It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auctioning off Obama time!! What would you pay?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'd pay a $1. But, Organizing for Action (OFA) seems to think that $500,00.00 is a fare price to put on GUARANTEED Quarterly face time with the President. Wow! in an Obama era where he won't even meet with republicans on Capital Hill or answer questions from the White House Press Corps.

Pay your $500k and Bingo! you have his ear.

Organizing for Action (OFA), a group “closely affiliated” with liberal heavyweights such as billionaire philanthropist George Soros, is offering donors access to President Obama in exchange for $500,000, according to a recent New York Times report.

Not too surprisingly, once word got out that this supposedly “independent” political group — which is headed by President Obama’s former campaign manager Jim Messina — has been auctioning off face time with the president, the reaction has been, well, less than pleased.

Carney squirmed and wiggled to try to get out of this mess during his latest presser. He even resorted to reading verbatim from a prepared statement on the topic that was clearly written by Obama's lawyers.

Although Carney maintains OfA is “independent” of the White House, it’s worth noting Messina’s people still run the president’s Twitter and Facebook accounts.

www.theblaze.com...

President Obama’s political team is fanning out across the country in pursuit of an ambitious goal: raising $50 million to convert his re-election campaign into a powerhouse national advocacy network, a sum that would rank the new group as one of Washington’s biggest lobbying operations.

But the rebooted campaign, known as Organizing for Action, has plunged the president and his aides into a campaign finance limbo with few clear rules, ample potential for influence-peddling, and no real precedent in national politics.

In private meetings and phone calls, Mr. Obama’s aides have made clear that the new organization will rely heavily on a small number of deep-pocketed donors, not unlike the “super PACs” whose influence on political campaigns Mr. Obama once deplored.

At least half of the group’s budget will come from a select group of donors who will each contribute or raise $500,000 or more, according to donors and strategists involved in the effort.

Unlike a presidential campaign, Organizing for Action has been set up as a tax-exempt “social welfare group.” That means it is not bound by federal contribution limits, laws that bar White House officials from soliciting contributions, or the stringent reporting requirements for campaigns. In their place, the new group will self-regulate.

How convenient!!!! A "social welfare group" for the wealthiest of our nations liberal wealthiest

But those contributions will also translate into access, according to donors courted by the president’s aides. Next month, Organizing for Action will hold a “founders summit” at a hotel near the White House, where donors paying $50,000 each will mingle with Mr. Obama’s former campaign manager, Jim Messina, and Mr. Carson, who previously led the White House Office of Public Engagement.

Giving or raising $500,000 or more puts donors on a national advisory board for Mr. Obama’s group and the privilege of attending quarterly meetings with the president, along with other meetings at the White House. Moreover, the new cash demands on Mr. Obama’s top donors and bundlers come as many of them are angling for appointments to administration jobs or ambassadorships.

“It just smells,” said Bob Edgar, the president of Common Cause, which advocates tighter regulation of campaign money. “The president is setting a very bad model setting up this organization.”

www.nytimes.com...

Whatever!!!!! Don't believe a word Obama says when talks about working with both sides of Congress to accomplish goals that will actually benefit ALL Americans. Clearly, Congressional members have not paid enough to earn a spot close to Obama's rather large ears... Pathetic!!

edit on 26-2-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
.02. So I could give him mine.

Gotta give him credit, at least he is openly admitting he can be bought.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Transparency that you can believe in. These heavy donors are also hoping to land "appointments" in official capacity within the administration. Good to know Obama has the backs of the middle class.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom

Gotta give him credit, at least he is openly admitting he can be bought.
I do like that Quote , Include Congress and its just another Day at the Office.

ON TOPIC; I wouldnt pay anybody diddly to spend time with, not a Hero worship kinda guy.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
So yeah, Obama's a whore. Not interested in public opinion, but i'f you've got cash - he'll bend over backwards for that.

I think if this question was "How much would you pay to punch Obama" - It would get a much bigger audience

edit on 26-2-2013 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I'm NOT defending Obama here.
I almost posted about this last evening, but I don't have access to the NY Times and wanted to see the actual story... I did find the story on MSNBC and it referred to the NYT and the LA Times. When I found this, in the LA Times article, I decided to wait and let someone else post it.

I can depend on you!

Obama Advocacy Group Solicits High-dollar Bundlers for Support

Bundlers will PROBABLY be asked to raised $500,000 to be part of the committee. Such top fundraisers will get perks in return. One reward that was floated as a POSSIBILITY was an invitation to quarterly meetings with Obama.

It would be nice to have a source that shows that he IS asking for $500,000 and he IS offering quarterly meetings with those who give that amount. I see now that your second set of excerpts is from the NY Times - Or at least that's what it appears to be.

Reserving judgment for now.

edit on 2/26/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
When i saw the title i though of DS9 and where Quark auctions off his freeze dried remains due to him thinking he only has a short time to live

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Prostitutes sell themselves and the opportunity to be with one for a set period of time. Politicians who were elected are EXPECTED to be available to the citizens who elected them, to the extent that is possible under our enormous system, WITHOUT A PRICE TAG.

Our TAXES pay HIS salary. He can just forfeit that AND the hundreds of thousands in additional misc funds he and his family personally receive every year as part of the package of White House life. It's considerable.

Corruption? Obama seems beyond that now. Corruption usually brings with it some effort to hide or cover the behavior. This is all but bragging on selling himself like it's a thing to be proud of.

