throughout the universe? I'm cool with that.

My question has always been, what kind of life is it? Dinosaur type life? Humanoid type life? Bugs? Marvin?

While I certainly do not begrudge anyone of their personal experiences, I have no reason to think we are being visited by anything or anyone, yet I am certain that life is out there somewhere.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
I'm not sure skeptics don't believe alien life in other solar systems isn't possible. Many just don't believe they can travel here or communicate over vast distances.

The testimony, witness, pilot sightings, trace elements, older photographic evidence, and clues that the universe give us - just isn't enough for them.

They are not going to believe until they see it fully and clearly with their own eyes.

I'm not a skeptic, I've my own experiences that have brought me to my own conclusions. But I can identify and understand a skeptics need to have their OWN experience, before they can believe.

Peace,
Cirque

Or maybe some of the skeptics (a theory) simply know the truth but discredit it being part of the cover-up, with an idea and a reason for doing it. It could be a possibility.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by firegoggles

I agree with most of your post until we got to this ...

These beings are in fact responsible for the "tinkering" in our DNA

In your opinion maybe but it not a fact that extra-dimensional life exists yet alone came here to play with our stringy bits.

And then this ...

and the "tinkering" with our knowledge bases that happen long ago after the stone age when we saw an absolutely unexplained leap in all sorts of technologies including metal works and many beginnings of sciences.

I'm into prehistory and I don't know of any unexplained leap , we have evolved technology in stages that flow into one and other....then as now , The great leap in technology happened last century .

You then go off into sci fi which is fine but unnecessary , the first part was interesting .

S+F for effort

edit on 26-2-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

What he describing here, from what I understand of history, is what is called stair-step evolution, sudden evolution and emergence of new technology and science like with sumer, egypt and on and on.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

We see this principle in many of the newly discovered "extreme-ophiles". Life in the most extreme conditions on the planet. In places science has believed were impossible for life to begin we now have discovered again that oops!

Life does not begin in these extreme places it slowly adapts to more and more extreme surroundings over time as it moves into them. All life we have ever observed on this planet can be traced back to a common ancestor. All the extreme-ophiles are just branches of the well known family tree. The only thing that has changed is our understanding of how adaptable the original dna strand that started off all life on this planet really is.

Once certain chemicals come together to create life the universe obeys certain laws and sure enough life arises. This process will do this with anything it can get it's hands on.

This is not a fact. We only have 1 single example of life spontaneously happening and all life on this planet we have ever discovered came from that single time. Until we find example of it happening spontaneously again we can not say how easy it is to happen in the first place.

edit on 26-2-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

If macroscopically talking you consider life on this planet as one entity, fine, but life on this planet has many species which evolved over time..

Thruthseek3r

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
Or maybe some of the skeptics (a theory) simply know the truth but discredit it being part of the cover-up, with an idea and a reason for doing it. It could be a possibility.

I'll say this: I'm a skeptic concerning alien visitation, but I'm not discrediting anything.

I don't discount the possibility that aliens may visit the Earth, but I don't think the evidence at hand is good enough to say that they definitely are visiting. On the other hand, I feel that other intelligent life in the universe -- or even the galaxy -- almost surely exists.

Most of the "visitation skeptics" I've run across have a very similar opinion on this as I do.

edit on 2/27/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Yes obviously many species have evolved from the one instance of abiogenesis that has ever been observed , so what your point?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I agree with PhoenixOD.

It seems that all life on Earth today is the result of ONE instance of abiogenesis. Perhaps there was more than one "moment of life creation" on Earth, but the life we have today seems to have come from only one. If there WERE several instances of abiogenesis, maybe the type life we have today won out over all of the others.

However, I'm not discounting the possibility of ET life spontaneously getting a start in other parts of the universe -- in fact I think it's likely that it has happened many times.

Maybe someday we will find life on Earth that is totally unlike other life on earth. There was that story a few years ago of some bacteria found at Mono Lake in California that seemed to be a completely different kind of life -- one that uses arsenic as a framework for its DNA rather than using Phosphorus (all known life uses Phosphorus). However, the conclusions of that study have since come under fire, and it seems the Mono lake bacteria is not that "foreign" at all.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Yes obviously many species have evolved from the one instance of abiogenesis that has ever been observed , so what your point?

Abiogenesis does not mean only one type of molecule evolve at the expanse of the others, correct me if I am wrong.
My point was simply to point out that all the life on earth as an entity has many different species, simply.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by firegoggles
But aside from my own testimony as a completely sane citizen.

Hmm...You should get a second opinion!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalin

That's what you had to offer? I have been cleared as sane and safe last time I checked. I have been allowed access to some of the most important people in the United States as a high profile sound engineer. I would say if I was a "crazy" or even near a risk of any type of "crazy outburst" I would never have been aloud such a serious job. You can say I'm crazy if that comforts you in your world I suppose but the fact is I'm actually very sane maybe a bit eccentric as an artist and all that, and maybe I wear my emotions on my sleeve at times but, I am not a crazy person at all sorry to disappoint.

There was a time when I thought as you do. I totally thought people having experiences were out of there mind or had some serious spiritual problems or something. Until of course later when I myself experienced things that fit the descriptions I had scoffed at many times. I even recalled some child like events at this time I considered a childs imagination not realizing the reality of other worldly beings disguising themselves through technology etc.

I hope you learn the truth I really do. But I don't really care if I convince you if your just going to be stubborn about it like so many and close your mind to the possibility there is truth to the ET stuff entirely. I have been interested in the topic since I can remember at a very young 11 or 12 years old I was interested in UFO talk. I started looking into this stuff around 14 years old and did so on and off most of my life. I started serious research around 1999-2000 and I mean reading everything I could get my hands on and scouring the internet for anyone that had experienced similar things as myself. That's about 30+years of learning about the ET stuff at a normal rate and then really getting into research heavy for 13 or 14 years. I think that deserves at least a brow raise keeping in mind I was interested in UFO when it all started but I entirely REJECTED the abduction stuff as many did in the early days. I was wrong.

By studying up on ancient civilization and myths and studying in depth the bible and everything on UFO and ET I could find I have a pretty good model for what is taking place in this world and possibly what's to come in the next. aight then..

-FG
edit on 3/7/2013 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by firegoggles
Science has told us that there is a process that starts life from just about nothing and builds it into intelligent life.

No it hasn't. Science says there is apparently some kind of process that can take dead chemicals and given enough time and energy it might form itself into some kind of living thing that can eat and reproduce and have a point of view, but it has admitted that it has NO CLUE as to how that could happen.

Actually, I think it has to do with the entire fabric of the universe being filled with lots of spaces and holes where there is just nothing, no space or time. Occasionally these holes pop up out of nowhere, just like "virtual" particles, and suck in (or surround) whatever they happen to be near. Then they instantaneously pop them out randomly in the universe. If they're living things, sometimes they're lucky enough to land on a planet that can allow them to live. Most of the time not. Some kind of consciousness might be guiding or regulating this process, but it wouldn't be necessary. Just a whole lot of time and randomness, and life extends from the beginning of time to the end, and I guess it would make sense, because the universe itself doesn't really exist without something or somebody looking at it.

So I guess there is no "ET" since even our own existence on this planet can vanish to anywhere forward and backward in time at any moment. We're all ETs or potential ETs.
edit on 7-3-2013 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join