It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Joke! White House says Illegal Immigrants will Come!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Anyone remember the never ending immigration debate that has been laid out on our nation? Don't fear the illegals, They are people to, they have rights etc etc etc... Now Obama's minions are using the notion of increased Illegal Immigration as a Sequester Scare tactic to get his way. Really!! They will say anything...

Too funny.

In their latest effort to scare the country and lawmakers into dealing with the sequester, the White House is now saying that because of spending cuts to the Department of Homeland Security, there will be an increase in illegal immigration. According to the Washington Times,

The Obama administration on Monday warned the nation to expect an increase in illegal immigration if the automatic budget cuts go into effect Friday — the latest caution from a White House determined to raise the heat on congressional Republicans.

President Obama has framed the choice as one between higher taxes or lower security, bolstered by Homeland Security Secretary Janet A. Napolitano’s warning Monday that the U.S. Border Patrol will be forced to furlough agents, costing nearly a quarter of the workforce

townhall.com...

www.washingtontimes.com...

All because Obama can't figure out a way to cut 2% from his Budget.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Actually the really funny part is that people think that by adding more security at the border we'll stem the tide of illegal immigrants.
If you believe that then I have some swamp land to sell ya.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
What I really want to know is why when a government agency has to cut back their funding, the workers are the first to suffer. I know for a fact that not a single budget for any government agency in the U.S. is 100% allocated to staffing. Also this 2% reduction isn't really even a reduction. It's a decrease in the growth of the government. So the budget is still bigger than last year. In other words if we got by just fine last year why do we have to make such huge sacrifices to pay for agencies that are still getting a bigger budget than last year?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
What I really want to know is why when a government agency has to cut back their funding, the workers are the first to suffer. I know for a fact that not a single budget for any government agency in the U.S. is 100% allocated to staffing. Also this 2% reduction isn't really even a reduction. It's a decrease in the growth of the government. So the budget is still bigger than last year. In other words if we got by just fine last year why do we have to make such huge sacrifices to pay for agencies that are still getting a bigger budget than last year?

Exactly, they are not cutting funding, they are reducing the fundings expansion, so if they had enough to pay all their employees last year, why do they with an even bigger budget, now need to layoff a quarter of those same people?

It is a simple answer really, obama is a lying pos, so are every single member of his cabinet, and all of their subordinates.

Hey I know, last year my families income was $60, 000 roughly, I can not possibly pay the same bills as last year without a $20, 000 pay increase, otherwise I will have to drop off 2 of the 3 kids at orphanages, and walk to work, and only eat 1 meal a day........this is just a failure of logic at every possible turn, nothing he has ever said since I have seen him for the first time 6 years ago has been even reminiscent of the truth.

Maybe you guys could do your fellow countrymen a favor, and stop voting these idiots into, and back into public offices, I mean lets be real here for a second, this crap is not working out for any of us.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Obviously the government doesn't have to fold because of the sequester. However, Obama is threatening to choose to do so if the sequester goes through.

Perhaps that was the plan all along, to find an excuse to bring governance to a halt in some areas. It is simply too far-fetched for any rational imagination and the exact reason why it may come to pass. The goal, evidently, is not to score any political points, but to bring down the whole house of cards.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
this country was taken by force and disease by illegal immigrants 500+ years ago.
this land was once beautiful from shore to shore. now we have come to an economic bubble, and the blame game.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I think it's hilarious that a right wing
shill news site like Townhall says,
"Obama's resorting to scare tactics".
"News" orginazations like Town hall and the rest of the NRA,
Koch brothers, Alex Jones Scare Machine,
must be worried about losing work.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by jibeho

Actually the really funny part is that people think that by adding more security at the border we'll stem the tide of illegal immigrants.
If you believe that then I have some swamp land to sell ya.

Border security is no solution, I agree. However, NO solution can be found without that being in place. While it may not solve everything, it's the basis for all else to function. Reagan was lied to in the immigration reform deal of the 80's for enforcement to come after immigration reform and amnesty. Amnesty came...security reform never did.

It's been the same since. All amnesty focus while security seems to be a secondary thing entirely. Perhaps some figure that if we have no illegals because we've made them all legal, we'll have no need for Border Patrol. That's fine if we assume no one else is coming OR...we just scrap any requirements for entry and become the first nation in the world to do that. I wouldn't hold much hope for how that one turned out, honestly.

Those illegals aleady here? They've broken at least one felony law by merely staying here. More are added if they've ever held a job (ID Theft or fraud to accomplish it), drawn benefits or a number of other things (prior to some of that being made available to criminals of course.)

Lets hope for some security for a change..and then...see about those here when the floodgates for more are closed.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
I think it's hilarious that a right wing
shill news site like Townhall says,
"Obama's resorting to scare tactics".
"News" orginazations like Town hall and the rest of the NRA,
Koch brothers, Alex Jones Scare Machine,
must be worried about losing work.

You know what's even funnier?? Your post...
You've got it all covered don't you...

So, are you saying that Townhall misquoted Janet somehow?

Janet never said it? I'll wait...

Guess where Obama was today? Newport News VA. To spread more fear and gloom across the public sector

Scare tactics anyone.. Obama's "Scare Tour" Get your T-Shirts Today!!

Obama toured a ship factory in east Virginia that makes nuclear submarines and told workers their jobs are "in jeopardy" unless the Republicans agree to an alternative debt reduction plan that includes higher tax revenue.