Perhaps in his life experience, selling yourself IS something to be happy with...and maybe he's VERY VERY wrong for this nation, too. It's a shame people didn't ask a bit more for questions before electing him a 2nd term. Now we're stuck with the man...and his political prostitution.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Maybe we could all get together, pool our money and buy the next 4 years. Our rules would be, sit down, close mouth, STAY THERE. And somebody take his pen.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Just more of the greed in the US showing itself. Politicians seem to be becoming Hollywood instead of citizens trying to properly guide our country.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Don't forget this President's auto pens and his new approach to just signing any official legislation he cares to with the phony auto-writers. You could take his pen and handcuff him...and he's got that figured out with the machines printing off his signature in another room.

The nightmare is real...that seems about the only authentic thing about this man and his minions.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by jibeho

I'm NOT defending Obama here.
I almost posted about this last evening, but I don't have access to the NY Times and wanted to see the actual story... I did find the story on MSNBC and it referred to the NYT and the LA Times. When I found this, in the LA Times article, I decided to wait and let someone else post it.

I can depend on you!

Obama Advocacy Group Solicits High-dollar Bundlers for Support

Bundlers will PROBABLY be asked to raised $500,000 to be part of the committee. Such top fundraisers will get perks in return. One reward that was floated as a POSSIBILITY was an invitation to quarterly meetings with Obama.

It would be nice to have a source that shows that he IS asking for $500,000 and he IS offering quarterly meetings with those who give that amount. But for now, it seems to be speculation to me. Of course, I haven't seen what the NYT article actually says. Can you link the appropriate excerpts from the NY Times article? Please?

Reserving judgment for now.

The whole Lincoln Bedroom overnights broke the ground for what we are seeing now.

Of course, they will say 'PROBABLY', just to give themselves room for denial of 'selling' the President's time. There is really nothing new about it, but usually the politicians are not so open about how they advertize their willingness to sell themselves.

Once you vote a guy in that KNOWS that he can do anything that he wants, look out. He is audacious and I don't believe that he really cares what anyone thinks.
Impeachment? Like that would ever happen.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Nothing starts a day like a Anti-Obama thread on ATS.

*sips coffee**

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Good Morning!! How many sugars for you?

So, Obviously, you'd pay $500k for time with the Prez. and probably rub lotion on his feet as a bonus for HIM.

The least you can do is comment on the topic and end with a quip...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

If it would stop him from running more Tyrannical policies??? A Gazillion dollars.

Anything to get him away from implementing more Progressive crap.

Personally?? Not a damn thing.
He is not worth MY time.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Now that this has been exposed for what it is I would imagine that this notion will fall flat on its face publicly. No telling what will happen in the dark. The gears are in full motion with Messina and OFA and they have already spent millions in ads to advance Obama's second term agenda. It just gets more bizarre by the day.

This speaks volumes. Kind of like the guy who is bored with his Ferrari and MUST purchase a Bugatti in order to fill a void in his ego.

Such proximity to the president is nothing new for those being courted, who include the most prolific fundraisers for Obama's political campaigns.

"People are not doing this to get their third or sixth photo with the president," said one bundler who attended an OFA fundraising outreach session this week. "Everybody is in because they are in."

www.latimes.com...
edit on 26-2-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Originally posted by butcherguy
There is really nothing new about it, but usually the politicians are not so open about how they advertize their willingness to sell themselves.

Are you suggesting he's more "transparent" than other presidents have been?

Impeachment? Like that would ever happen.

I don't think this is an impeachable offense...

reply to post by jibeho

I'm torn...

Originally posted by jibeho
Now that this has been exposed for what it is I would imagine that this notion will fall flat on its face publicly.

Don't count on it.
After the GOP ran a millionaire with billionaire backers, AND strongly supported the "corporations are people" paradigm, the DNC and the party are starting to take advantage of the newly acceptable "wealthy leader" idea... Because, with money, legislation gets passed. That's the goal. To break through the GOP obstructionism and pass Obama's agenda. And if it takes wealthy donors to do it, I gotta say, I support it.

Trust me when I say that those on the left are and have been supportive of using fire to fight fire. In other words, the Dems are taking some plays from the GOP playbook and many on the left are saying, "It's about freaking time!"

Personally, I think it's morally wrong to provide access based on money. But in the game of politics, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

"People are not doing this to get their third or sixth photo with the president," said one bundler who attended an OFA fundraising outreach session this week. "Everybody is in because they are in."

This is TRUE. Obama's wealthy supporters are behind him (for the most part) because they support his agenda. NOT to buy his favor, but to help get his agenda passed.
edit on 2/26/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

0bama is just a whore, plain and simple.
This action of auctioning off time just solidifies that statement.

We are doomed as a country. I hope all are preparing for the worst.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Auctioning off Obama time!! What would you pay?

You'd have to pay ME.
My time is precious and I don't want to waste it being with him.

Spending time with him wouldn't do any good. It wouldn't change the fact that he's corrupt and a liar like nearly every other politician. His ego is huge and he wouldn't listen to anything I'd say anyways. So why would I bother wasting my time unless I was getting paid to do so? And I'd have to get paid BIG TIME MONEY! Otherwise .. no deal.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Territ rium, and is to be expected.

Now if it was Michelle doing this, that would be news

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join