It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tv licensing inspectors - have any of you had any dealings with them?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Ah! Gotcha. Well...refer to above post...

-
Well not above. Page one, the post before last....i guess.....Jeeez...here!

edit on 26-2-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

definitely wasn't aimed at you my friend, i always panic when posting replies as i worry way too much that someone may misunderstand my passion for anger, not to mention how easily confused i get......... here i go again worrying, haha

When i had sky satelite i didn't mind paying for the tv service because i had chosen to do so, but with the BBC i was never given a choice, and i never questioned why i had to pay, i just went ahead and obediently paid them. you see with bbc tv you don't get adverts, so people think its worth paying for just so they don't have to watch adverts, only problem is that normal adverts are replaced with drawn out trailers for upcoming bbc programmes instead, and if you want to have sky/cable etc tv you still have to pay bbc licence on top of that, if you get chance have a look at the site out below and you see where some of the money is really being spent, the tv licence is a tax on us to fund public broadcasting, and if the material they broadcast was truthful and transparent i would happily pay it but the bbc do not in any way look have our needs at heart. instead good honest people are paying the bbc to brainwash them and actually make them think its entertainment or real news,

www.tvlicenceresistance.info...

thank you

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

Do u know whats even more fecked up minnie
Itv, they talk about the soaps on the morning programme with phillip schofield
And they talk about east enders which as u know is a BBC programme
But the BBC never talk about itv or any other channels, its efin bull

As a post says "im not paying the BBC to fund the likes of peodo Jimmy Saville"
Remember that when you go to the post office to pay your fees

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
The BBC in fairness at least used, USED to have some factual programmes on and not just complete guff. The old open uni stuff was awesome. I've just noticed a horrific trend of late that even these so called factual programmes be it historical in nature or otherwise are either tending towards complete fantastical bullcrap, or actually daring to go as far as explaining the blindingly obvious stuff as though they think we are all complete tards.

Whats worse, is that they go so far in simplifying what they are explaining, whilst concentrating on some manly camera shot of the pretty boy son of another presenter that they end up telling some weird mangled half truth of what actually went on.

The latest efforts in regards to the Industrial Revolution and birth of railways in particular had Mr Suspiria actually shouting at the TV in rage. It wasn't nice.

It's not exactly like we bother watching anything else, the little'un can't abide Cbeebies anymore and I'll be damned if I'll stoop to the likes of Strictly, my life isn't that horrifically mundane for the time being. It seem's like Auntie Beeb seems so sure that it's done a number on us with it's usual bilge that its prematurely celebrated the demise of our braincells and now thinks it can pass off History 101 for the braindead as something that was originally the only thing worth paying a TV license for.

They are obviously too busy pissing it up the wall on sequins and sex parties now.

edit on 27-2-2013 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Ha! Ha!. Thanks for clearing that up
And thanks for the link. I'll definitely check it out.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Easy way to beat them is to connect your TV up to laptop/computer and cut your aerial wire where it comes into the house. let the man from BBC into your house and tell him that you only watch telly on the internet. he will log that on his paper work and leave. me and some mates have done this and he has not been back, when the wife wants to watch Eastenders just connect a indoor aerial or watch it on iplayer 1 hour later. i am lucky i live in a flat and have 2 front doors so i have plenty of warning when he comes and i have backup MY Staffie HA HA
Good Luck Don't Pay the BBC

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
In Finland we had the same system. The inspector had to get inside and see the TV apparatus. That inspection could be denied, though that was not public knowledge. Get informed.

They changed the system, now we all pay it in tax. This is problematic; like in geriatric houses where the elderly all watch one television set, yet everyone individually pays, 88-140 €/year, due to "earnings". If one generates less than 7352 €, no TV-pay.
edit on 27-2-2013 by YetSharkproof because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by delboy2424

thats a good point, afterall the only tv equipment in the house is a television connected to our xbox and our internet modem and nothing else at all, and if the cable outside is cut too then how could they possible argue,

but at the same time i don't feel i should have to justify myself to anyone when i know i'm not doing anything wrong, i detest having to prove myself as i'm the sort of person who always owns up immediately if i make a mistake. and if the tv licence inspectors are sent to my house then that implies that they don't believe me and want proof, to me this is an insult,

i'm going to try and stick to my guns and refuse communication with them, but there is a chance i may end up using your suggestion as i struggle to be assertive as its not a natural emotion for me, and even though its my right to refuse communication with them it makes me feel like i'm being rude even though i know full well that their intention aren't in my interest,

thank you everyone for your help and support, now its just a case of wait and see what happens next

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join