It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans in Congress have broken their Oath of Office. They should be impeached and tried

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
"We can't wait another year and a half and have the economy destroyed by the Republicans. The uncooperative ones, or at least their ringleaders, John Boehner and Eric Cantor, need to be removed from office and tried for Sedition against the United States. "

this economy and who destroyed it...now this could be a thread in itself as to my understanding
you are nowhere close to root cause here

many today claim alot of symptoms to be the problem...shame too as if real address energy was applied to the problem....most all these symptoms would disappear

let's talk those elite-st & bankers behind their UN plan rolled out to address the problem class
then those on their payroll as a symptom class

as to this impeachment....it'd be off a lil to say there's "some or a mere group" implying there's "some or a group" free of guilt.

sorry if i offend anyone here as i reference impeachment as a lynching

impeachment as i see it...estimates to be 80% are every bit eligible so if ropes were to be brought most would have to bring one for themselves too...most likely why we'll never see such a thing

if it was a lynching party that included both wings of government including the executive branch too
that would be the biggest block party i'd ever see

as to this sequester stuff...way to over blown as an issue anyways...fear tactics in play here...or are we just to do as timothy geitner suggested...just run with no credit limit or ceiling

in-closing i truly hope no one minds
i toss a lil video up here what does make a valid presentation
of resolution to the problem class (i'm sure some in silence will smile if they haven't seen it)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
i LOL at all thes people saying obama needs to pass a budge. you guys do know that the budget is congresses job right? obama isnt the one spending billions of dollars on useless things, congress is. The GOP want people to think that obama is at fault for all the spending going on but thats not the case.

Whats happening is that Congress is running up the countries credit card since they are the ones that decide where the money is spent. Obamas job is to make sure that the bills get paid on time but the thing the GOP have figured out is that he cant pay the bills on time if they dont give him the money to do so.

So they spendspendspend as much as they can and when the time comes to pay the bill they dont pass a budget and make it seem like its obamas fault, when in reality they are the ones causing all the problems.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If a 2.3% cut on the increase in government spending is going to destroy the United States, then maybe it isn't worth saving.

Yeah, impeach me as well!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
They have all known that this day was coming since 2011!!! All that time and suddenly we find ourselves in yet another manufactured crisis. One after another. Anyone ever wonder why??

Direct your ire where it belongs

The idea for the automatic cuts were proposed by then chief of staff Jack Lew and another top aide in 2011 and "personally approved" by Obama himself, writes Woodward. Want specifics? Lew presented it to Harry Reid at 2:30pm July 27 of that year, he adds.

At times over the last year, President Obama and Lew have flat-out said the sequester was Congress' idea, though White House spokesman Jay Carney finally acknowledged "sequester paternity" this week. It matters because "months of White House dissembling" on the issue made relations with congressional Republicans even worse, writes Woodward. He also says the president agreed to no new taxes in the final sequester deal, but now he's "moving the goal posts" by calling for both spending cuts and new revenue. "His call for a balanced approach is reasonable .. but that was not the deal he made," writes Woodward

www.newser.com...

A must read article if you really want to understand how we got "here"
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17

The Republicans (or more focused, John Boehner's) complete unwillingness to compromise with the Democrats in Congress and the President on the Sequester will destroy any and all economic recovery that the nation has made during the past 5 years and possibly throw the nation into a second Great Depression.

You are buying into the misdirection provided by the dog-n-pony show of republican vs democrat.

Fact is: There is no recovery. These politicians, Wall Streeters and Central Banksters have colluded to loot the treasury (and the sovereignty) of the US and other lands.

This "crisis" is completely artificial. Overt, massive fraud is the problem. The only solution to these ongoing crimes is prosecution of the perps. Or the dissolution of the gangster government running this country. Or both.

We can not escape the collapse that is coming as long as these perps remain in control of our country.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by SG-17

The statement needs to address ALL of those in Govt. ALL in Congress, ALL in the Senate and the Tyrant 0bama.
ALL of them!!!!!!

Here, here! The issue is not partisan, its political. By political, I mean that the problem is politicians. All of them!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Maybe we should just make congress into a prison cell and lock all the congressmen into that area till they come to an agreement. They are all acting irrational. Both sides know we have to make big cuts but noone wants to do it. It isn't government employees that are the problem it is the expenditures that go to contractors that create the most debt. Look at military expenditures, it is not the soldiers that cost the most, it is the wasted money on things that they don't even need. Stuff soldiers need they have to acquire themselves because the money is getting shuffled to expensive contractor projects. Cancel these expensive unneeded projects that burn all the money up

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Guess some people didn't bother to watch this www.breitbart.com...

