It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans in Congress have broken their Oath of Office. They should be impeached and tried

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

When did Jay Carney join ATS? Or is Ezra Klein posting here to boost his own WaPo hysteria "malarkey?"
(the OP's "source")

I've never read another less-informed, myopic and fact-starved thread, this side of Nibiru.

The Republicans (or more focused, John Boehner's) complete unwillingness to compromise with the Democrats in Congress and the President on the Sequester will destroy any and all economic recovery that the nation has made during the past 5 years and possibly throw the nation into a second Great Depression.

1. "The Republicans" did not propose or create the sequester, Obama did, thinking he could get his way by offering a "deal" that was too onerous to be effected. He signed the bill, and vowed to enforce the sequestration. I can picture the author of the OP with fingers in ears, saying, "lalalalalalalalala," to avoid hearing Barack Obama proclaim, November 2011:

: “Already, some in Congress are trying to undo these automatic spending cuts. My message to them is simple: No. I will veto any effort to get rid of those automatic spending cuts — domestic and defense spending. There will be no easy off-ramps on this one.”

www.washingtontimes.com...

2.Recovery? "Negative growth" (normal people call that "loss") 4Q and 0.1% "growth" in 1Q 2013 is a recovery? At the expenxe of an additional $2 TRILLION in debt? And that's all we got?

3. Destroy? A 2.3% reductrion of a $3.8 Trillion budget (going from $3,800,000,000,000 to $3,715,000,000,000)
will destroy nothing but the brain cells of the sycophants who smoke what Obama's pushing. Given that 1/2 of the "cuts" take place in the future, the real cut in the increase is 1.3%.

The only thing destroyed here is the credibility of the doomsayers who say the feds can't find a penny to save out of every dollar

They are doing this all because they want to destroy the Democrats in every way possible even though the American people recognize that the Sequester is the fault of the Republicans.

No, they are doing it because Barack Obama has insisted on "balance" and got tax increases at the end of 2012, without offering a single proposal to cut spending in "balance." The sequester was Obama's idea (see Bob Woodward's expose' and others' confirmations), and he's afraid he'll actually be called on a "promise" he never intended to keep..

We can't wait another year and a half and have the economy destroyed by the Republicans. The uncooperative ones, or at least their ringleaders, John Boehner and Eric Cantor, need to be removed from office and tried for Sedition against the United States.

If you consider Barack Obama to be the enemy of the United States, then going along with him would be sedition. In this, I agree.

The House should put up a budget that rolls spending back to 2008 levels. We no longer have a war in Iraq to pay for, the banks have repaid all the bailout money, the costs of Afghanistan are dropping by the day as we draw down, and (according to Barack Obama) the auto industry is flying high without any need for federal assistance. We should have a TON of extra money for social programs and entitlements.

jw
edit on 26-2-2013 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by neo96

Thanks for posting the new link. I just could not imagine clicking the Breitbart link without breaking out in hives. ol:

Typical.

Story on Breitbart, and it is "unbelievable"; same story on CBS, and you're thankful.

Think of all of the things you miss because you are afraid of the source. Don't you possess the ability to sift wheat from chaff?
Aren't you smart enough to see what "the other side" thinks and says, to get a better perspective, and a better rebuttal?

How sad.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm all for the fiscal cliff, cut the budget, raise taxes on the rich.

Cut the military budget, bring the military home. Start hammering employers of illegal immigrants with massive fines, and the same goes for Wall Street crooks.

All the welfare dependents are immigrants anyway.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

will destroy any and all economic recovery that the nation has made during the past 5 years

Seriously? I think I may have been abducted by aliens for the past five years! At the very least, I am experiencing missing time. HELP!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Not to mention that the premise is incredibly flawed.

This idea that the government can "stimulate the economy".

They've stimulated us right into a depression. They have a 100 year track record of failures starting with the "Federal Reserve" in 1913.