"The sequester will weaken America's economic recovery," Obama told thousands of workers who gathered on the concrete floor of a cavernous building at Newport News Shipbuilding. "It will weaken our military readiness. And it will weaken the basic services that the American people depend on every single day."

www.usatoday.com...

Hey, did he forget that all he has to do is make 2.3% in spending cuts. That's all.. Still waiting for that while he keeps travelling around the country pointing his finger like a fool.

Weaken Military readiness? Since when does he care about that? As long as his salary is untouched by sequester and his Drone program is safe, he could care less...

edit on 26-2-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Rest assured.... If any bugdet cuts are made you and I (working class citizens) will be the ones feeling the pressure. I would love to have a leader with balls, but we hven't had one of those in a long wile.

I love the "why buy one when you can get 2 for double the price!" attitude everyone has when dealing with government money.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This just gets better.... Now they have released the proverbial DHS bogeyman on us...

Looming Cuts Spur Mass Release of Illegal Immigrants

In a highly unusual move, federal immigration officials have released hundreds of detainees from immigration detention centers around the country in an effort to save money as automatic budget cuts loom in Washington, officials said…

The agency, Ms. Christensen added, “is continuing to prosecute their cases in immigration court and, when ordered, will seek their removal from the country.”

Officials did not reveal precisely how many detainees were released or where the releases took place, but immigrants’ advocates around the country have been reporting that hundreds of detainees were freed in numerous locations , including Hudson County, N.J.; Polk County, Texas; Broward County, Fla.; and New Orleans; and from centers in Arizona, Alabama, Georgia and New York.

While immigration officials occasionally free detainees on supervised release, this mass release — so many in such a short span of time — appears to be unprecedented in recent memory, immigration advocates said.

www.nytimes.com...

I could not make this up if I tried. What's next furloughs for maximum security inmates in Federal Prisons

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Growing up my step father worked as a Gov't accountant, fairly high level lifer. Around the end of the fiscal year he would get real moody, I asked him why one time. This was about 1984, the reply was "I have to figure out where to waste 10's of thousands of dollars" astonished I asked "Why?" He went on to explain that in order for his dept to get a bigger budget for the next year they had to show that they needed it by using all of this years budget and then some. So by having a deficit they could then get more money, even though the budget was basically thrown away at the end of the year. So rather then have a surplus, that carried over to the next year and their budget cut, they would book a bunch of useless seminars and training, ironically enough most of those were about ways to cut cost's lol. I was 15 at the time, since then I have believed that the whole system is crooked. That's why budgets get bigger and bigger each year, and there is so much waste.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This is just extortion plain and simple I hope congress doesn`t give in to it, they should call his bluff.

This is just more of that same old too big to fail nonsense.There is nothing in the laws of nature or in any holy books that says the U.S. has to exist. Just as in business and nature it`s all about survival of the fitest,if the U.S. is no longer fit enough to survive without extorting and blackmailing the tax payers then maybe it should fall.

This type of fear mongering and extortion has been standard operating procedure for the government for at least the last 50 years.It has proven to be very effective that`s why the government continues to do it.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeffreyCH

Growing up my step father worked as a Gov't accountant, fairly high level lifer. Around the end of the fiscal year he would get real moody, I asked him why one time. This was about 1984, the reply was "I have to figure out where to waste 10's of thousands of dollars" astonished I asked "Why?" He went on to explain that in order for his dept to get a bigger budget for the next year they had to show that they needed it by using all of this years budget and then some. So by having a deficit they could then get more money, even though the budget was basically thrown away at the end of the year. So rather then have a surplus, that carried over to the next year and their budget cut, they would book a bunch of useless seminars and training, ironically enough most of those were about ways to cut cost's lol. I was 15 at the time, since then I have believed that the whole system is crooked. That's why budgets get bigger and bigger each year, and there is so much waste.

That`s exactly how it works, my father told me the same thing and that was back in the 70`s. He worked in a management position at the social security headquarters and he would tell us stories about how much money they would waste just so that they could spend their whole budget and then some so that they would get a budget increase for the next year.

In his department, as the end of the fiscal year approached, they would schedule all the chess players to work overtime on saturdays and they would have an informal chess tournament and play chess all day on saturdays and get paid for it.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
These elected criminals need to be held accountable for their actions,the anything to get elected and then do what I want BS is the landscape in DC. I for one would love to see the executive branch held for treason and corruption at the highest level of this land. But as usual, we will complain and type and tweet, never getting any real 'change' There will be a tipping point soon that will light this giant powderkeg and It may make Greece look like a picnic with no ants. I just know that the current bozo in the whitehouse is the wrong person at the wrong time for anything good to come out of this, We need a real leader with real answers to these simple math issues that will haunt America and the rest of the world for a very long time.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Well, it's not like there are many jobs for illegals currently. That is the main reason they would come, I imagine. Sounds like empty threats to me, unless they are intending to make an excuse for something much more sinister...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

There are plenty of jobs for illegals. Businesses don't have to give illegals any benefits and don't have to pay them minimum wage. That's why they are a problem in the country.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
OH WOW!! Anyone catch CNN today? The INS has released 700 illegal detainees already. The INS has stated that these illegals will be monitored, but in an interview with one of the illegals, he stated that no court date was given, no check in's arranged, they just let him out. The interviewer noted afterwards that the person interviewed met with a probation officer, however that was on an un-related criminal matter that had nothing to do his his immigration status.
So now the administration is releasing REAL criminals to blackmail congress!! this just makes me want to puke!! Will Obama and his cronies stop at nothing to push his agenda!!

edit on 27-2-2013 by JeffreyCH because: (no reason given)

top topics

join