It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Litvinenko Killing: 'UK Tries To Block Truth'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Litvinenko Killing: 'UK Tries To Block Truth'

news.sky.com

Lawyers for the family of murdered former spy Alexander Litvinenko have accused the British Government of trying to block the truth over the killing in order to protect trade with Russia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I know many on ATS will know all about the spectacular case of the assassination of the former Russian Spy Alexander Litveninko. The story snippet above really is all the explanation need for this thread, essentially the UK government are appealing to the courts to have information heard in secret allegedly to protect UK, Russian trade.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Typical say nothing government attitude. Obviously its ok to bring radioactive materials to our country and get away with it. Wonder if Al Qaeda know this!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Nothing surprises me anymore about the government and there sick twisted power hungry agendas, will something ever be done?

Or will something huge force the people of the country to act...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I hope Litvinenko's family fight tis hard. Polonium poisoning is a real biatch to go through, and from the pictures i saw of him, he really suffered

What info did Litvinenko have that couldve lead to his death?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I am wondering if there is more to this than just protecting Trade with Russia, we know that Litvinenko was working with SIS so perhaps it is also to protect the information he provided.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
I hope Litvinenko's family fight tis hard. Polonium poisoning is a real biatch to go through, and from the pictures i saw of him, he really suffered

What info did Litvinenko have that couldve lead to his death?

I suspect its not so much what he had as what he represented. If you need to stop somebody talking a slow radiological poison is not the way.

However, it was an effective way to make an example. Russians basically demonstrated that wherever you go and whomever you shelter with they will find you and kill you, painfully, if you cross them.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Three points.

1. The UK Government has been consistent in their hounding of Russia on this topic.
2. If there is national security interests at stake then it is right for a Public Interest Immunity certificate to be sought to prevent disclosure. The legal process will judge whether this is legitimate and as the UK government is often confounded by the judiciary, so it is not a certainty.
3. From a conspiracy basis what has Ben Emmerson QC and Marina Litvinenko got to gain? Well, she’s has got to stay in the UK for a starter and her legal team can only benefit by making this seem like the UK Government is somehow trying to reduce the importance of this unsolved murder. I am not so sure they are, but at the end of the day why compromise trade agreements by purposefully linking trade with the inquest etc...

Regards

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The notion that a government would assassinate someone whom it regarded as an enemy in such a way that made plain who ordered the killing is so ludicrous that only a naive idiot would propose it. The death of Litvinenko was a false-flag black op by western intelligence agencies that was intended to blame Putin and discredit him as a world leader in the eyes of the West. The truth is that Litvinenko was turned by SIS, who guarded Russian oligarch Boris Berezovsky and who supported his interference in Russian politics to remove Putin from power so as to clear the way for Berezovsky's return to Russia to resume asset stripping his country. Many of the Russian mafia who do business with oligarchs are involved in smuggling radioactive isotopes out of Russia to sell around the world. Indeed, it became known that Litvinenko was up to his neck in this. It was easy to get hold of polonium on the black market - it did not need the resources of a state's nuclear processing plant, as the myth was spread in order to create a false trail leading to Moscow. Litvinenko was poisoned in order to frame Putin and create a new cold war with Russia that would strengthen the Washington/London campaign to overthrow Putin and put a new Yeltsin in his place that would allow western companies access to cheap Russian oil and gas. This accusation by his family is yet another trick to maintain the myth that Russia ordered Litvinenko's death. It is ridiculous because Britain never pulled its punches in accusing Russian agents with killing him. Had it wanted to protect its trade with Russia, it would never have been so aggresive in its accusations from the very beginning.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Publicly, he was murdered because he knew Putin had ordered the assassination of Anna Politkovskaya, a Russian reporter who was writing a book about Putin's policies in regards to the Chechen war.

Russian KGB boasts of killing Litvinenko

However, this rabbit hole goes so much deeper than that....

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
It's stories like these that remind me of the evil this system we adopted.

Money and politics...who cares about lives of foot soldiers.

If I were a judge...(in some fantasy land)...my response to the lawyers would be...

"No...you can not have this in secret. A man has been poisoned to death, and all facts surrounding the case will be made public as far as this court is concerned. "

"Nobody honest and innocent has anything to fear/hide from public"

"If you have something to hide, you will have to deal with the consequences, as we all have to"

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
The notion that a government would assassinate someone whom it regarded as an enemy in such a way that made plain who ordered the killing is so ludicrous that only a naive idiot would propose it. The death of Litvinenko was a false-flag black op by western intelligence agencies that was intended to blame Putin and discredit him as a world leader in the eyes of the West. The truth is that Litvinenko was turned by SIS, who guarded Russian oligarch Boris Berezovsky and who supported his interference in Russian politics to remove Putin from power so as to clear the way for Berezovsky's return to Russia to resume asset stripping his country. Many of the Russian mafia who do business with oligarchs are involved in smuggling radioactive isotopes out of Russia to sell around the world. Indeed, it became known that Litvinenko was up to his neck in this. It was easy to get hold of polonium on the black market - it did not need the resources of a state's nuclear processing plant, as the myth was spread in order to create a false trail leading to Moscow. Litvinenko was poisoned in order to frame Putin and create a new cold war with Russia that would strengthen the Washington/London campaign to overthrow Putin and put a new Yeltsin in his place that would allow western companies access to cheap Russian oil and gas. This accusation by his family is yet another trick to maintain the myth that Russia ordered Litvinenko's death. It is ridiculous because Britain never pulled its punches in accusing Russian agents with killing him. Had it wanted to protect its trade with Russia, it would never have been so aggresive in its accusations from the very beginning.

Yawn, more western Anti-propaganda.. I didn't even bother to read this whole post I stopped at first few sentences and had a laugh. First off, tell me 10 reasons why Russia wouldn't want to 'Kill' Litvinenko? he betrayed his country and sold secrets to the Brittish..Russia didn't like him..that's why he fled to the Brits.

Think about it for a sec... You work high up in Intelligence, you than do things your boses don't like..Than you flee to an enemy country..than sell them secrets, do you really think any Intelligence agency from where you fled, wouldn't try and assassinate you..

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
We don't want to go upsetting the Russians when we rely on their gas to heat our homes. Unless we make some new power supplying allies soon, the Russians could dictate our national energy policy for some time to come.

Not saying I agree with covering it up, but you have to look at the bigger picture sometimes.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I know you are right...

but looking at the big picture always means...fu** little people. To hell with justice and fairness.

On one hand we create laws and rules...on the other, when the higher entity needs it...it simply circumvents the laws.

Makes me only affirm an age old saying....rules are for cattle. They don't apply to everyone, even though they like to say how all men are created equal.

Created equal my ass...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Actually, you are not completely correct.....

There are several components of the sudden shift in the world’s energy supply, but the prime mover is a resurgence of oil and gas production in the United States, particularly the unlocking of new reserves of oil and gas found in shale rock. The widespread adoption of techniques like hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling has made those reserves much more accessible, and in the case of natural gas, resulted in a vast glut that has sent prices plunging.

The report predicted that the United States would overtake Russia as the leading producer of natural gas in 2015.

Source - US to be top oil producer in 5 years

I also posted evidence of this "boom" on this thread - See the American Economy changing from space

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

What's the point! We all know he was killed by the FLM(?). This is the group run by Putian and his organized Crime "government". All the governments have to turn their backs to this in order to keep up appearances on the world stage.

top topics

join