It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever had an experience that changed your mind about Reincarnation??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Yeah lots of people have had similar experiences it happens with people you meet too and just seems like you have known them forever etc. Reincarnation just made sense to me so i did a guided regression once and found myself as a soldier in the revolutionary war or just before with all kinds of British troops in the scene and me hiding from them in some kind of trench.

Dr. Ian Stevenson's work proves scientifically reincarnation. I doubt even the worst skeptic could come away not believing after reading his work. reluctant-messenger.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I'm reading a book I just found that uses his work and references quite extensively. Very interesting stuff. I read a lot of Dick Sutphen's books also during the 1990's. Very interesting stuff.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I've had several experiences and dreams throughout my life that have led me to believe that we were here before or that I'm somehow linked to other people in time.

If you've never seen the documentary before, The Boy Who Lived Before is simply amazing and convinced me without a doubt that reincarnation is real.

Check it out!
edit on 2/27/2013 by atzmaz because: vid link fix

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I watched an amazing movie recently. Cloud Atlas. It struck a chord with me. For those who feel their life is an eternal battle just imagine...it's even longer than that

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players,"

William Shakespeare

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Everytime I see a bikini model, I get a feeling. I think I used to be one in a past life.

Carry on, ya'll.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Galadriel

Your post really struck a chord, as I also believe in the simultaneous existences, so all at once. Which means we have access to more lessons and answers than here. I had never thought of changing a reaction, nervous disorders, impatience, and striving to be more kind or in the moment, conscious. That this could impact the "past", though the past is a perception of linear. I thought we could, in meditation perhaps, learn from other aspects of self, but that we wouldn't be affecting them???? But of course its not cut and dried, it could go that way as well, affect the whole, change things around somehow on every timeline.
edit on 27-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

I worked with a holistic psychologist who talked about this often, and although I can't explain it well, and still am not sure how it actually works - it made sense to me and felt like a good explanation of the idea of reincarnation.
The poster who mentioned Oversoul 7 - that's a book I've read twice. It shows by example how lives are intertwined through time, through an oversoul, and an oversoul to the oversoul, etc.

So, if I work on healing fear of ending up a bag lady, for instance, I am supposedly healing more than just "me" in this life, but "me" in all aspects of me, wherever/whenever that is. It hurts my brain to try to logically figure it out.
I think it could have merit.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I have posted this story on here before, and while not a reincarnation store per say, it supports my belief in an afterlife.

Several years ago I had a dream where a little blond boy came up to me and told me his name and said that he was my son and was coming to our family and said I was pregnant with him now. I Woke up and took a pregnancy test, and lo and behold I was pregnant. We were not trying and our other children were significantly older -so it was a bit of a shock.

I had a massive placental abrupt ion and he never made it through the emergency cessation, but he (baby)looked exactly like he had in my dream. The strange thing is that the baby from my dream didn't look like my existing son but now that I have another little boy, he is the spitting image of him( just with a different eye color). It gives me some solace that I will see him again.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading your initial post and the ones that followed.

I, too have had an extraordinary past life experience over many years, revealed to me night after night in my dreams. They were soooo clear and heartwrenching, re-experiencing the Native American genocide that I would wake up hysterically crying over and over in the mornings. The plains Indians in my dreams even showed me how to brain tan animal hides the native way and to make drums, mocassins, dresses, etc...which I did and still have.

After a number of events and tests to see if I was able to emotionally endure the awakening, the fact I was one of them and even who I was was revealed to me....breaking my heart and temporarily shattering my spirit because the knowing was sooo painful. I FINALLY just wrote about my story in a heartwrenching book I had self published on Createspace called "I Danced Upon My Grave - A Soul's Journey Back to the Past" by Kerrie J. Clarke and thus far have had really terrific reviews from family and friends who have read it. I leave it to the readers to decide whether it is true or not, but the honest to God truth is, EVERYTHING in it indeed occurred & all the people from today and their part of the soul puzzle can be confirmed.

Blessings to you for your awakening. It definitely seems to be the time.

Thank you for sharing

Kerrie

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by atzmaz

Watching it now.... thank you for sharing!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I once had a dream that I was a wanderer in a Medieval-like area. I believe I may have been a poor thief, and I had a friend with me. This friend I felt a strong attachment to in the dream, but he was not based on anyone I know from my waking life (I keep dream journals normally, so it wasn't too hard to recall how he acted). Me and him went into a soup shop, got some soup, laughed and joked, and ended up ditching with a free meal. We were actually planning to leave the town, according to him, couple days in advance, and today was the day. So as we started wandering off, we encountered these armed soldiers who questioned us about where we heading off to. We eventually found out that these guys were barbarians or whatnot, and they had come here to kill everyone in that town, and they ended up killing us, before I woke.

