It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should a permit be required to have babies?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I swear to god I read these threads and you people seem like you want Nineteen Eighty-Four to come to fruition.
We just need all these new rules and regulations because we don't have enough already, right?
Gotta step on more toes, piss off more people, make more hard feelings all around, yeah, great idea.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynic
1) Parenting class prior to birth with test on completion, if failed, take the baby at birth and send out for adoption, no parental contact.

No amount of classes can prepare you for everything that is thrown towards new parents. Basic skills can be taught such as changing a diaper and general safety, but life is unpredictable and just when you think you have a handle on the whole "parenting" thing, Murphy's Law comes flying in to put you back into your place.

2) Means test, can he/she/they afford the child, if no, take the baby at birth and send out for adoption, no parental contact.

In a way, I understand this but overall you are saying that "poor" people have no right to a child. So much for that whole "equal under the law" and "all Men are created equal" business.

3) I.Q. test, iif lower than normal society, take the baby at birth and send out for adoption, no parental contact.

I.Q. test have been proven to be nothing of the sort to indicate intelligence or capability.

If this sounds too harsh, tough. I am tired of my rights as a taxpayer being trod upon at the whim of idiots.

Flame away,.......

So your answer to society is to be a tyrannical overseer of a natural human ability, one that I might add is clearly covered by "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness".

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

You are my new hero.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'm not one for "rules and regulations" but in this case...parents should AT LEAST have a high school diploma, and a steady job; or maybe even be required to take some kind of parenting classes, before having children. Having children is a big responsibility and shouldn't be taken lightly. Children aren't something that just happens, after sex. They are our tomorrow, our FUTURE; and need to be trained properly, not just left to themselves. That's how criminals are manufactured.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by profundus

Going by that logic, everyone born before....... lets say 1980 is or should be a criminal.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer
I swear to god I read these threads and you people seem like you want Nineteen Eighty-Four to come to fruition.
We just need all these new rules and regulations because we don't have enough already, right?
Gotta step on more toes, piss off more people, make more hard feelings all around, yeah, great idea.

How do you think that they could get it to come to fruition? Indoctrination, brainwashing, Godlessness and a reduction in critical thinking skills produces a generation that are eager for that novel to be put in place. They cannot see it nor hear it. They cannot see that they are the bricks bring burned in the last tower like Babel.

If you grow up with the love of money and greed as your idol, you tend to despise those who don't have it - the poor.
If you grow up with the love of intellectualism and snobbism, you tend to look down your noses at those less "educated".
If you grow up with so much tolerance pushed into your brain, you tend to become utterly intolerant to those who live and walk by their morality.
If you grow up with looks and beauty as your idol, the plain, overweight and disfigured become repulsive to you.

And we wonder why God Almighty told us the characteristics of this last generation.

Love grows extremely cold when you value and put your faith in the wrong things. This thread does nothing but confirm it.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Thanks man!
But I'm glad to be living in the True North Strong and Free, instead the home of the free.

That is free to go to war whenever and have their sons and daughters killed overseas. But that's ok, there's lots of breding available in order to mmake low grade repacements, like those in the video on page 1.

It must suck to be you.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
NO. I don't agree with this thread. OP I think you had or have good intentions or I hope you do. But somewhere along the lines they got mixed up a bit. I see a lot of strong points in your comments but a lot of it is just nuts, to me at least. Yes I agree I think anyone who is going to become a parent should have to take a basic parenting class, to learn the basics, to see what new born babies are all about. Especially when they are arriving unintentionally or not planned in advance. In my opinion that would do nothing but good for all involved. But the bulk of what a parent learns can only be taught through real life situations, aka by having a child. You can read all the books in the world and study your butt off but nothing can prepare you like the real deal. I have 5 kids and I would be lying if I said I was not still learning new things even now that some of my kids are in their teens. It's a slippery slope no doubt but yeah parenting classes would be a great investment in society.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

No, you should NOT need a permit just to have a baby. That is completely unnatural. What's next, needing a permit to use the bathroom?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I.Q. test have been proven to be nothing of the sort to indicate intelligence or capability.

