It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auctioning off Obama time!! What would you pay?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
why waste good money to see a thing like obumma ? none of the corrupt bastards worth paying ... if anything they'd have to pay me to tolerate them and their accompanying stench of corruption and there isnt any amount of money that would cover that ... keep the corrupt buggers far away can think of better things to spend money on ...
edit on 26/2/13 by Expat888 because: too early .. need more coffee...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
If I want to get eye rolls and smirks, I can spend time with my in laws....

For free.

What he is doing is illegal, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Here's where the problem lies, but will anyone have the balls to take action?

The Obama team's brazen attempt to convert the assets of its political campaign into assets to promote the President's political agenda and the electoral fortunes of his Democratic allies is unprecedented in American political history.

It is clearly a violation of the intent of current federal election laws. -

See more at: www.breitbart.com...

Not only is the conversion of questionable legality, it also is in absolute contradiction to everything President Obama has ever said about the negative influence of large financial donations on the political process in America.

In 2010, for instance, when the Supreme Court's Citizens United decision paved the way for SuperPACs that could accept unlimited donations from individuals and corporations alike, President Obama was one of the Court's harshest critics -

Even MSNBC's Chuck Todd found the cash for access scheme unpalatable. “This just looks bad," Todd said on Monday. "It looks," Todd said "like the White House is selling access.It’s the definition of selling access. If you believe money has a strangle hold over the entire political system this is ceding the moral high ground.”

Todd is right. It looks bad because it is bad.

Bob Edgar, the president of the usually liberal advocacy group, Common Cause, agrees with Todd. “It just smells. The president is setting a very bad model setting up this organization,”he said. -

So who investigates what happens to election monies?

edit on 26-2-2013 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This is just one more thing the reinforces my belief that Barrack Obama is a moderate Republican..... All politicians politicians are whores... This is no difference than what has been going on in this country since long before the televised "Checkers" speech made by Richard Nixon.... All of those on the take have been blatantly open about taking money from PACs with no repercussions but because it is only considered to be alright if it is used for right wing causes.... All hell will break out if progressive causes are being advanced in the same manner... Hopefully this will be good for our future instead of a keeping us stuck in the ways of the past that has reduced the income of the middle class that would put it back into the system and increased the income of those that won't.....

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
To me it sounds like a group that meets with Obama 4 times a year is trying to raise money for themselves.
Sounds to me like Obama isn't in charge of it, and the money isn't going to Obama.

But those contributions will also translate into access, according to donors courted by the president’s aides. Next month, Organizing for Action will hold a “founders summit” at a hotel near the White House, where donors paying $50,000 each will mingle with Mr. Obama’s former campaign manager, Jim Messina, and Mr. Carson, who previously led the White House Office of Public Engagement. Giving or raising $500,000 or more puts donors on a national advisory board for Mr. Obama’s group and the privilege of attending quarterly meetings with the president, along with other meetings at the White House. Moreover, the new cash demands on Mr. Obama’s top donors and bundlers come as many of them are angling for appointments to administration jobs or ambassadorships.

PACs are a major problem. Don't get me wrong. But I was made about them when I first heard about them. I didn't wait til a man I hate used them. I didn't vote for anyone who used them this past election. guess what? Both Romney and Obama used them!

You know what they say.
Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

If it was Romney doing this, most of you wouldn't have anything to say. What does that say about your morals? You can deny it, it's still true.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I'd pay a $1.

Hell, that's too much!

Me?

Not one damn cent.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Maybe we could take up a collection to buy so much of his time so he can't sign any more executive orders.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
A politicians ear for sale in America. What a shock.

Why are you so shocked, especially considering that this is Obama we're talking about??
Just curious... Please share...

This should really come as no surprise to such a wise young fella like yourself....

You really aren't a very bright person are you? Show me someone in the government that isn't for sale. How do you think they get into office? By selling themselves to the highest bidder.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Why are you so shocked, especially considering that this is Obama we're talking about??

This should really come as no surprise to such a wise young fella like yourself....

You really aren't a very bright person are you? Show me someone in the government that isn't for sale. How do you think they get into office? By selling themselves to the highest bidder.
Exactly, Buster. They always have, and will, sell themselves to the highest bidder. The corruption didn't start with B.O., and it won't end when he leaves either.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Exactly, Buster. They always have, and will, sell themselves to the highest bidder. The corruption didn't start with B.O., and it won't end when he leaves either.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

how mch would I spend for time with Obama. not a dime, the poor get screwed because prices go up because of morons like this, then illegal immigrants they want to welcome with open arms. Frankly it's not a free country it's a country led by a bunch of weak, pathetic greedy morons

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

You are such a sucker!! Sorry, just thought I'd try to play your game back on you. Take a deep breath now..

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

You're right! However, Obama is just taking it to new level. Just like everything else he has done in office and then gets away free and clear. He has clearly laid a new precedent... Converting unused campaign funds into another entity designed to completely skirt the law.... hmmm.

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
We pay his salary. He works for us. If it is legal to pimp out the President of the free world that money needs to go to pay off the national dept. Tax dollars will be used to cruise him around. The cash made goes to the owner of the pimped out property.
I would pay $5 if I get to keep the napkins, toilet paper and leftovers, including condiments from Air Force 1.
edit on 27-2-2013 by REMflyer because: Forgot bid and terms

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Zero. Absolutely zero.

In fact, you would have to pay ME to sit with him.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Time for a little follow up on this story. The questions are still being asked by a select few in the WH press pool. Remember, the WH says that there is no direct connection to OFA.

Watch Carney dance and ooze! Amazing how this guy can even get out of bed in the morning

White House: No Idea Why OFA Employees Have BarackObama.com Addresses

Carney did not answer the question beyond "Geee Whiz, I dunno"

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join