It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Immigration & Customs Enforcement Frees Detainees(who could have been freed months ago) Ahead of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
So ICE and Janet Napolitano in their infinite wisdom have gone ahead and released some detainees throughout the country ahead of the sequester, which has been/is being utterly blown out of proportion considering the numbers reported by the MSM are apparently twice what they are in reality! We're talking about 1% of our $3.6T budget and they are freeing detainees now??

They are said to be "low priority" detainees but who really knows, and what a waste of taxpayer dollars housing them, only to release them back into the US population - and before the sequester has even happened!! No wonder we're in such a hole financially!

On top of that, apparently some(or possibly all) are detainees who could have been released sooner, months ago in some cases! Given this administration's past and current behavior, I really wouldn't be surprised if these people have been held in custody in anticipation of the sequester, specifically so they could be used to further the agenda via fear mongering.

www.huffingtonpost.com... dl11%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D275326

edit on 26-2-2013 by Gtr003121 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Gtr003121

Sequester isn't about amount. After all, our genius of a Treasury Secretary and criminal of a Federal Reserve Bank chairman have collectively added over 80 BILLION PER MONTH in slush spending to buy bad debt and busted mortgages. That is since September by just Q-E 3 and operation Twist. So EACH MONTH has about the same being spent, off the books and clear into fantasy land debt figures than sequester seems to be aimed at.

The problem isn't the amount but WHAT the amount is targeted at. It isn't a matter of "cut xx% from budgets". They designed this nightmare well to try and force deals to be made so no one would allow this to happen. Why? The cuts are SPECIFIC and targeted. How much damage can 85 billion really do in cuts? We're about to find out because the cuts are SPECIFIC to those areas MOST damaged by them. It's a factor many people aren't appreciating while focused purely on dollar amounts, IMO.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for the reply. Why is it that the cuts are being applied in the most detrimental fashion? Clearly this doesn't have to be the situation it is being made into.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

That's the whole point to this and why it's such a scary thing to actually see happen.

The cuts were never planned as cuts. They were specifically assembled with the INTENT that it be SO bad as a thing to see happen, Congress would *HAVE* to pass what was needed. It was meant as a bluff too ugly and harmful to ever call, and so, the end result would be had. The cats on Capital Hill would be herded as needed and all would work out. Remember this?

Supercommittee announces failure in effort to tame debt

It's all been a part of a game no one expected to see played out. Again, the downside of playing it to the end was supposed to insure it never was.

Errr.... Someone made a bad bad mistake in judgement by assuming Congress could be forced into deal making by threat of consequence, no matter HOW bad it may be, apparently. I don't even get political over this right now. Boehner could have worked to solve this and he hasn't. Obama could have worked to solve this. HE hasn't. Neither of them are doing anything but looking at political angles to benefit from while they help set the torches that sees Rome burn.

It's an incredible thing to see them allow to happen, isn't it? Their OWN version of a CREATED worst case scenario.....and even now, politics on both sides rules the day. To heck with the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Just wait, they will start freeing federal prison inmates next.

I wouldn't put it past them.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

As if everything else happening wasn't enough, this really takes the cake as far as showing how incredibly broken and unfixable the system really is. We all understand the absolute necessity of decreased spending but to come up with this pittance of a "cut" and then engineer it to apply in the most damaging ways possible, while those who can correct it choose to watch rather than act, it's just beyond words. These people always seem to find a way to sink to a lower level, and at the expense of everyone else. What a zoo.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

But the 'so bad' cuts are not even close to what needs to be done.

IMO.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Oh I agree. Just like the OP says as well. We all know cuts are needed. The level of cutting when we're approaching half our budget in red line debt spending is going to be extreme. No way around that. It's going to be VERY painful, I'm sure.

The thing is.... I can find ways to live with that pain. Somehow...if I know it's actually accomplishing something and we're all suffering the misery together. Shared sacrifice is sacrifice we can all endure. We have before. This 'sequestering' is OBSCENE and infuriating.

If anyone has forgotten, I'd also really want to add here.....THIS was the issue that Obama specifically ordered layoff notices be issued after the election, in direct violation of Federal Law. This was all supposed to blow up on Jan 1..but they gave the can a good kick down the road and got about 2 months more time for the effort. Had it gone as planned though, it would have made for an Unhappy New Year and those layoff notices were statutory requirements within time frames.

