It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is trickery ok in order to "bust" an illegal alien or, illegal aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
this question came to mind today as i was at the barber shop, listening to the spanish NEWS. i don't watch the news....well, i don't watch tv. i hate it, i really do. i think if everyone in this world would shoot their tv and become independent thinkers...this world would be free. lol no but seriously, i was actually paying attention to what they were saying in the spanish news and it mentioned that immigration patrol was setting up or, scheduling "fake" buses that would pick up "immigrants" then deport them.
it seemed so unrealistic at first but, "i guess" it's true....(i don't believe the news...ever but, just an observation i made)

my intention of mine isn't to prove or try to prove that the government is doing such thing but, just asking ATS members their opinion on doing such thing.

is it ok of our government to set "traps" such as buses, trains, or any type of TRICK to fool an undocumented being to being deported or charged for being here illegally?

IMO...well i have no opinion really :\
can't make my mind up...
any opinions from you ATS'ers?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Sure.

They set up traps all the time to catch criminals with outstanding warrants, "you won $1,000 from WXYZ radio, come pick up your prize". Hiding beside a building with a radar gun to catch speeders. The list goes on, and on, and on,,,,

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

right...criminals.
but what makes immigrants criminals? being here illegally? that's just something that would be illegal in our society but what about morally?.....

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Was it okay for them to violate our laws and walk across our borders as if they owned the place? Was it okay that they just slap the face of every legal immigrant in the system now, working to earn that residency card or citizenship? My own mom is an immigrant from a nearby nation, although I was born here. She was legal and her family went through all the hassle required in the 50's to come into this nation.

In that way? Yeah, it's fair for ICE to do whatever to takes to deport these federal felons and get them OUT of our nation. They're more than welcome to the BACK of the line in trying to return, someday, as legal immigrants. Although they've shown pretty clearly that following laws and regulations of their host country if a matter of convenience and selective choosing, so I wouldn't count on it.

More space for the legal immigrants then and good for then, from all over and whatever nation they come from. Legal is all that matters for those who would ask we give them a place to live and share in what we've built here. It's the least we can not only ask but demand. Every other nation, including Mexico of all places, does the very same as they condemn us for it.

edit on 26-2-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

Stealing food is a social crime.

Child marriage is a social crime.

Polygamy is a social crime.

A crime is based on collected morals from society. I am not sure where you draw the line between a law and a moral.

The laws need to change on immigration. We need "good" immigrants (the same as we always have), We don't need "bad" immigrants (as we never have).

Good = people you would want as neighbors
Bad = people you wouldn't want as neighbors

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

pretty sure crossing a border illegally in ANY country on the planet, and setting up shop is illegal..........

So stop blaming America for that.......

Also you can preach about this Utopia till your blue in the face, where everyone is equal and unicorns fart skittles and crap rainbows...........

But its not reality.......this always seems to be the rebuttal of so many people ...."Oh well everyone in the world should be on the same footing, immigrants are humans not subhuman, people deserve to be happy" Well people also deserve to live in a society with a rule of law.........

(not directed at you just for clarification)

That being said, we should never break the law to enforce the law........
edit on 26-2-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus

Stealing food is a social crime.

Child marriage is a social crime.

Polygamy is a social crime.

stealing is something that we naturally see as wrong....child marriage (im not saying it's right) but, it's wrong cause of society or in our society along with polygamy.... get it?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

right...criminals.
but what makes immigrants criminals? being here illegally? that's just something that would be illegal in our society but what about morally?.....

right...criminals.

but what makes immigrants criminals?

Nothing makes immigrants criminals.

However, SNEAKING into almost any country worldwide ILLEGALLY is Illegal, thus making the person doing so a criminal.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

As long as the law isn't broken, what does it matter what method they use? Illegals can be very cunning individuals, they need to be, and require equally cunning tactics to catch. As long as nobody is getting hurt or mistreated then anything is fair play.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

They are illegal because? Just because you gave some arbitrary name to a bit of land and stuck a flag in the ground doesn't make it yours. All human beings should have the right to travel anywhere on this planet they wish to travel, and be able to live wherever they wish to live. Who are you to decide where another man can call home?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

I'm not deciding anything, the governments of each country decide their laws. Just as when I travel abroad I must abide by the laws of the country I am visiting, those choosing to come here must abide by our laws. That includes how I enter the country.

Try sneaking into Mexico or Russia and when you get caught try some namby-pamby BS like "who are you to decide where I go,I'm a human and should be able to go where I want". When, or better yet, if you get out, let us know how that worked out for you.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Tut Tut Tut

Some of the comments here

Surely the Native Americans are the only ones who can call others illegal immigrants in America. Look what Europeans did when they first settled on American soil.

Pretty sure that would be 'illegal' by today's standards.

edit on 26-2-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: typo

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Tut Tut Tut

Some of the comments here

Surely the Native Americans are the only ones who can call others illegal immigrants in America. Look what Europeans did when they first settled on American soil.

Pretty sure that would be 'illegal' by today's standards.

edit on 26-2-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: typo

We have come a long way since then. We are now the USA with laws and they must be enforced. Thousands of citizens have lost their lives because of illegals who come here without a health or background check. We have murderers, pedophiles, thieves, etc. that just waltz over the border or overstay a visa. Laws are for the safety of the people of this country. We can't just pick and choose which laws to follow and who will follow them.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

And the other side will argue "well you didnt have murderers or rapist there before!"

My response.....

Say a rapist breaks into your house.........i suppose with that line of thinking, having 4 or 5 more then, with you in your home, since you already have one.........is perfectly ok?

In short...........I agree with you.......

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys

They are illegal because? Just because you gave some arbitrary name to a bit of land and stuck a flag in the ground doesn't make it yours. All human beings should have the right to travel anywhere on this planet they wish to travel, and be able to live wherever they wish to live. Who are you to decide where another man can call home?

So I'm free to travel through your front door and live in what you call your home?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Looking at it from an illegal aliens perspective, there should be some play fair rules. Without documentation it is difficult to find work. The usual practice is to move to a "safe house" and obtain guidance from their fellow Latinos. Problem is there are a lot more Latino drug gang affiliated sources of guidance than there are Jaime Escalantes.

Many Latinos are Catholic and don't practice birth control, obviously once a child is born in the US it complicates matters further. Unfortunately I've seen many Latino fathers here in Florida out on the streets selling crack to support their new families. More conscientious Latino family members work in low pay undocumented positions as farm workers, maids etc. but its tempting to take the easy money from the drug trade.

So maybe a better question would be, is it OK to trick drug dealing illegal aliens that become greedy, violent miscreants poisoning our society?

top topics

join