Very well spoken, I know many people with a high I.Q. But they lack common sense and I wouldn't trust them to take care of my reef tank let alone my child.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Hah! A funny thought just ran through my head....Southpark satirized something similar. Don't you know the dangers of not putting the toilet seat up?!!?!?!?! Think of the children and the good of society!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

" I don't agree that everyone should have the right to have babies "

That has to be the Most Narcissistic thing I have Ever Read on ATS . Oh , and by the Way , Who the (BLEEP) are You to say something like that ?.........

edit on 26-2-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

they are creating a person that will be part of society.

Not by choice might I add. I never asked to be born, I never asked to be part of "society". As far as I'm concerned every person is born free, yet people insist on living in slavery. Where a judge decides your fate. Sorry nobody decides my fate but me so you can take your society and shove up where the sun doesn't shine. Permit to conceive a child psssht yeah like were going to surrender our natural given right get real.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think people should have to pass a financial means test if you don`t meet the minimum financial bracket for having kids you could still have them but you would have to sign a financial waiver legally preventing you from ever collecting any goverment assistance.
If you are already are on government assistance then you shouldn`t be allowed to have kids because obviously you can`t even take care of yourself.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I busted out laughing in the middle of the theater during that particular part of the Matrix. I can make a pretty solid argument for our being an invasive species for those very reasons and a few more. Environmental ethics was good and thought provoking. It's still a fairly new field of ethics but my class was presented in a pretty darn fair way. This would be a sample of one of the subjects that I learned: en.wikipedia.org...

Plus it doesn't hurt to have it on this thread, too, all things considered. Garret Hardin was big on countering overpopulation and believed that it should be curbed. He was the author of Tragedy of the Commons. He caught flack for many of his opinions in regards to almost a brutal look at the interrelationship of man and the planet. In the end though, he and his wife were members of the former Hemlock Society and committed suicide when they felt they had become a drain on the commons. Talk about a man of conviction, eh? Heavy stuff.

edit on 26/2/13 by WhiteAlice because: brain went splat.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The answer is no.
But isn't it funny how there's no right of this in the bill of rights, and no one has tried to pass a bill like this yet?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
The answer is no.
But isn't it funny how there's no right of this in the bill of rights, and no one has tried to pass a bill like this yet?

Sure there is...the 9th Amendment; the Rights of Man are so numerous that they couldn't possible be simply enumerated into 10 clauses. Madison expressly put this into the Bill of Rights but sadly, it is rarely ever referred to.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
But who decides what tests and stuff we have? Who decides who is worthy of having a child?

I imagine that there would be parenting classes and income level requirements.

But different children have different temperaments and, as much as we want to pretend otherwise, they may require different parenting styles. If the child doesn't respond to the approved style, are we going to go for the usual state solution, which is to label them a problem child or jam medicine down their throat?

What about regulating income levels? In some areas, 40k a year is middle class. In others, it's quite poor. How would you regulate that when the federalies seem to want one line and one stat across the board to streamline stuff?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

-I think teens should lose their chance of having a drivers license until the age of 18 if they don't make it a habit of having protected sex. This would include the boy. Maybe if they knew not having a license until the age of 18, would put enough pressure on them to have protected sex.

-I also think families who are on welfare should have their monthly checks and food stamps reduced for having another baby while they are being supported by the state.

-I also think any guy that has multiple babies with different women should be locked up in a state prison with a cell mate that can't get enough loving.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
There is a cost to live, someone put a price on a standard of living. I don't know who though.. It's like the cost of flying to the moon, or carrying x amount of weight into space. They print the money fund the scientists and companies and give it a "cost" and play their own game. Why does it cost money to send x amount of weight into space if it's our fuel and our spaceship and our pilots and scientists?

You don't ever hear them say~ this one was totally free because we had a spare sitting on a shelf. Always has a cost. If they scavenged the moonlander out of a dumpster from behind an out of business Radio Shack and it ran on air they would still make is cost something.

I think an age limit could be used in many ways that would keep young people from having children too young. All grandparents get legal custody if your underage. If they can't or aren't around it gets put on other family. Underage parents can apply to gain custody when they have tax history and meet a certain income.

If the government used the money they give to unstable parents instead for mental health monitoring, therapy in public schools you could maybe catch or change the would be wackos.

So basically as it should be...families pool together to raise their own blood, no enabling degrading handouts.
if your over the age limit and can't meet a standard rate of income to support children, other family members can gain custody or help or the state gains custody. No helping pay for you to be an unfit parent. The state can easily operate child services with all the extra money of not having to give handouts. More revenue from adoption or a military branch for raising children and young adults.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join