I do love how the republcans get blamed for not getting on their knees and give the admin whatever they want they already have given too much what has the Senate and the Potus done?

Except spend 6 trillion dollars in 4 years and increased government even larger than the previous administration did.

Time the potus and the senate own up instead of just being obamas "yes man".

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MastaShake

I love the FACT of the ORIGIN of sequestration is often lost in discussion. And the idiots who voted on this little gem.
I am kind of happy that a monetary spanking will come friday,they have to do it sooner or later anyway.
So yes they should,AFTER the POTUS, who's boy devised it, and thus is solely responsable for it's creation.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Epic fail OP. This is just more fear tactics. Divide and conquer. Chicago politics. 2.3% of the budget ( What budget? ) will not shut down America. This POTUS can't even spell compromise. I am sure when it happens the media will be ready with stories of complete disaster though. They will make it a plus for him.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Speaking of fear, I believe OP has left.

A victim of pride perhaps.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Qap'la, another one bites the electronic dust.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

They are doing this all because they want to destroy the Democrats in every way possible even though the American people recognize that the Sequester is the fault of the Republicans.

It was Obama's idea. This is already public information. What flavor of Kool-Aid are you drinking??

The president and Lew had this wrong. My extensive reporting for my book “The Price of Politics” shows that the automatic spending cuts were initiated by the White House and were the brainchild of Lew and White House congressional relations chief Rob Nabors —probably the foremost experts on budget issues in the senior ranks of the federal government.

Obama personally approved of the plan for Lew and Nabors to propose the sequester to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.). They did so at 2:30 p.m. July 27, 2011, according to interviews with two senior White House aides who were directly involved.

"Obama's Sequester Deal-Changer", Bob Woodward, Washington Post

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Both parties consist of "puppets" that do what they are told by those that pay the bill.

All Senators, Congressmen, and the POTUS should be tried for treason if they:
1) Jeopardize the country's economic and foreign security through unjust wars
2) Violate Amendments stipulated by the Constitution
3) Try to alter the Bill of Rights

And #1 makes the $85 million dollar disagreement (fake posturing really) look like the nickel and dime on the table next to me.

Tell me, anyone, is there any politician in the US that qualifies?

As a side note, I respect the OP's opinion. And i have my own. I used to watch All-Star Wrestling and think it was real. Then I saw them behind the curtain of the arena, hanging out talking about dinner just before coming out for the show...where they would rip each other apart. Politics is the same.
edit on 26-2-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

I say all elected representatives and their appointed bureaucrats should be tried and hung. All senators, all house members, president, supreme court justices, everybody! All are complicit to varying degrees. The ones who have actively fought against the crime should maybe just removed from office only. The US govt. though is a massive criminal body of ungoverned tyrants.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'm still waiting to here about this "economic recovery" that has been touted a couple of times in this thread. Why can't anyone explain it?? Hmmmm.... I'll wait...... Check back tomorrow...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

The House of Representatives, in the last session of Congress, passed two bills to replace the sequester – and now it’s time for the Senate to get “off their ass” and do likewise, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) told reporters on Tuesday.

“We have moved a bill in the House twice,” Boehner said. “We should not have to move a third bill before the Senate gets off their ass and begins to do something.”

16 months to work out a deal and here we are...

Boehner said President Barack Obama is not “focused on trying to find a solution” to the automatic, indiscriminate spending reductions that will begin to take effect on Friday.

“The president has been traveling all over the country and today going down to Newport News, in order to use our military men and women as a prop in yet another campaign rally to support his tax hikes,” Boehner said. “Now the American people know, the president gets more money they’re just going to spend it. The fact is that he’s gotten his tax hikes.”

“It’s time to focus on the real problem here in Washington and that is spending,” he said. “The President has known for 16 months that this sequester was looming out there when the super committee failed to come to an agreement.”

“And so for 16 months the President’s been traveling all over the country holding rallies instead of sitting down with Senate leaders in order to try to forge an agreement over there in order to move a bill,” Boehner said. “We have moved a bill in the House twice.”

Obama is just too busy warning the nation about the trouble we are in. Just like Chicken Little!! That's his new nick name. Chicken Little!!!

cnsnews.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Look out! If I don't get my way, this country is going to be overrun with Illegal Immigrants.

You have no idea what you are talking about. If this country was going to be overrun by illegals it would have happened when that failure Reagan gave blanket amnesty to them. That and the fact that Obama deported more in three years than the previous administration did in eight makes your statement even more laughable.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Just a touch of sarcasm in my post that you quoted...
Get with the program junior

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-2-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join