It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever had an experience that changed your mind about Reincarnation??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

My earliest memory is sitting on the floor in a room with dark wood panelled walls, watching Jimmy Carter on an old TV giving a presidential speech.

I wasn't alive when he was president. It wasn't until I was older that I put that together. "Oh yeah, he wasn't president when I was born..."

So, I think past lives play a role in reincarnation.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

My earliest memory is sitting on the floor in a room with dark wood panelled walls, watching Jimmy Carter on an old TV giving a presidential speech.

I wasn't alive when he was president. It wasn't until I was older that I put that together. "Oh yeah, he wasn't president when I was born..."

Or you were watching crappy reruns of political speeches when you were a kid (or your parents were and you were just sort of forced to watch it).

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have repeatedly remembered living as not fully human. What's the species just before we evolved into humans?

Anyway, the memory is always of a rather hairy and naked me sitting on a rock and I'm all alone. The area is flatland as far as the eye can see, arid, and with very little plant life about. I get the feeling my tribe was killed off, either by another tribe or a big animal. I am so lonely. Judging by the lack of water in the area, I'm probably going to die soon.

Then again, it could be just a recurring daydream. I dunno.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well, we never lived in a place with dark wood panneling (it was an old trailer). That, and I was a female at the time.

But I do see your logic!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

You know the way I tend to treat my own past life impressions and memories is fairly straight forward. As others mention with this, there is a not-so-fine line between imagination or wishful thinking and what I refer to as deep past memory.

Aside from those I have verified in the real world as having existed or still do exist as places I've not otherwise been or seen? I trust my gut. The "gut", in my opinion, is a 1/4 million years of evolution helping to guide us on what is right, wrong or a serious threat to our safety. I know a couple times I've ignored that gut feeling related to threats I couldn't understand, I've regretted it badly. So, I trust it for this too.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Since before I could remember I wanted to be something.. Now that I can't be that my life seems lost. I have to make it up as I go now, but I can't ever do what I was supposed to anymore.. The first book I ever bought was from a book fair in kindergarten. Rugrats? Ninja turtles? Goosebumps? Box car children? Haha... Nope..

I bought "D-DAY, JUNE 6, 1944"

I read the book in first grade after finally getting that reading thing down.

I have regrets about WWII for some reason.. I think I pussied out and people died I could have saved or something. I wanted to go back and do it right.

All I ever read about was world war 2.. It's all I cared about, and I was upset in school when they skipped over all the wars.. Seemed they thought presidents and art was more important than war. I wanted to understand.. Why did we have to fight?

I joined the Army. It's all I ever wanted to do. Then I got discharged with one working ear.. My soul had made some deal before I got here. I wan't aloud to be in the Army it seems.. Some powerful being asked me "do you wish to die and start over?" as he pointed to a sandbox (Iraq).. My soul answered NO as my ego screamed yes.. My soul was what was being asked, I didn't get to filter it, and it felt un fair.. I thought my purpose was to be in war.. It's the only part of life that made sense to me. Was it because I was afraid of life? maybe.. I think I have always been in war..

Now what?

ehh I dunno.. I get dejavu all the time though.. Mine is proven to not be false memory.. I can call out the next moments for up to 20 minutes sometimes.. I actually know the future when it happens. OR is it the past?? How many times do I have to do this?????

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Greetings,

I have been involved in "new thought" philosophy for over 50 years and have had my own "re" incarnation experiences. I am a trained, licensed and registered "spiritual mind practitioner" and that opens the door for some interesting experiences.

My youngest daughter is a reincarnation of my deceased brother who passed on in his early thirties. A few years later my wife became pregnant (age 40 ) and instances occurring before her birth and some after her birth were so specific to him/her that there is no doubt that it was my brother returning.

More recently my wife and I started re-attending church and while we wee gone the church had a new minister who is a black Caribbean woman. When we first met it was as if I had personally known her from before. She had the same reaction.I am white.

The minister incorporates some Negro songs so that the group can experience (?) some of the feelings of the slaves of past times. One song I had an extremely strong reaction to when the words I rather go to my grave than be a slave came up. This aroused my curiosity so I have a method that I use to ask yes/no questions to my higher self. Long story short, I was a slave and she was my brother. She was also my wife in an earlier life.