I had this dream for a whole week, then one day it stopped. By the end of the week, I had been very depressed and I felt like I had lost a very dear friend to me, because the soup shop felt so real. The conversations we had felt like actual conversations and I remember what we talked about, and I remember how he looked (he was a ginger, and I don't really have any friends who are gingers so he stood out in my mind). I never had that dream again, but it had put this notion into my mind that there was a higher realm that our minds extracted experiences from, and this dream is an experience of another life. So in that way, that changed how I saw reincarnation and the afterlife. It was a very deep dream, and he remains a very dear friend to me.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Threads like this are what got me interested in ATS, personally I have never experienced anything that I would consider a past life memory.

Although the thought of re-incarnation kind of makes sense to me and my personal belief is that it just might be real. If so the only reasoning I can comeup with is that there is a higher being and a "heaven" like place. If that were the case then our time on learth might be a test of sorts where we are provided the option to earn our way to that 'heaven'.

My family and I have experienced some unexplainable phenomenon, there is so much we don't know so I try not to write anything off.

Oh and there is one book that I have heard is pretty compelling but haven't read yet. The book Soul Survivor supposedly documents a childs memories of I believe WWII, to include names of I believe a Co-pilot and so on. It is supposed to be very good, I intend on getting it and reading it eventually.
edit on 27-2-2013 by seeker1977 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

cell memory no reincarnation

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

You might find a serious listen to the Roswell, Alien Interview enlightening:

I leave it to you and others to click through to YouTube to hear the rest of the story. I have the original MP4 but the file is too big to share. It can be downloaded via Torrent.

edit on 28-2-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

I've come to believe that the Universe gives us little nudges when we need them the most...kind of like saying, "hey, there's so much more to life than you know! Pay attention."

I don't tell many people my story...I've had some pretty downright rude reactions. I've had my sanity questioned...but, it really happened! I don't understand the fear some people have when it comes to things like this. We can believe that some guy took 2 of every animal on a boat and wasn't mauled to death but we can't believe that we've lived other lives? It's insanity

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by atzmaz

I watched this a few months ago after seeing it mentioned in another thread....totally amazing story, and I love it when stories such as these can be corroborated with actual evidence. Yet people still deny that this is really something feasible.
*sigh*

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

Have you ever read any of Dolores Cannon's books? She touches on this same thought in The Convoluted Universe...I'm not sure which book number but I definitely remember reading about it. A very interesting book, you should check it out if you haven't already.

edit on 28-2-2013 by U4ea82 because: Late night typos

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Well I'm pretty sure your consciousness or "soul" isn't something that gets recycled, but I know exactly what you're talking about.

I have no good explanation for these "deja vu" feelings but I get them pretty often. Ever since I was a kid. It's mostly like BAM - and I feel weird. I know something will happen..... Or it's like "wait a second - that already happened!".

I remember my first one like it was yesterday even though it's more than 20 years. Was sleeping when my mom got home from work, so I woke up and she said there's something she wants to tell me. And there - I felt it. "That same thing already happened".

I was confused and said - You're going to Berlin... She said Yes, how did you know? It was funny and confusing, but mostly pretty cool (for a little kid).

And I had those deja vus many many times after that. Sometimes completely new places where I've never been before are strangely familiar for a couple of seconds - it's like a flash of light and I feel like I was there before and sometimes I can even tell - there's that and there's that...

But mostly it's like "that already happened" thing when I feel like I'm kinda back in time. Everything around me is exactly the way I "remember" and I know something's gonna happen. Like: now the door will open and this guy walks in... But I'm right only in maybe 1/10 cases. It used to be better though.

The feeling is not particularly pleasant one, but I know it very well so when it happens I'm actually pretty excited.

I also used to have something I call a "morning sickness". I woke up and I felt weak and really scared. I mean REALLY scared. When that happened you could bet something will happen to the people around me that day. And I was ALWAYS right! Always.

I know everyone has deja-vus. I didn't do any real research, but I know it has some scientific explanation.
So yeah - you should go back to that reenactment - maybe it'll come back. I know I'd do that.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
How interesting. unique description. I do believe in reincarnation. Always been a WW2 fan/buff. Fascinated by everything German/Nazi related.. think i might've been a nazi in a past life :\ and have had vivid dreams as a soldier in WW2 so who knows? maybe a fascination creeps into my dreams/thoughts....

Might also check out the spiritual viewpoint behind reincarnation; it offers an interesting explanation.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
No I have always believed in reincarnation although I am not religious. I guess there is no evidence i use to back up my beliefs but I have always felt that there is no point in life if the goal is death.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Sure, I have. I've met people in my life that I'm sure I knew previously in a past life.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join