It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for examples of alien writing.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I was looking around for examples of alien writing however my search isn't going well, my theory is that if there was ancient alien contact they would have left us something in writing as that's the best way to transmit information over time (and it only becomes better as technology advances, which means it's likely they still write). If we had writing from aliens, there would most likely be a human language that mimic's some of the characters (albeit with different meanings). The only example I could find though was the story of Utsuro-Bune which isn't ancient enough.

It would also make sense to me that if during abductions people occasionally see and remember some writing, without knowing what it means of course.

I guess that what I'm hoping is with some context to various writing and enough examples it would become possible to translate some of their words.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

I'm under the impression that they wrote with hieroglyphs. It really seems like the most efficient form of writing. A picture paints a thousand words. In a few thousand years historians will look back on our alphabet as slave text.

...that said, have you checked out Sumarian cuneiform? If not, start there.
edit on 26-2-2013 by binkbonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
writing or drawing pictures is a very old way of passing information. Its what we did before computers. Would aliens need to put pen to paper or scratch symbols on anything if they have the technology to cross the stars.

edit on 26-2-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Perhaps they just used telepathy. That would make the most sense.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

here is link to the Rendelsham forest ufo incident thread which has a drawing of symbols from what an eyewitness believes he saw on the alien craft :-) 2nd post down.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

let me ask you something...

do you think that in todays times..that people create their own alphabet from scratch? is this common?

because my mother has several journals that she writes in her own made up alphabet..literally she has an entire alphabet and it is the weirdest thing i have ever seen. she has developed a "decoder" for me for when she dies i will be able to "decode" her writings..

her excuse is that she and a friend developed the letters during their high school days in order to write notes to each other during class...

is that normal though? would an average teen develop an entirely different alphabet from scratch just to pass a couple of gossip notes to 1 friend?

i have always wondered about the mysterious writings...and shes very secretive about me looking at it..it is like no letters that i have ever seen before...

the best way i can describe it is a mix between kryptonian and the English letters

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

You poor thing.
You might try the CARET drone hoax. Those had 'alien' writing all over them.
Alienware computers also let you customize your new purchase with 'alien' writing.

Other than that, if you're actually serious, I'd suggest going to the the oldest known writing on the planet and working your way forward from there:

THE ASSYRIAN DICTIONARY OF THE ORIENTAL INSTITUTE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO (CAD)

edit on 26-2-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by EnoEht

because my mother has several journals that she writes in her own made up alphabet..literally she has an entire alphabet and it is the weirdest thing i have ever seen. she has developed a "decoder" for me for when she dies i will be able to "decode" her writings..

her excuse is that she and a friend developed the letters during their high school days in order to write notes to each other during class...

is that normal though? would an average teen develop an entirely different alphabet from scratch just to pass a couple of gossip notes to 1 friend?

Yes this is very normal for children to do. Ive heard other people say they did the same when they were younger and ive also read about many people in the past doing such things.

edit on 26-2-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
writing or drawing pictures is a very old way of passing information. Its what we did before computers. Would aliens need to put pen to paper or scratch symbols on anything if they have the technology to cross the stars.

After computers we still write, we just do a lot of it digitally, everyone in this thread is doing it. Passing ideas from one generation to the next is most efficient with writing. If you've ever played the game telephone you should understand why verbal communication is bad. The more advanced and technical the speech the worse it gets.

Originally posted by KoolerKingPerhaps they just used telepathy. That would make the most sense.

Telepathy is just another form of verbal communication going by what it is in theory and the descriptions of people that say they have experienced it.

Originally posted by EnoEht
do you think that in todays times..that people create their own alphabet from scratch? is this common?

It's not uncommon but it's not exactly common either. Most of the alphabets people create are just cipher's of their languages alphabet.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

have you tried using a search engine? I just did and found this:

ancient alien writing

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

The day ATS'ers learn to use search engines is the day we see the end of "Hey guys just found this story: NASA ROVER UNCOVERS ROBOT ON MARS" twenty times a day.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad
reply to post by Aazadan

have you tried using a search engine? I just did and found this:

ancient alien writing

Yes actually, and the results google gave me were all unsourced outdated webpages.
www.anomalies-unlimited.com...
www.angelfire.com...

For example.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnoEht
reply to post by Aazadan

let me ask you something...

i have always wondered about the mysterious writings...and shes very secretive about me looking at it..it is like no letters that i have ever seen before...

the best way i can describe it is a mix between kryptonian and the English letters

I did this with friends in my grade 9 math class to pass notes as well. It was not as hard or weird as you might think. We started out with the Alphabet, then we just made up symbols for each letter. We Each had a cheat sheet for a little while until we got used to the symbols, then we destroyed cheat sheets and tada. Made up, indiscernible alphabet of our very own to pass notes in class. Those who have something to hide will always find a way.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

The images in this share are of Mars...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

A book called The Keepers by Jim Sparks has examples of alien writing. Acorrding to Jim, he was an abductee and shared his unreal experience.

I took pics with my cell phone of the page in the book, but can't upload them to my ATS upload area. You need Adobe Flash to upload a pic?

Anyway, I found it on the net.... here is a link to the exact pic I have in the book...
www.alien-ufos.com...

Once on that page, do a CTRL F to bring up the -find- tool.
Type in Jim Sparks.
It will take you to a post that has the image I am talking about. You will see a big square image with 4 other square images inside the big image... That's the one I am referring to...

Hope this helps...

edit on 26-2-2013 by syrinx2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Supposedly a broken off panel piece from roswell craft.

This one is from rendlesham case, original drawings shown on a crafts surface.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Based on my own experience's in the field of Ufology....the otherworlders, prefer to use subtile forms of communication with Earthlings.

Besides a visual sighting of an otherworlder starship...which is a major visual communication in itself --- the otherworlders prefer to communicate in places where artistery and sculpture can be performed --- such as sandy cliffs along isolated seashores; such as Calvert Cliffs, located in Maryland, USA.

The majority of visual communications, performed by the otherworlders, is carving petroglyphs/pictoglyphs in the sandy cliff faces like: flying saucer carving's, sphere's and self portraits of themselves. Occasional english verbal text is carved or handpainted like: "STARS", "Earth" and "Gaods".

I can't prove all of this, but other experiences by me, suggest that the otherworlders are experienced in the construction of hydro mechanical devices, such as earth stone wood objects, [including rope] ---- that are influenced by wave action ---- on the shoreline.

The use of highly sophisticated laser hologram imagery, that can not only camouflage certain physical locations, but can project images of creatures,[even ET himself] --- that suggest the use of biblical themes, such as Jonah and the Whale, in order to make it easier for Earthlings to comprehend the laser hologram imagery.

edit on 26-2-2013 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 26-2-2013 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Solex-Mal
This is one of the oldest languages. The closest approximation of alien syntax would be Tibetan. I find these characters come very close to this description.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think underestimating ancient civilisations and attributing alien knowledge to unexpected feats they have accomplished both undermines the human mind in addition to undermining the abilities of a space faring alien race.

In a couple of thousand years I very much doubt that people will write in the way we do today; our communications will be impossible to fathom without the technology to access them. It happens already in many areas of communication.

I don't think you'd won't find any alien writing unless you have an alien 'writing reader' which could be in the form of a computer format or more likely an incomprehensible (to us) access portal.

Personally I think if any alien writing were to be discovered, it would be for the benefit of those who find them. As a consequence lacking much in the process. Sort of like a bonobo ape thinking the way the scientists communicate with them is how scientists communicate with each other. Or course these apes couldn't understand the works of Shakespeare or anything that is not tailored for their level of intelligence or is simple.

I imagine it would be the same for us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join