Somehow the same government which caused the recession and was too stupid to see it coming, is now going to "get us out of it"...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
There is no economic recovery, not now and not in the next 4 years, unless there is some kind of magical miracle....I can't imagine what it would be... the best thing I can come up with would be for the GOP to win the Senate in the next election.
Someone just told me that gasoline at the pump is over 4 dollars in Florida.

bunch of Marxists in the WH
edit on 27-2-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Not to mention that immediately after the election, everyone, including some Republicans, wanted Boehner voted out as Speaker. A group even started a movement and tried to get the GOP to not vote for him, but failed.

Over and over, after the election, and up to the Fiscal Cliff talks, there was nothing but bad talk about Boehner, but, in reality, he accomplished what could NOT be done even with a Republican House and Senate.

He outsmarted Obama with his own games, in more than one way.

The most incredible way was, he got the Bush tax cuts, now to be known as the Obama tax cuts, made permanent for 98% of people.

While Obama loves to play "look at this hand" while doing something with the other, Boehner outsmarted him by doing the same thing.

He also got the sequester to NOT be a part of 1. The Fiscal Cliff talks, and 2. The Debt Ceiling talks to not be a part of the Fiscal Cliff talks.

In making each one a seperate issue, Boehner made sure that Obama would have to address each issue individually, on it's own merits.

Just as when Boehner agreed to vote with Harry Reid, and Reid became vehement and refused the vote because it was absurd, Boehner called Obama's bluff. Obama did not expect it. Be was trying to manipulate Boehner, and Boehner outsmarted him.

Once Republicans that were paying attention understood what Boehner actually was doing and had accomplished, most forgave and embraced him, and now support him.

Still and yet, all you hear is the media screaming what a loser he is, because they refuse to speak about Obama having been beaten at his own game.

Rather entertaining to watch it all play out.

No armageddon is coming unless you seriously tell someone, "Instead of making 3,000 this paycheck, you are only getting 2,885.00 to spend," is doom and gloom, then perhaps someone should rework their budget.

Less money to spend, while still getting almost all of it, is NOT a cut.

Yet, the Libs still continue to lie, and Obama Armageddons are getting to be like Nibiru threads on ATS.

edit on 27-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
A true leader leads by example. Let's take our current democratic leader as an example:

His oath:
The oath of office for President of the United States reads "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Obama's broken oaths:

Health care legislation undermines individual constitutional rights: March 23, 2010
Bypasses Congress on Internet regulation: December 20, 2010
Act of war without congressional sanction: March 2011 - President Obama ordered the U.S. military to attack Libya without the approval of Congress, which is required by the Constitution.
Bypassing Congress on labor regulations: June 21, 2011
Unconstitutional recess appointments: January 4, 2012

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

reply to post by neo96

Thanks for posting the new link. I just could not imagine clicking the Breitbart link without breaking out in hives. ol:

Typical.

Story on Breitbart, and it is "unbelievable"; same story on CBS, and you're thankful.

Think of all of the things you miss because you are afraid of the source. Don't you possess the ability to sift wheat from chaff?
Aren't you smart enough to see what "the other side" thinks and says, to get a better perspective, and a better rebuttal?

How sad.

Sorry, Inside joke that you clearly did not get. Tough to convey sarcasm in text
We are constantly attacked for sourcing "conservative" sites around here yet the same information can occasionally be found in more conventional left leaning sites that somehow have "official approval" for some distinct ATSers around here...

Joke Joke Chill!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

reply to post by neo96

Thanks for posting the new link. I just could not imagine clicking the Breitbart link without breaking out in hives.
What's wrong with Breitbart? Oh you probably prefer the Hufpost huh?

It was a flipping joke!!! based on the constant attacks we get for our sources around here. I get it everyday when I source articles from CNS or Townhall, The Blaze etc. Funny Funny Funny ha ha People have complete mental breakdowns around here if they see on of those sources and then they proceed to source from Daily Kos, Media Matters and MSNBC without batting an eyelash... It's always amusing...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
www.politicususa.com...

