It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you manifest a desire by simply wanting it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I've been taught by many that in order to manifest something into reality, you have to first believe that you already have it. It's not enough to just want it. You have to "claim it", as they say. So, if you want health, you have to first believe that you're already healthy. If you want money, you have to first believe that you already have money.

My question is, can you manifest something simply by desiring it? wanting it? Or do you have to first believe that you already have it? Thanks.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kevin32

This is one of those questions where you really cannot believe anyone who says yes.
In my own experience imagining you already have what it is you want appears to help but the best and most certain way to achieve and get what you want is work for it everyday.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The first step to achieving something you desire is to act.

If you just sit there desiring cash, not going to happen.

If you act in a way that fits in with getting cash, and not make it something to achieve, but to live by, then the cash will simply flow.

At least more so that just wishing for it.

Some will say that positive thinking brings the outcome. I say it leads you to act in accordance with a goal you've set yourself.. I certainly don't believe that things just appear to those who desire it. Sells books though ! And if the book fails to make you rich, well you just didn't believe hard enough..

No, I don't think it's that easy... more along the lines of "Do something that you enjoy and you'll never have to work a day", sort of thing...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kevin32

for it to work it needs to be something realistic, something that you actually BELIEVE would happen. you cant just say i want to be immortal..it wont work..because deep down you dont believe that its possible to live for ever..

but if you desire good health or to at least be healthy for the most part, as long as you truly believe and FEEL healthy, you WILL be healthy, you have to believe that there is nothing wrong with you and that you are perfectly fine.and sure enough you will start to feel better. its hard sometimes because we are hard wired to be negative and doubtful of many things, so it is hard to manifest what we desire, if we are constantly doubting ourselves.

I have drilled it in my head that i will win some sort of lottery within the next couple of months or year. im not talking about 200 million or anything like that, im talking about something i can actually believe would be possible to win, im thinking something around 200k or maybe 500k possibly from a scratch-off ticket...so every Friday i buy 2 $20 scratch-off tickets until i get my jackpot. and it will come. i have already seen it coming

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kevin32

Personally I think the notion of believing that you have something without physically attaining it through effort and hard work will just cause a delusional set back. Yet if you believe you will get something you truly desire by manifesting your efforts in to reality, no matter how long it may take I strongly believe you can obtain anything you desire within realistic terms. In other words believing you will have a flying house made of diamonds is illogical and thus it will not apply to the notion. The law of attracting is only applicabe by mental AND physical action.

Just my 2cent

Good things

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
You need to reach the level of a high adept to do what you're attempting. The imagery used is a thought form of the desired result. Using rituals or other methods, you infuse the thought form with emotional energy, then it goes out into the universe to make the desired results occur. The more thought and emotion used, the sooner the results. That is the occult theory of what you're talking about. Beware of unintended results, as there are many other factors that can effect the desired results.

Of course all actions begin as a thought, and actions lead to results, this is the normal route to take when desiring something in the real world. Make a plan and take the necessary steps to bring your plan to fruition. That is of course the most direct route to obtaining a desired result and it is referred to most often as "work".
edit on 26-2-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kevin32

It's possible, but not probable.

I've found the easiest way to manifest desire - is to desire practicality. Things that are reasonably due. If that makes any sense to you.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
MichiganSwampBuck hit the nail on the head. The connection between belief and result is real, if your subconscious is convinced that a goal is not only obtainable but, inevitable, you will find that the steps necessary for completion of said goal are effortless and obvious. That being said, if you're trying to become King of Jupiter or something, you'll most likely be disappointed...

top topics

join