After White House assurances, Lockheed won't send out layoff notices

To feign surprise or shock now, by ANY of the politicians is so dishonest as to defy imagination. They've been facing doomsday on this for MONTHS now. Both parties. Neither has done a thing. Welcome to American Politics, 21st Century style, eh? The damage to the public is meaningless if it gets EITHER side a little advantage for the next elections. I could just be sick while watching this happen.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Completely agree!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Oh I agree. Just like the OP says as well. We all know cuts are needed. The level of cutting when we're approaching half our budget in red line debt spending is going to be extreme. No way around that. It's going to be VERY painful, I'm sure.

The thing is.... I can find ways to live with that pain. Somehow...if I know it's actually accomplishing something and we're all suffering the misery together. Shared sacrifice is sacrifice we can all endure. We have before. This 'sequestering' is OBSCENE and infuriating.

I think many of us would be willing to accept some pain if, as you said, we knew it was an actual, honest solution to help get us back on track. Despite the pain, I think it would be helpful for us to sacrifice some of the waste and especially, to be in it together. Most of this country has become so disconnected from the realities of the world, it's sickening. It would do us some collective good imo.

Of course you have to wonder what it would take even if enough people were willing. That would be a very hard sell with the well established dishonesty/corruption and financial waste of those at the top. Who can trust them?? And with the Federal Reserve or another privately owned central bank in play it would never happen, and should never happen in such a system. The current fiat banking system is an outright fraud and is the ultimate evil, nothing will ever stand a chance of improving until that system is out.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Once again, in an effort to distant itself from any accountability, the WH says they knew nothing about this. What a disturbing trend. The WH didn't know about Benghazi, Fast and Furious, and now this...

Sgt. Shultz for president anyone..

The White House and the Department of Homeland Security were unaware of Immigration Customs and Enforcement's decision to release detainees until the agency announced it, administration officials said Wednesday.

"This was a decision made by a career officials at ICE without any input from the White House, as a result of fiscal uncertainty over the continuing resolution, as well as possible sequestration," White House press secretary Jay Carney said Wednesday.

Personnel at Department of Homeland Security headquarters in Washington were also unaware of the decision until the announcement was made, a department official told POLITICO.

If you believe that nonsense, I've got a bridge to sell you...

www.politico.com...

They NEVER know anything that just might make them look bad... I guess they would rather look incompetent.

edit on 27-2-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Each government agency will choose the worst possible things to cut just to make their point. Instead of cutting free cell phones, they will choose to cut fire prevention. Instead of cutting fraud and waste, they will lay off ambulance drivers. Get ready to see planned devastation instead of common sense cuts that would have no real effect on American citizens. They will throw orphans out into the street before they cut those trips to Las Vegas.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
If I could have one wish, it would be that millions would flood every reps office with demands for an audit of the fed. It's time we KNOW where OUR money is going. A true accounting of where every dime went for the past 2 decades, then theft, fraud and treason charges to follow. Hey if your going to dream, might as well dream big right.

Nice assessment wrabbit, it really sucks how many don't see this for what it is. I've been watching the building blocks for this train wreck since the 80's, looks like the end game is finally coming into play. They are fully prepared to get caught, outright busted, in all their lies and deceptions. As a population we are struggling just to make ends meet, the power brokers have 1000's of brainwashed battle hardened troops that will slaughter any resistance, they have their private security forces and bunkers in place. Not much left to do but watch it burn, and for all those that have called me a paranoid nutjob for decades...HAHA told ya so.

No one saw it with Reagan, he was the greatest ever
No one saw it with Busch 1.1 or 1.2 , former head of the CIA for prez, sure why not
No one saw it with Clinton, we were to mad at a little head
No one saw it with Busch 2.1 but started getting the hint for 2.2
No one saw it with Obama, don't be a racist it's time for change

It's to late to open our scope of vision little by little, but if we rip the blinders off all at once, what we see will blind us.
edit on 28-2-2013 by JeffreyCH because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I suspect that if your brother or cousin were among those released, you would agree with the government's assessment that they were low value.

top topics

join