I believe a mass change in consciousness is in progress and that more and more of us are going to have experiences of past life recall.

I believe this most recent one of mine happened so that I could help heal the trauma of that experience, which I have been doing thru a process of forgiveness and compassion.

The experience that we are eternal and one with each other and the Creator though these recalls is a true blessing. My all your recalls be a blessing for you.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
My Mum thinks Im my great grandmother!!

My Mum was practically raised by her grandmoother due to her mother and father working all the time.

When my Mum got pregnant with me it was mainly her Nan she got advice from went shopping with etc.
When my mum went into labour the first thing she did was call her then went to the hospital, sadly she died while my Mum was in labour just 7 hrs before I was born.

Move forward a few years and we were at my great grandfathers house, mum and my GG were having a coffee and I found my way into a photo album, all of a sudden I ran up to Mum with 1 of them and pointing at my great grand parents wedding pic I said "I remember that day", Mum didnt think to much of it then a few months later we were driving through a part of town Id never been, I tried to stand up in my seat and when mum asked me to sit down I said "but I used to live in that street" it was the street of the first home my great grandparents lived in after they got married.

The next year 1 day I was home from playgroup for some reason and was tearing around the house while mum watched TV, for some reason as I ran past the telly I stopped dead and started watching, it as the Ray Martin show which, for non Aussies, is basically a boring mid morning talk show. Istood there transfixed for a full 5 min till the ads came on then I snapped back and went back to running around, Mum was a bit confused and she asked what I was watching I turned and said "that used to be favourite show, I watched it everyday" I was my great grandmothers favourite show.

I dont remember any of this of course but my parents do, my Mum is convinced Im her Nan my dad just thinks its coincidence, me Im not sure but I do believe in reincarnation, to me its the only thing that makes sense

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

You know, the life you saved, when you soul made it decision not to go to war, may not have been yours, but someone you loved.

Maybe there is someone alive today, because you didn't choose death, that will be, or has been an important person in your life / lives.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Warrior, every time the enactment takes place the records from those battles with the fear and everything else that goes along with them is brought back to life by the Akashic records. So all that were participating were in reality awakening those records of war.

Ever notice that anytime someone dies on a highway their is a white marker placed in the location of the death that new accidents with new markers start showing up. There is now a record of those deaths and that energy attracts like energy. Everything that was felt, everything that caused the accidents are now being tapped into by others.

There are horrific records in those battle re-enactments and every they do it they are keeping those records alive. It is time to halt the re-enactments and have the energies of those areas transmuted.

Maybe that is why that area is so prone to earthquakes and the Great New Madrid Fault. At some point in time the Earth is going to have to deal with those dense dark energies.
edit on 26-2-2013 by prophetboy12 because: Add One last thing

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Dustytoad

You know, the life you saved, when you soul made it decision not to go to war, may not have been yours, but someone you loved.

Maybe there is someone alive today, because you didn't choose death, that will be, or has been an important person in your life / lives.

You know, you are very right..
Gotta give you props for knowing that.
tried to leave it out of the story.

edit on 2/26/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
A person I am very close with has always "known" that their most recent lives were ended as an American GI in Vietnam and prior to that in a concentration camp in Europe during the war.

I believe that died from falling down stairs before. I have a really difficult time with taking that first step and I can't go on escalators at all -the vision of moving stairs puts me into a sheer panic.. It's been that way my whole life and has gotten worse as I have gotten older. There is no logical rationale for it at all.

When my son was little, he made several comments that led us to believe he had been here before. A colleague informed us one day that he was speaking perfect Spanish and even had an excellent accent. He had no access to Spanish speakers. That faded away by the time he was in his 3's, but he retains his liking of Spanish girls and foods:-)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I haven't really had an experience like yours but I have been curious about reincarnation. I have always felt like I am older than my peers, it's like I have an old soul or something. I just don't make the mistakes that most kids my age do because I just feel like I have already gone through it and I know better than to repeat it. I know it sounds stupid but it's just how I feel.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Yes, I have always known since I was a little girl that I have lived before, this isn't my first go around on Earth. I remember being overly excited to come back. This is why I feel as though my life this time holds a greater purpose than the one before.

