It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans in Congress have broken their Oath of Office. They should be impeached and tried

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
for Sedition.

This is the Oath of Office that every senator must take:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.
Source

The Republicans (or more focused, John Boehner's) complete unwillingness to compromise with the Democrats in Congress and the President on the Sequester will destroy any and all economic recovery that the nation has made during the past 5 years and possibly throw the nation into a second Great Depression.

They are doing this all because they want to destroy the Democrats in every way possible even though the American people recognize that the Sequester is the fault of the Republicans.

We can't wait another year and a half and have the economy destroyed by the Republicans. The uncooperative ones, or at least their ringleaders, John Boehner and Eric Cantor, need to be removed from office and tried for Sedition against the United States.

This is how the US government defines Sedition.

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

I fail to see how what the Republicans in Congress are doing is not Sedition? They need to be stopped and made an example of for the sake of the country.
edit on 2/26/2013 by SG-17 because: title was cut short.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Start at the top and work your way down, you arguement might have some merit if you weren't obviously biasaed.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
So far, the President has not offered even a single item to cut from the budget.

Part of the art of negotiation is to give something to get something.

You can blame the Republicans if you want but I blame all the politicians, not just a single party.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
So far, the President has not offered even a single item to cut from the budget.

You can blame the Republicans if you want but I blame all the politicians, not just a single party.

If you read my Sequester link in my OP you will see that the White House offered to concede on 80% of the Republicans demands, including cutting entitlement spending but because the White House refuses to lower taxes on the rich, the Republicans refused it again.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
A ground up modification is needed to usurp the two party stranglehold.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
How is refusing to fund a big load of unconstitutional programs sedition?

Nearly everything the government does anymore is unconstitutional. If anything, all politicians who have served in the past forty or fifty (probably more even) years should be tried and hanged for their crimes. You can't blame just one side of the political isle. They've both conspired together to usurp the constitution and screw over the people who voted them into office.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I fail to see how this is AT ALL a partisan issue as you'd make it out to be here.

Yes, Boehner is the Speaker of the House and YES, under our system of Government, spending bills have to originate in the House. Having said that...It's important to note when the Senate flat says NOTHING THE HOUSE PASSES HAS ANY CHANCE WHATSOEVER.

Why bother? Why should Boehner try? Now, the Constitution is why, and I agree, Boehner is in deriliction of his duty. So is Obama and Reid however. First, this came to us in the Budget Control Act of 2011, specifically. That was an act passed by the Congress and signed by the President. That means ALL three men agree and signed off on this nightmare pact.

Now, we face the end of the line ....unless they kick the can yet again....and it's all the Republicans fault that they won't be FORCED to do 100% of the bidding of the Democrat party? THIS is why BOTH are guilty as all hell and should BOTH be run out of office, to the last man and woman for this.

It's been a BI-Partisan problem for 2 years now. It was a Bi-Partisan problem in November and December...and TOGETHER, Republicans and Democrats collectively kicked this rotten can from Jan 1 to the end of this month. Not a very hard kick, but then, it wasn't meant to be. Just enough to re-cast the political scene and maybe play this for more political benefit.

Rome burns while people still play an R/D blame game. Well... the fire doesn't care who set the torches. It's just going to burn all of us together. Together they COULD solve this. Together, they've chosen NOT to by omission of action.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Neither "side" wants to budge because both "sides" want this to happen. And realistically, if you still believe that the republicans and democrats that are currently in office are different from each other - then you are part of the problem. What kind of change did we get when Obama was elected? What we got was Bush's third (and now fourth) term. Very insignificant changes in what is being done to the country except maybe Bush allowed us a little lube when he bent us over.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
When will Harry Reid get a budget passed,we haven't had one yet..lets start with that.
I didn't see full Congressional approval to start a war with Libya either.

The budget under Clinton in 96' was 1.6 trillion,2013 under Obama looks to be 3.8 trillion.I think we can cut 1trillion over 10 years

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Sedition? Why can't Obama cough up 2% in honest spending cuts?

The house has already submitted 2 proposals to the Senate and no action has been taken on either. Meanwhile, the WH has produced Zip!!!!!

