It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans in Congress have broken their Oath of Office. They should be impeached and tried

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

The House of Representatives, in the last session of Congress, passed two bills to replace the sequester – and now it’s time for the Senate to get “off their ass” and do likewise, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) told reporters on Tuesday.

“We have moved a bill in the House twice,” Boehner said. “We should not have to move a third bill before the Senate gets off their ass and begins to do something.”

16 months to work out a deal and here we are...

Boehner said President Barack Obama is not “focused on trying to find a solution” to the automatic, indiscriminate spending reductions that will begin to take effect on Friday.

“The president has been traveling all over the country and today going down to Newport News, in order to use our military men and women as a prop in yet another campaign rally to support his tax hikes,” Boehner said. “Now the American people know, the president gets more money they’re just going to spend it. The fact is that he’s gotten his tax hikes.”

“It’s time to focus on the real problem here in Washington and that is spending,” he said. “The President has known for 16 months that this sequester was looming out there when the super committee failed to come to an agreement.”

“And so for 16 months the President’s been traveling all over the country holding rallies instead of sitting down with Senate leaders in order to try to forge an agreement over there in order to move a bill,” Boehner said. “We have moved a bill in the House twice.”

Obama is just too busy warning the nation about the trouble we are in. Just like Chicken Little!! That's his new nick name. Chicken Little!!!

cnsnews.com...

Maybe Boehner should just sit down and have a good cry about it and things will get better. So the President shouldn't tell the public what kind of trouble we are in sounds like GOP logic. Ignore it maybe it will go away.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

reply to post by buster2010

Just a touch of sarcasm in my post that you quoted...
Get with the program junior

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-2-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

A person would have to be retarded to think you can ever stop illegals from coming into the country. Get with the program gramps.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

A person would have to be retarded to think you can ever stop illegals from coming into the country. Get with the program gramps.

Who ever said they can stop illegals from entering?? Please share...
Why don't you share the remainder your sage advice with the WH who is using this notion to scare people and then has the stones to release illegals from detention centers in droves ahead of the spending cuts.

Reading your post reminded me that I forgot to apply my bunion cream this morning.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Guess some people didn't bother to watch this www.breitbart.com...

I do love how the republcans get blamed for not getting on their knees and give the admin whatever they want they already have given too much what has the Senate and the Potus done?

Except spend 6 trillion dollars in 4 years and increased government even larger than the previous administration did.

Time the potus and the senate own up instead of just being obamas "yes man".

why would anyone that has reached the age of reason, watch anything from that breibart blog site...i'll sum it up for you....obama is the devil, democrats are evil, liberals are traitors....(yawn)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

I guess that makes all other countrys in the world retarded. How is it Mexico can hold there southern boarder but we cant ours?

You want to know how?

There not fighting global wars and there armys are holding there boarders. So i guess that makes them retarded by your logic?

look at Europe, you cant even get a hotel room without showing your passport. Illegal Immigration can be stopped, its just the left and right parties don’t want it to stop
edit on 26-2-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
They are all crooks...the two party system is just an illusion to make you feel like your opinion matters...it doesn't.

The two parties are two wings of the same bird of prey and we are the prey.

Want to try someone for treason? Want to charge someone with destroying our economy? Charge the mega-corporations, their investors and the banks. They have willing destroyed our economy in the want of a couple more percentage points. They shipped our jobs overseas knowing what it would do and they did it anyway. they have circumvented the tax and tariff laws...you want to try someone for treason and sedition? There ya go.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

They don't care because they know they are finished.

So many things going on behind the scenes, it is amazing that they are even continuing with this charade.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yes we all know that tell us something new.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Impeach all of them and let the cuts fall ..... how do you flesh out the waste? cut your budget. The American government is unlike a classic bureaucracy which has a growth pattern of it's own. The difference is that the government bureaucracy is now super charged bureaucracy by lobbyists working the increase the bureaucratic system looking for profits and power.

edit on 26-2-2013 by fnpmitchreturns because: add/clarify

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by neo96
Guess some people didn't bother to watch this www.breitbart.com...

I do love how the republcans get blamed for not getting on their knees and give the admin whatever they want they already have given too much what has the Senate and the Potus done?

Except spend 6 trillion dollars in 4 years and increased government even larger than the previous administration did.

Time the potus and the senate own up instead of just being obamas "yes man".

why would anyone that has reached the age of reason, watch anything from that breibart blog site...i'll sum it up for you....obama is the devil, democrats are evil, liberals are traitors....(yawn)

Demonize the journalist, It’s the typical tactic for the party that has no counter constructive argument.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

This better ?

www.cbsnews.com...