When taught against it, I denied the teaching and moved on until I came across a belief/beliefs that do in fact teach reincarnation.

MANY recall past lives, so it should be hard to discount the experience. What else do we have besides experience? Everything we do is one..

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
double post ... strange.
edit on 2/26/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

I think your post was just reincarnated, that's all

Looking at your name, I can't but assume you are a cancer survivor, or in the middle of a bout? I am a cancer survivor and have been in remission for about 11 years now. Let me tell you something. Back when I was diagnosed, I was a confirmed atheist-nihilist and thought I had the entire cosmos figured out.

I am currently writing a memoir on the experiences that not only changed my life and my attitude, but also my outlook. I am now a practicing devotee of a hodgepodge of a lot of Eastern tenets of spirituality; with the karma, dharma, reincarnation, and moksha cycle being at the forefront of my thoughts. I have been trying to find a single event or trigger all these years that have lead to my drastic change.

It was never one single event, but plenty of those instances of fear/deja vu/and 'knowing'. When I was sick with the cancer, I saw a Beatles documentary and they got to the part about India and meditation etc. I was half-lucid but once I saw the part about meditation, I just 'knew,' YES, that makes sense to me! Once I made that connection, a lot of the pieces started falling together in the most incredible ways. I was changing my idea about a lot of things, practicing them, and witnessing the evidence of my new beliefs that have been cemented in my life.

As far as the fear/ deja vu...I mostly have this experience when the subject of drowning or asphyxiation comes up. There has always been one major fear that has followed me throughout my life since I was very young. I've always been afraid of drowning. I love the water, but haven't swam in many, many years for fear of drowning and being submerged. By the way, I grew up and live in a desert, so it's not like bodies of water were an everyday problem for me.

I did eventually visit a man who claimed to be a psychic-medium. Without telling him any info or giving him any clues about my past--I just simply said "Hey, tell me what you see in me." He said something like, "You're here to answer to another lifetime. You drowned building a dyke in Holland, about 400 years ago..when you were about 20 years old. You got swept away in a river and died. You're here to answer to that experience."

I'm not sure in what way I'm here to answer to that, but as he spoke the details, I was crying a stream of tears just trying to picture the images he described, "The other dam-builders pulled your body out of the water and brought it to your mom...you and your mom had an argument about doing this job. She never forgave herself. She's here with you now in this lifetime as a mother again." I have only genuinely cried a few times in my life, and this was one of them. I didn't even cry once in the 3 years of my cancer battle. I couldn't explain it. The emotion just poured out of me as he spoke. The cancer? my lungs were riddled with about 20 golf-ball sized tumors.

I can't convince you, but as I cried I just 'knew' that was correct. And my mom is deathly afraid of water as well. She won't even set foot in a swimming pool and sits far away from the waves at the beach. She hates water and won't go near it. Oh yeah, and we used to argue a lot too

The experiences of deep meditation have also lead me to other outlooks, but I find the fear of water example to be one of the most intriguing.
edit on 26-2-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by prophetboy12

Warrior, every time the enactment takes place the records from those battles with the fear and everything else that goes along with them is brought back to life by the Akashic records. So all that were participating were in reality awakening those records of war.

Your post is interesting. I've thought of this before, but you've really said it well.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I am not sure about reincarnation. Which is really strange, because as far back as I can remember, I believed without a doubt that I lived before as different people. Ordinary, salt of the earth people, simple, troubled, living hard, rough lives for the most part.

I had/have strong affinity to places and times that make no sense for me to have. I won't go into details here, but have had glimpses of moments from lives and deaths.

But, more recently, I've been trying to understand Time and space/time, and parallel universes/dimensions, and so forth. I've thought about the ramifications of having an Oversoul. About all time happening at once, so does that mean my past/present/futue incarnations are all happening NOW? If time is an illusion, then I'm not being "reincarnated" as much as "focusing" on one "life" more than another at any given moment of Now
Hhhmm. Makes my head hurt! I've read that if you work on changing something about yourself now, like being a kinder or more calm person, you impact your past and future.

