It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I like ATS? It has something to do with ... bears.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Yes, bears.

Despite Stephen Colbert's threat assessment of these "godless killing machines", in many cases bears do provide a positive contribution to human society.

While my wife was attending a seminar about Lean Manufacturing, one of the speakers shared a story which seems to have its origins here.

I'm not going to repeat it in its entirety, however the moral of the story is that some ideas may seem totally incredible, outlandish, or even silly at first, but sometimes they are exactly what some of us need to relax our minds and simply allow the creative juices to flow, make connections that we normally would not have otherwise, and come up with some truly innovative solutions to complex problems.

And that, my friends, is one of the things I like most about ATS.

Thanks for reading, and may the bears help you too in your quest for knowledge and understanding.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by KyrieEleison

I likke what you said. It is true. I enjoy coming to ATS for those reasons also. Many times, I have been inspired and moved by what folks here have to say. I've learned a lot too. It's great to have a place to come to where one can share ideas and meet kindred spirits and such. There are days when I'm feeling bored or lonely or sad and then I come here and read something that gets my mind in a different direction. Some posts get me to thinking or wondering or questioning. Some posts can stir up anger, Others bring joy or amazement...The poems and short stories section can be relaxing, inspiring, entertaining and more. One thing, boredom rarely ensues when reading here.
Blessings and regards to you. ^j^

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences, it's amazing what we are capable of when we are allowed to just be ourselves without fear of being mocked. Some may take this concept and run with it in an egocentric direction, but overall I believe it would be an overwhelming net positive for everybody.

join