It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever had an experience that changed your mind about Reincarnation??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

reply to post by Cancerwarrior

I know it is true though because I experienced it.

Eve perceived the fruit to be good....
The sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful....

Jesus said that He did judge based upon what He saw.

Please stop concluding your "truth" by what you experience through your senses. It is a surefire way for you to be misled and to possibly believe lies as "truths". For example, the trick of eastern mediation is that you are told that you are actually divine and immortal, but that to realise this "truth", you must attain "spiritual enlightenment" through the practice of meditation in order to experience (perceive) the "truth" of this "truth". To a generation devoid of faith and indoctrinated to believe in the objectiveness of science, the experiences and perceptions that meditation brings "proves" the "truth". And to this end, once the lie is believed as your truth, it is nearly impossible for anybody to offer other evidence which contradicts the "truth" that you have come to, especially since you have experiences.

The truth? Only God is immortal. If that was your truth, though you may 'experience' something like you did, you'd automatically know that your experiences would not be evidence of reincarnation because it's a lie as old as time. Our Father in Heaven is revealing the deceit around us and the methods used by wicked men to instill fear in mankind. He is showing how newscasts are scripted, how false images are used to convince us of things that happened that really didn't, and how wickedness has manipulated the population into believing things as truths that only further their power and control.

For all of us, the message is the same: those who are deceived never learned to love the truth. Therefore, they WILL believe the delusion and thus the lie. He is there, a heartfelt prayer away. He alone can cast your falsehoods crashing to the ground. I can attest its very mentally painful to see your former beliefs exposed for what they are - lies - but He is right there with you during this process. He will show you what Buddhism and Hinduism is, and He will show you why it's religious practices of meditation are pouring into our schools, our hospitals, our medical practitioners, and our workplaces, and by whom. He will show you why people accept it yet those same will fight tooth and nail if somebody proposed to bring in Christian biblical meditation into the classroom.

Reincarnation is the serpents lie - "you surely will not die". God's Truth is that you will, and that eternal life is a gift, from Him. Many want the first to be true, but all will find out that the latter is true.

So you are saying that since I had an experience that only Hindus and Buddhists believe in I am being decieved by the Devil? Hah. Maybe so. Maybe the devil sent me this experience so he could claim my soul in the fiery depths of hell!

I take it you are a Christian. Maybe instead of looking at the differences between Christianity and other religions you should look at their similarities. All religions boil down to one thing. The Golden Rule. Even Jesus talks about treating others how you want to be treated. Sometimes to find out the truth of things you have to unlearn everything you know about it.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

Your post really struck a chord, as I also believe in the simultaneous existences, so all at once. Which means we have access to more lessons and answers than here. I had never thought of changing a reaction, nervous disorders, impatience, and striving to be more kind or in the moment, conscious. That this could impact the "past", though the past is a perception of linear. I thought we could, in meditation perhaps, learn from other aspects of self, but that we wouldn't be affecting them???? But of course its not cut and dried, it could go that way as well, affect the whole, change things around somehow on every timeline.
edit on 27-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

So, like I mentioned in a recent post, this data is getting around. The best writer I've seen on "past lives happening all at once" and HowTo:Work with that, is Jane Roberts and her Seth Material (quite a few books and two or three novels). Roberts' husband would sit as his wife went into an "away" state and Seth would speak from her (this was long before any other "Seth" appearance by people getting a piece of the action, and long before the main channeling craze came into being - Jane Roberts' books and data may have actually jumpstarted that phase). My teacher said that the information in those books was very high-level, and would communicate to someone as they reached those levels through training. What's occurring now is that lots of this data is in the general public awarness and agreement levels now, and people are better able to accept it and learn how to "get there". Anyway, if you haven't heard of Jane Roberts or read her Seth book or "Overself 7" novels, here's someone typing to give you a heads up on them.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
After finishing the book Ian Stevenson: Twenty Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation and picking up that his work had the same results with residents of the west.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Amazing!!
Wow. Yes, I also think we reincarnate in "groups", and from time to time we run across someone from a previous go-round - a strange recognition...

this can turn out to be a new "test" of old issues, or a new "epiphany" of connectedness, in my opinion.

