It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Crater, Possible Anomaly.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I've been subscribed to JLWs website for quite some time now and I've just suddenly realized something that I never thought about before, I don't know why

Can someone explain to me why there is something in the middle of this crater on the moon? Strikes me as rather odd because it is exactly in the middle, as if it were placed there.

Is it possible for rocks to start sprouting from the middle of a meteor crater?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I've seen this before, but have no idea what it is. It does, however, look a little like a pyramid.

I really hope someone comes in with answers

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Yes it is possible.

Complex Craters (the larger one) are bigger, have less prominently raised rims (due to erosion of the rims), and show a raised zone in the center, associated with rebound in the rocks below.

www.cas.usf.edu...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Could be the remains of what caused the crater.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf
I've seen this before, but have no idea what it is. It does, however, look a little like a pyramid.

I really hope someone comes in with answers

I strongly believe there is a secret space program and have seen evidence to support this in the form of shuttles flying in orbit that shouldn't be, however I've never had anything to prove the existence of structures on the moon. I will reserve judgement until I get more input

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Yes it is possible.

Complex Craters (the larger one) are bigger, have less prominently raised rims (due to erosion of the rims), and show a raised zone in the center, associated with rebound in the rocks below.

www.cas.usf.edu...

I thought it might be, but the one in the video just seems very centralized imo.
edit on 26-2-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The moon is awesome. I think there is life on those planets just like mars. Just look at the big holes mars has on it's surface. Something must be living inside there.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
I've been subscribed to JLWs website for quite some time now and I've just suddenly realized something that I never thought about before, I don't know why

Can someone explain to me why there is something in the middle of this crater on the moon? Strikes me as rather odd because it is exactly in the middle, as if it were placed there.

Is it possible for rocks to start sprouting from the middle of a meteor crater?

Um... it's the crater's central peak? I thought this kind of thing was known to anyone interested in the Moon or space in general. physics.stackexchange.com...

The central peak in Tycho crater is perhaps the most well-known. www.nasa.gov...

The central peak is caused by the rebounding of the surface at the centre of the impact. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There is a good pictorial explanation without going into how the impact (like some earthquakes) cause the ground to move as a fluid and a solid and all the science-y talk.
www.geologyrocks.co.uk...
edit on 2/26/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Although the anomaly seems to be centered to the crater, and there seems to be minimal shadow play; it can be one of many possibilities. The video is credible. "It is a good find", yet I am left to use too much imagination. Although imagination is one of our highest creators; when I find myself using too much, it is a red flag for me. Who knows, it cold be coincidence to it's age etc...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have a question, if the moon is beat to hell from impacts, why have there been no further recorded impact events in our history on this planet? What debris field caused all this damage, and where did it go?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by drivebricker

why have there been no further recorded impact events in our history on this planet?

There have been but like the ones on the Moon, not a really large one in a very long while.
en.wikipedia.org...

What debris field caused all this damage, and where did it go?

What is this obsession with "debris fields"?
While the Solar System was a very chaotic place billions of years ago there are still random bits left from its formation. Russia got hit by a small one.

edit on 2/26/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
As others have pointed out, mountains can form in the middle of larger craters. They are called "central uplift craters" and are created at the time of crater formation by the material in the crater "bouncing back" a bit after getting pushed down by the force of the impact event.

The central peak uplift can be demonstarted by a water drop. In this video, watch how the center of it is uplifted after the drop impacts the surface. Similar processes can occur during an asteroid impact. There are many angular uplift peaks on the moon that were probably created in this manner:

(please pardon the advertisement at the beginning):

edit on 2/26/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by drivebricker
I have a question, if the moon is beat to hell from impacts, why have there been no further recorded impact events in our history on this planet? What debris field caused all this damage, and where did it go?

Most large impacts happen in the early days of the Solar system. The Earth's erosion and plate tectonic have caused most of the signs of those big impacts to be erased, although the ones on the moon have been preserved for billions of years due to virtually no erosion nor geologic activity since that time.

There are a few craters visible on earth, such as meteor crater in Arizona, but they are all fairly recent -- only a few million to a several thousand years old. Even the Earth craters that are 50 million years old and barely still visible could be considered to be "fairly recent".

edit on 2/26/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
10 September 2001 ? reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I strongly believe there is a secret space program

Do you remember the dozens of billions (2.3 trillions) missing in the DOD budget on 10 September 2001 ?

edit on 26-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Do you remember the dozens of billions (2.3 trillions) missing in the DOD budget on 10 September 2001 ?

You mean when the "war on terror" began (covert and overt)??

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by Arken

You mean when the "war on terror" began (covert and overt)??

Depend on which real "war on terror" do you mean....

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Depend on which real "war on terror" do you mean...

What are the lunar terrorists up to these days?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
10 September 2001 ? reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I strongly believe there is a secret space program

edit on 26-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

Ofc mate and yes, that is another reason why I believe there is a secret space program

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
study upheaval dome then you can move on to something new to learn

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
A location and scale would certainly help here.

The material is a different color than the crater and it cast a shadow that is nearly half that of the crater wall.

My first thought was a relic spacecraft or booster. I was browsing Apollo craft and found this picture of the booster from Apollo 13 that was intentionally crashed into the moon. From wiki

During Apollo 13, Apollo 14, Apollo 15, Apollo 16 and Apollo 17, the S-IVB stages were crashed into the Moon to perform seismic measurements used for characterizing the lunar interior.

List of man-made objects left on the moon.
edit on 2/26/13 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join