We've all met people that we have instant like, dislike, fear or love for. Likely we've been "living lives" together, in varying roles.

Not sure what I believe, and would never begin to tell anyone what is Truth, but I cannot explain my glimpses and knowings easily with "conventional" thinking. I used to want to find a past live regression hypnotist and dig into things, but now, it seems trivial -- because all I have is this moment, and the power is in this moment -- choice.

Have enjoyed the thread.

edit on 26-2-2013 by Galadriel because: typo

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Great thread! Some really moving stories from you and your responders as well.

As someone earlier mentioned, I too have had some dreams that are very detailed....In one I also looked into a mirror and did not recognize the face that looked back. When I turned from the mirror and looked out onto the street, I knew where I was immediately and felt a sudden rush of joy, thinking " I'm back! I'm here !" but as I opened the door and ran out onto the porch, I woke up.

In another such dream, I was dressed in a rough, longish brown dress with a white apron , and high top button shoes....I was about 10 years old and wanted to wade in the stream that was flowing behind 'our' house, as my little brother was doing........but after staring down at my brown somewhat scuffed shoes for a moment, thinking thru how much trouble they would be to get off, with all those buttons, I decided against it and called for my brother to get out of the water so we could go to the house....it always seemed like more of a memory than a dream....When I woke up , I was left with a feeling that I really hated those shoes.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I would say yes.

Since I was a child, I had memories that didn't seem to belong. They belonged to a Belorussian Soviet WW2 Soldier, Infantry I believe. There are some things I regretted doing, but had to do because of orders. My clearest memories of that life is going off to a farm house with some other uniformed men. There we were going to pick up a family to send off to a work camp. The family consisted of a mother afew kids, a father and an elderly couple. The elderly couple wasn't complying, and I was forced to shoot them due to orders. I was 3 1/2-4 years old with that memory. I also had odd dreams involving snow covered bombed factories in a destroyed city.

I think one thing that also hints to it was this "feel" this pulling sensation towards anything related to Russia. For Instance, Before I was born, my Father, being in the military was with a Canadian Military group visiting Vkadivostok before Russia had stopped being the Soviet Union. He was given a Russian/English Hockey stats book by a Russian family there. I once took a look at the Russian book and got these odd chills down my spine, the 4 year old me said "I know these letters, I feel like I know them".

It was interesting to say the least. Interestingly, my parents thought I had a past life in WW2 because of my absolute fear for War sirens (the fire department back in my hometown used one for drills). Something about the sound of an air raid siren sends this paralyzing anxious feel down my body. I get what the OP is talking about.

And boy am I glad that my parents are non-religious and open-minded about paranormal and psychic phenomena, or else I may not have the views I do today. I believe in Reincarnation 100%.
edit on 26-2-2013 by VoidFire because: iPod touch being finicky

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Interesting thread. Some really cool posts

Deja Vu I have experienced a lot and quite strongly throughout my life.

SaturnFX mentioned the idea of re-living your same life.

If existence is infinite.. If the physical Universe is infinite, by either re-creating itself or perpetuating through multi-verses eternally, it seems to suggest we would be reborn infinite times. Given an infinite amount of time the exact same conditions would occur. Given an infinite amount of time if would keep occurring endlessly.

I wonder if Deja Vu is related to that. Now sure how to feel about that prospect. It seems meaningless but I like the idea of existing again..

As for 'Past-Life'. I have had a re-occurring dream since I was a child. Haven't had it in a few years. This is a dream I have had a lot Basically I am in a room with a team. I don't know what kind of team except I am a part of it. It's a room in a ship. A spaceship or submarine. Same thing happens each time I have this dream. My team is shutting down the equipment in the room. I get the impression we are going into some suspended animation. Like a deep sleep or cryogenics or something. That's it... and then ironically I wake up!

This stands out to me because it's one of the few re-occurring dreams I have. It's the oldest re-occurring dream. It also has an especially surreal feel to it. Like surreal compared to normal dreams. I dunno. It's hard to describe. If it is a 'past-life' that would seem to mean the past-life was on another planet since I strongly get the impression the tech is very advanced in this 'ship'. Unless we really did have an advanced ancient civilization on Earth.

Any ways. That's all I got!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join