Maybe you were my cousin or something? Bizarre! What era was it??

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I wonder, since you and your mom both are of Scottish ancestry and both of you seem to be drawn to that place do you think it is possible that you actually lived as one of your ancestors there? I have read about several cases where family members remember being other family members in previous lives. So it seems totally probable to me anyways. I have never felt like I really belong in Louisiana. Its too flat and gets hotter than a June bride here. However I love to go to Arkansas and go camping there because I feel at home in the mountains and in the coolness. Every time I am in mountainous terrain I feel more at home than I do in the home I have lived all my life in. Even when I was stationed in Germany everyone always complained about the cold weather and overcast days with no sun. But I loved it.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I wonder, since you and your mom both are of Scottish ancestry and both of you seem to be drawn to that place do you think it is possible that you actually lived as one of your ancestors there? I have read about several cases where family members remember being other family members in previous lives. So it seems totally probable to me anyways.

Seems to be plausible, at least.

The only other thing that might 'explain' it is a collective, or "inherited" memory.
Honestly, I don't know. I do, however, feel that ONE LIFETIME is simply not enough to accomplish what we're here to do. It takes several to experience fully what "human" is.

Again, my opinion.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Hmm. I had not really thought about genetic memories. Maybe in a way experiences like this are just genetic memories passed down from our ancestors through DNA or something? There have been cases of people that have recieved organ transplants recieving traits and memories from their donors. I have no idea how something like that would work but just because I don't understand something does not mean it cannot be done. I do believe truth really is stranger than fiction.
edit on 27-2-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I personally had an experience that sort of left me taken aback and wondering....wtf?!

I have two sons, one is 11 and the other is 6. My six year old was born nine months to the day that my grandmother (whom I was very close to) died. Well...first I have to give a little back information for this to make sense.

When I first started out on my own, after college, my grandma was sick, so I was spending more time than usual with her. At that time I felt a little lost, and on my own in the world. We were sitting in her living room and I asked her, "Gram, when am I going to feel like a grown up? I still feel like a kid who doesn't know anything about the world I'm living in." And then she said "You'll never feel like a grown up. Because the world is about learning, and there are so many lessons."

Fast forward to my youngest son at 4 years old. I'm giving him a bath, and he looks at me, and he says "Mommy, do you feel like a grown up yet?" It kind of threw me for a loop, and I ask him what he meant. He just said, "Don't you remember when you asked me that?"

Take from it what you will. I suppose it could be coincidence, but I feel like it had meaning, and it actually comforted me in a way. At that point in my life I really wasn't a big believer in anything as far as God/afterlife were concerned. I felt like that little tidbit came at a time when I really needed some reassurance.
edit on 27-2-2013 by U4ea82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I've been able to verify 2 dreams of past lives so far. The first one I've posted about on here before, it was of me being shot by 2 British soldiers during the American Revolution. I had this dream when I was about 13 years old, and it always stuck in the back of my mind. It would randomly pop up in my mind and gave me the feeling that I HAD to find out who this woman was.

For a reminder I'll describe the dream for anyone who may not have read it before. I'm a woman holding a baby standing by the door like I'm expecting someone to show up. Next, the door is open and there is an officer and 2 soldiers standing outside. The scene jumps again and I'm trying to run through the parlor towards some back room in the house, but I'm shot right in front of the fire place. I woke up right after that.

So fast forward to last year after years of trying to find an account of any woman shot by soldiers during the AR, I read about a woman named Hannah Caldwell who was indeed shot but the stories of how she was shot varies. Some say she was shot through a window in a backroom after nursing her infant. Another says she was shot by a stray bullet. And another was she was shot in the parlor because she wouldnt give the whereabouts of her husband who was wanted by the British.

Also, last December I had the idea to look up pictures of the house she was shot in, and found a youtube video of an older man giving a tour of the house and telling a story of what happened. The story goes that the house was burned down after she was shot, but they had rebuilt it a year or so later. While watching that video, I almost cried at how closely the house looked to the one in my dream. It even had the fire place just the way I saw it in my dream.