According to Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD), “Tonight marks the third time this year that House Republicans have refused to take up a Democratic substitute to the sequester while failing to put forth their own sequester alternative. With 750,000 jobs at stake – not to mention the furlough of hundreds of thousands of federal employees – this is a total abdication of leadership from Speaker Boehner and his caucus.”

He did it again. Boehner is not doing his job, he is only serving to be an obstructionist. Between this and all of the Republican gerrymandering and removal of the winner-take-all electoral vote in Republican controlled states the Republican party is basically operating on the platform of "our way or no way". They don't want our republic to function, they want an oligarchy.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Sorry, Inside joke that you clearly did not get. Tough to convey sarcasm in text We are constantly attacked for sourcing "conservative" sites around here yet the same information can occasionally be found in more conventional left leaning sites that somehow have "official approval" for some distinct ATSers around here...

No, I follow you, just didn't know the other was a party to it.
I find myself citing "acceptable sources" for interesting stuff, that would'bve been ignored or mocked coming from elsewhere. If I can, I try to follow up with a quote or link from the "unacceptable" source, but by then it's too late for the fearful.

Thanks, though. Good job, good find.

jw

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17
He did it again. Boehner is not doing his job, he is only serving to be an obstructionist. Between this and all of the Republican gerrymandering and removal of the winner-take-all electoral vote in Republican controlled states the Republican party is basically operating on the platform of "our way or no way". They don't want our republic to function, they want an oligarchy.

Wait a minbute! What is there for Boehner, or anyone else to do? This is a law, officially enacted and signed by the president.

Barack Obama has vowed to veto any attempt to avoid it:

How does a citizen following the law amount to "obstructionist" behavior?
This is what YOU voted for; you get what you deserve.

Look what you've done to my country!

jw

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

The most incredible way was, he got the Bush tax cuts, now to be known as the Obama tax cuts, made permanent for 98% of people.

While Obama loves to play "look at this hand" while doing something with the other, Boehner outsmarted him by doing the same thing.

He also got the sequester to NOT be a part of 1. The Fiscal Cliff talks, and 2. The Debt Ceiling talks to not be a part of the Fiscal Cliff talks.

In making each one a seperate issue, Boehner made sure that Obama would have to address each issue individually, on it's own merits.

Great video, thanks for that.

Obama is not as smart as he thinks he is, and he is getting caught up in his own devices because some people know him for the Machiavellian liar he is.

I've notice that some on the left are, once again, drifting away, although for the wrong reasons. It doesn't matter, because as the left awakens to see that despite all of the support and adoration, Obama has little use for them beyond his own purposes, they will find new and better reasons to just walk away and take the loss.

Boehner has taken a lot of heat for playing Obama's "game." It's just that he's better at it and knows where he wants this to end. Obama believe no one would hold his feet to the fire. He underestimated Boehner and the consequences of thug politics exposed to the light of day.

Thanks again, for your great contributions.
jw

edit on 27-2-2013 by jdub297 because: cite

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

The price of gas...

This is a little off topic but it applies...

We are being told a whole handful of reasons as to why the gas prices are rising in a time of the year it historically flattens out or goes down. Refineries closed to make "summer blends" and such nonsense...when the "real" truth is probably much closer to the enviro-tards deciding to make gas so expensive so as to lower the amount of CO2 we are putting out. I have no proof of this, but that is what my gut tells me.

As I said earlier, the whole lot of them "inside the beltway" are criminals...none of them give a big crap about the average life of the average citizen...period. They make buckets of money on the sly and we all pay for it.
edit on 2/27/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Nearly everything the government does anymore is unconstitutional. If anything, all politicians who have served in the past forty or fifty (probably more even) years should be tried and hanged for their crimes. You can't blame just one side of the political isle. They've both conspired together to usurp the constitution and screw over the people who voted them into office.

You said a mouthful there that should have been the end of the thread! It is amazing to me how many people still believe the political theater of some great divide between the so called parties is real and that anyone looks to these criminals and traitors for any answers period. The whole bunch of them should all be arrested tried and hanged for treason starting with the president and his cabinet the Senate the House and the Supreme court!