Of course anyone who watched that press conference yesterday already knew this.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thanks for posting the new link. I just could not imagine clicking the Breitbart link without breaking out in hives.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
does the op work directly for the obama campaign,
i mean the obama administration?

this is not a spending cut, not even close.

it's not 85 billion.
it's 44 billion.

it is a cut in projected spending.

we are still going to spend more this year than last year, billions more.
and billions more next year.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Thanks for posting the new link. I just could not imagine clicking the Breitbart link without breaking out in hives.

Funny part there is?

Both Breitbart and CBS posted the same video content, and yet Breitbart was totally unacceptable!

Geez.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The problem is the Republican Party is a mess. They are so busy fighting and blaiming each other the election loss and the fact Obamas rating keep getting better that they can never come to agreement with themselves much less the Dems. As the economy keeps getting better the GOP knows that Obama and the DNC will get the credit and that makes 2016 a very scary time for the GOP. They are going either have to split, purge or somehow come to an agreement or else as the polls show they are getting the blame, right or wrong, for the mess that is coming.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
we could cut a trillion + from the budget if the tyrants in the senate would pass a budget.

if you would like to know why the senate will not pass a budget,
refer to this thread.
abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I think that's their goal.
The only way for them to keep their control in the House in 2014 and to win the White House in 2016 is to make Obama a failure.

Yes. they haven't been subtle about it. Scaring the American economy hasn't ceased the recovery. Taking it hostage repeatedly only slowed it down...they have opted to shoot the hostage and damn the consequences. They are losing elections and have nothing left to lose. Expect them to gerry-mander the electoral college the same way they did congressional districts as well. The last ounce of integrity and honesty has left the building. From here on out it is abut siezing government by any means.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

And this, folks, is how the extremist and violent liberal brownshirts will continue to become.

Anyone who does not agree with Washington Post propagandists like Ezra Kein (as opposed to facts) is an enemy of the state who should be considered seditious. IN case you didn't click, Klein is the author of a rather ridiculous opinion piece on which this OP is based.

The government is your master. If you do not fully support what the federal authorities say (as long as they are under a Democratic President) you are likely a domestic terrorist. And we know what our lord and master has said is logical proper to do with domestic terrorists? Get ready to get killed by drones, folks. At least if the extreme thuggish OP is to be followed.

Fort one thing, anyone who suggests that cutting 2.4% of future growth will destroy the economy is a bit naive at the very best.
I can tell you what WILL kill it: constant inflation of the money supply coupled with ever growing federal subsidies which creates a dependent (ie powerless) populace. Ever increasing debt has only ever devastated societies over and over and over again throughout history. I'm wondering if the OP understands the concept of critical thought or whether he/she is simply a very obedient sheep and believes what his/her masters feed them. Good sheep.

But obedient sheep will not stop the current devastation. What we need is Congressmen much more strident than the ones we have to stop this nonsense.

Here's a line of thought:
If breaking one's oath makes on seditious:

Who is the source of sequestration? Jacob Lew. Who happens to be? One of Obama's right hand men. Who blessed off on sequestration before it was submitted to Congress? Oh, yeah --- Obama, that's who.

darn facts.

Also,
Enlighten me as to how killing American citizens without trial is not breaking one's Constitutional oath?
How is seizing the power to hold Americans indefinitely with no representation Constitutional?
How is seizing the power to nationalize private businesses during peacetime remotely within the power of the executive branch.

If one were to take the extremist rhetoric of the OP and apply it to all those in Washington DC, there would certainly be one individual who was the most extreme traitor to just about every facet of the Constitution. And he's not a Republican Congressman....

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17
for Sedition.

This is the Oath of Office that every senator must take:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.
Source

The Republicans (or more focused, John Boehner's) complete unwillingness to compromise with the Democrats in Congress and the President on the Sequester will destroy any and all economic recovery that the nation has made during the past 5 years and possibly throw the nation into a second Great Depression.

They are doing this all because they want to destroy the Democrats in every way possible even though the American people recognize that the Sequester is the fault of the Republicans.

We can't wait another year and a half and have the economy destroyed by the Republicans. The uncooperative ones, or at least their ringleaders, John Boehner and Eric Cantor, need to be removed from office and tried for Sedition against the United States.

This is how the US government defines Sedition.

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

I fail to see how what the Republicans in Congress are doing is not Sedition? They need to be stopped and made an example of for the sake of the country.
edit on 2/26/2013 by SG-17 because: title was cut short.

Funny post. Recovery? Are you serious? if anyone should be tried, it's Obama. He's hijacked this country and dragging it toward insolvency. Oh and lets not get into the EOs he's signed that pretty much ignore the Constitution.

Your thread is a joke.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

What's wrong with Breitbart? Oh you probably prefer the Hufpost huh?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join