The other dream I had was of being a Native man on an island. There were at least 4 others with me but I didn' pay them much attention. We were all standing by the mouth of a bay watching a ship sail by. This ship was fairly tiny, but from the small height we were standing the tops of the masts( I guess thats what they're called. i don' know much about ships) were about as tall as we were, maybe a little taller. But what got my attention was the large red cross on one of them. I was staring at this ship go by like it was the coolest thing ever. Lol As the ship sailed by, I got the name Antigua in my head. Then the scene changed and I got the image of a man who I think was me. He had a sort of bowl haircut and the bottom half of his face was smudged black. To me he looked like a native you would find in Brazil. Maybe thats where he was from originally...

Anyways, after doing research on the island of Antigua, I read that Christopher Columbus landed there for a short time and met a few natives but left due to lack of safe drinking water. Another man came along later but drove what few natives who were there away, but again left for the same reason. It was interesting to me anyways, because although I always had an interest in the AR, I never though much of Antigua. I've heard OF it, but didn' know its history. Oh, and I found pics of the place we were standing in my dream. It is now called English Bay I believe. Pretty cool stuff.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Cancerwarrior,

I don't have anything as vivid as what you describe, but I did have a situation arise with a friend one night when he and I were drinking and hanging out. We were BSing like usual and somehow we got onto the subject of our friendship and relationship and he said that I knew why were friends and that we had done this before but that we hadn't always gotten along. I was surprised and a little confused and at first I told him that I didn't know what he meant and he replied very matter of factly, "yes you do, and we haven't always been on the same side."

It was about that moment that I had this surreal mental vision of a very bad and terrible battlefield with a horseman wearing an ancient style helmet, late Bronze age maybe early Iron age. It was a vision of this horseman sitting atop of a horse along a ridgeline above the battlefield near sunset and I was looking up at this individual. It gave me almost naseauos feeling when this happened. After this happened I just kind of shook it off and figured it was the late night and the booze, but it reminded me of the first time I met this guy face to face where we worked together.

We first saw each other about a block away from one another the week before he came to work with me. We locked eyes on each other and walked straight on to each other, neither one of us giving an inch on the side walk, and we brushed by one another we just looked each other over almost looking for a fight. I had never seen this guy in my life, but it felt like we were going throw down right there. The next week I walk into my shop and this guy is standing behind the counter like he owns the place. I just stop dead in my tracks and we check each other out real close up. You could feel the tension in the place. He reaches out his hand and introduces himself and I introduce myself and he says, "we're going to have to learn to get along." No mind you I just shook this off at the time as two guys with a lot of testosterone going on. The usual guy stuff. But when this other incident occured 2 years later it all starting making sense.

It was not long after that that I had a kind of awakening about a lot of things and the reincarnation stuff starting to become important to me and I started a lot of reading and personal research and I now am a believer, even though I have no real evidence to support my beliefs.

Just my two cents.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Really good post, although I've never truly experienced Deja-Vu this intense, there have been a few instances where I knew in my mind what was going to happen next, but I couldn't say or do anything to change it or voice that I knew what was going to happen until it was over and it already happened. Deja-Vu is some weird stuff man.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yah when I died once and never came back
jk.

But no.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

My great grandmother was from a family that immigrated from Scotland to Missouri. Her mother became pregnant through rape and gave the child (my great grandmother) to a Catholic nunnery. They left her with money to care for her and a record of her ancestry.

I can't recall the year that I fell off the cliff in Scotland, but I feel that is had to have been early 1800's or late 1700's.

I do believe that, many times, we do re-enter into our physical families, as we have created bonds that don't cease due to death. I do believe that there are soul groups that meet, life time and after time. However, our spiritual families may be spread out through out the globe!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by U4ea82

THAT is an incredible, erm, amazing story!! Thanks so much for sharing it.

Kinda makes your hair stand on end, eh??

It did mine, and it's your story!

edit on 27-2-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this in any of the comments yet...

but I highly recommend reading any of the books written by Brian Weiss MD.

He is a leading expert on past life regression therapy and has witnessed many many miraculous events and tales from those he has regressed back to their past lives.
Definitely worth checking out.

So far, the only work of his that I have read personally is 'Only Love is Real.' But I really loved it.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by U4ea82

Now you just gave me goose bumps!!