Obama cyber warriors hard at work keeping the illusion of partisan divide alive and well... Sigh!

edit on 27-2-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

www.politicususa.com...

According to Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD), “Tonight marks the third time this year that House Republicans have refused to take up a Democratic substitute to the sequester while failing to put forth their own sequester alternative. With 750,000 jobs at stake – not to mention the furlough of hundreds of thousands of federal employees – this is a total abdication of leadership from Speaker Boehner and his caucus.”

According to a Democrat from Maryland this is so....I see.
Please try to use that thing between your ears, my friend. Or stop being a paid political shill. Whichever it is.

So let me get this straight....cutting future spending so that it will TEMPORARILY be back to 2009 levels (when the government was excessively spending anyway)...is trying to create an oligarchy.

Meanwhile, seizing unconstitutional powers, extracting money from working citizens and handing it to political cronies and dependents (ie a brainless army of powerless sheep who will vote for you if you give them things bought with others people's money-which was seized from them at gunpoint), and inflating the money supply which harms the middle class and working poor while enriching the financial sector....THAT's not promoting an oligarchy? What bizarro world standards you have.

Me thinks you need to turn off the MSNBC, friend.
Your brain is rotting as a result.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
So far, the President has not offered even a single item to cut from the budget.

Part of the art of negotiation is to give something to get something.

You can blame the Republicans if you want but I blame all the politicians, not just a single party.

Why cut from the budget? Tax the rich at the same rate as everyone else and close the loopholes that allow them to receive breaks and subsidies. One of the first roles of government is to collect taxes not allow ways to avoid paying them. How is a Nation getting bigger by the moment going to survive on that formula? Give back to the most prosperous? No. Everybody pays the cover.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SELAboy

www.politicususa.com...

According to a Democrat from Maryland this is so....I see.
Please try to use that thing between your ears, my friend. Or stop being a paid political shill. Whichever it is.

So let me get this straight....cutting future spending so that it will TEMPORARILY be back to 2009 levels (when the government was excessively spending anyway)...is trying to create an oligarchy.

Meanwhile, seizing unconstitutional powers, extracting money from working citizens and handing it to political cronies and dependents (ie a brainless army of powerless sheep who will vote for you if you give them things bought with others people's money-which was seized from them at gunpoint), and inflating the money supply which harms the middle class and working poor while enriching the financial sector....THAT's not promoting an oligarchy? What bizarro world standards you have.

Me thinks you need to turn off the MSNBC, friend.
Your brain is rotting as a result.

So let me get this straight...You talking the coal miners who were forced to pose with Romney?

Or about the factory worker who requested all his workers vote Republican?

Or maybe you're talking about Republicans refusing to tax the rich the same as everyone else and close existing loopholes and privileges - instead they are asking towns to fire teachers, firefighters and police force and end programs that benefit veterans, the handicapped and the poor. It is criminal - I agree.

There is some corruption in the Democratic Party and probably all the political parties really but there is only one party who represents industry conglomerates and the richest 400 people in this nation as dutifully and faithfully as the Republicans. We subsidize big oil, gas and coal to the tune of 52 billion a year. You think they don't have some pull? You think they can't convince people solar and green energy is a pipe dream and climate change is a hoax?

And of course they support war. They represent defense contractors and war equipment industry so as you can imagine, they do a great job lobbying Washington, instilling fear and selling the notion, peace is for sissy's.

Forget the economy or ways to create jobs, they are too busy defining marriage, fighting against birth control as part of a woman's health plan, and fighting for the status of "person hood" for corporations and the fetus.

What kind of an agenda is that? How does any of that help the American people?

Clearly somebody is watching too much FOX Noise.

edit on 27-2-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Ezra Klein as Op-Ed, I mean WonkBlog, as your source?

What's next?
Talking points from JournoList?

This sequestration is what kept our government from going under 2 years ago.
The piper hasn't been paid, and times up.

Let the chips fall where they may.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join