Stop playing into Obama's crying game. It takes two to tango and Obama should clearly take a page from the Clinton presidential manual if ever expects to accomplish anything in his final lame duck term. I guess that's why he is so passionate about Executive Actions and Orders. He is socially incapable of negotiating with the other side. He's never been known to build those types of relationships in his past.... Red Flag....

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

What economic recovery are you referencing? I haven't seen any recovery correctly proposed from either side tbh. We are still spending millions a day over seas and let the federal reserve dictate what happens at the bank, as far as I can tell the economy is pretty damn similar to the way it was just five years ago.

That being said, recovery can't happen with the above topics accepted by both sides, but entitlement programs and less taxes for the rich wont help either- problems stemming from both sides of ideology

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

Originally posted by SG-17
The Republicans (or more focused, John Boehner's) complete unwillingness to compromise with the Democrats in Congress and the President on the Sequester will destroy any and all economic recovery that the nation has made during the past 5 years and possibly throw the nation into a second Great Depression.

I think that's their goal.
The only way for them to keep their control in the House in 2014 and to win the White House in 2016 is to make Obama a failure. And destroying the economic recovery is the easiest way to do it. Fortunately, the people see right through their antics.

I completely agree with you.

edit on 2/26/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
They all need to go. The reason we are in this mess is because of both parties.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

I like your thinking, but it will never happen.

Boehner, Cantor, et al. Are looking toward 2014 and are running scared of this Tea Party Taliban monster that they created, or, at least encouraged.

They know that even if they only look like they are working with Obama they will be primary-ed. This is why Boehner had his lemon sucking face on throughout the entire State of the Union address.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Thank you.
I mean it.
Finally a real thread about the real threat going on in this country.
The treasonous idiots of the Tea Party throwing the country
under the bus because they don't like the president.
What wonderful Patriots.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by SG-17

Originally posted by SG-17

I think that's their goal.
The only way for them to keep their control in the House in 2014 and to win the White House in 2016 is to make Obama a failure. And destroying the economic recovery is the easiest way to do it. Fortunately, the people see right through their antics.

I completely agree with you.

edit on 2/26/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Obama is doing just fine at failing on his own....

Where is this Economic recovery you all are touting. Please share. Have you noticed the negative effect of Obama's payroll tax hike yet? Retailers have. Unemployment numbers were back to the same as they were when Obama first took office in Jan. 2009.

The GOP (Boehner) caved in to Obama last time. Now its time for Obama to put up his measly 2%... He can't have everything he wants. Period. I guess he's gotten used that throughout his life....

Antics?? You mean like Obama's scare tactics? According to him kids will be kicked out of day care and left on the streets, schools will be boarded up and TSA will no longer be able to function in the airports... blah blah blah

Look out! If I don't get my way, this country is going to be overrun with Illegal Immigrants. I mean it.....
Yeah, that is the latest to come out of his administration.... www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-2-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

Oh I can blame them.
Jobs bill for veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan ?
Tea Party "No!"
Smarter military while cutting costs (by a bunch)
Tea Party "No"
Actually no one has time for all the Tea Party "No's"
Here's one of MANY links
www.cnn.com...
And for my friend above, Immigration from Mexico is about ZERO.
edit on 26-2-2013 by sealing because: More

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

Meanwhile, all of you touting this impeachment turn a blind eye to Benghazi and Fast and Furious. Just for starters. Its hilarious. You think holding strong to Obama's childish demands is far worse.

Let the Sequester happen. It is just what Obama wanted when he first pushed for. He didn't think anyone would stand up to him to call his bluff. Both sides have had ample time to come up with an amicable agreement.

Time to hold the Nation's leader accountable for a change... You know, the same guy who is piloting the ship straight into the Iceberg...

You guys are hilarious... Good luck when you go down with the ship in frigid waters...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

The statement needs to address ALL of those in Govt. ALL in Congress, ALL in the Senate and the Tyrant 0bama.
ALL of them!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Both parties and the president are too blame. Neither give damn about the people, just the agenda. I am so sick and tired of the party crap. I am so sick of the president not getting his way and go crying and exaggerating across the country. I am sick of the fear tactics used by both sides. And I am disgusted by the sheeple that believe that any of them have our interest at heart.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join