I had an Aunt that was something of a 'substitute' Grandmother, as my Mother's mother had died before I was born....she was childless herself, but mothered her siblings and their children, could be somewhat stern with me, but would temper it with a funny 'sideways' look ....When she was older she had trouble with her hands, but had always been mindful of her nails and would have me file them for her when I visited. She had a distinctive crook to one of her pinkies.

When my daughter was born shortly after Aunt Em died.....I had considered naming my daughter after her, but changed my mind at the last. When they first put my daughter into my arms, she grabbed one of my fingers with a surprisingly strong grip.....her nails were perfect, just like she'd been to the salon, her pinkie had a crook like Em's and she cut me that funny sideways look....It took my breath, I actually said, "Emmie, is that you?"!

My daughter has exhibited many of the strong personality traits that Em had.....she might have just inherited them, but I still wonder.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
In 1973 I was three year's of age, a strange occurance happened as I was sitting in the back of my mother's mini as we drove to see her friend in Huyton Mersyside England, we lived in lancashire and I had never been there, as both myself and My mother remember I started insisting My name was John and as I remember it (though due to the time that has passed and my age at the time my recollection may be dubiouse) a flood of memory's like waking up overcame me and I felt I had to keep hold of it as it slipt away from me, I remembered very few car's parked on the street's and wearing threadbear tweed pant's, jacket and cloth cap with my shoe's being very worn out, I had a walking cane was a small old man in his eightie's and people used to say good morning john to me, the car's were 1940's-50's style at the latest,. I gave my mother whom to quote her had the hair's on the back of her kneck standing up at her three year old boy talking like this, I said there was a shop around the corner we were just about to drive around and it's name and lo and behold it was there, then a pub but after that I returned to being the little boy.

Personally I don't believe in Reinacarnation but that a child is sensative sometime's and like a blank vessel exposed to the vibration's of what was there before or perhap's a spiritual attempt to reincarnate by taking a child over but to me true reincarnation is to be reborn and not to take a child over.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I've posted about my experiences with meditation and Vajrayana Buddhism before on ATS. Reincarnation was, at one time, a subject that really worried and mystified me. I spent a couple of years early in my Buddhist experience very perplexed about reincarnation. Reincarnation, rebirth in samsara over and over again, is the fundamental reason for Buddhism and Hinduism.

I had had a couple of meditation induced memories that made me think that perhaps I had been someone else in another, past, life. These were very odd dreams that seemed to have no connection with my present life.

One time, as a result of meditation, I had a dream of being in my mother's arms, really a memory of being in my mother's arms as a very young child, breast feeding and thinking, within the memory, "I got lucky this time."

There are other things, but they are crowned by a blessing I received from a very, very great lama. He visited our center once and my guru must have spoken to him about my puzzlement and anxiety about reincarnation. He gave me some instructions and afterward, when I went to sleep, I had a vivid dream of . . . my own conception.

The process, from the other side. The conditions and what I did in order to be born.

That's all I can say about that.

There are people who are greater than politicians and movie stars and rock stars in this world, but among even these great people, there are troubled people whom one should avoid.

Navigation in life is uncertain. Connections are karmic.

As ET said, "Be good." Everything follows from that.

edit on 27-2-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
When I was a little girl, I was introduced to the story of "The Secret Garden", which starts out in India. I always had a special feeling about that story. Later on, my Dad would bring me records of Ravi Shankar. This type of music was always natural to me. As a teen I learned yoga and meditation. Later on in life I would have an Indian friend tell me he felt I had a Hindu soul. The concepts of karma and reincarnation have always felt natural to me. When I finally went to India later in life, we traveled to Banaras. Driving through the streets, I felt as if it was my home. All the little cobblestone alleys, the river with all the ghats, everything seemed to me to be familiar. Then floating down the dark river Ganges in the full moon was a mystical experience hardly possible to describe. Looking down over the black water.
I am certain I have had many lifetimes in India.
Another friend said he could see me as an Indian princess, and had a vision of me in a particular temple.

Here is a link to Banaras

oops wrong link, that was from helping a friend troubleshoot..

sacredsites.com...
edit on 27-2-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join