It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: A Questionnaire Companion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Interesting that there are so many introverts- I wonder if this is true of ATS in general or just this thread?

1. Meyer's Briggs Personality Type (take test here) - INTJ

2. Astrological sign -Sagittarius- Cancer rising

3. Blood type - B+

4. Highest level of Education -MS

5. Are you a lucid dreamer? -Not that I know of

6. Any psychic experiences? - Some

7. Any paranormal experiences? - Not that I recall.

8. Religious affiliation/ spiritual beliefs? - Used to be Southern Bapt., now I'm "spiritual but not religious but still fond of J.C."

9. Have you started any recent hobbies? - Just a different take on an old hobby.

10. Birth Country and Current Country of Residence - USA

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I didn't post n the parent thread to this, but i did read it and still do, i was actually thinking it odd that most of us who felt that way were around 40.

Love and harmony
Whateva

A very good majority of the people I see on here are either in their 30s or 40s. I'll be turning 22 in April and many of my close friends have this feeling, so I don't think it's mostly in your age group. I also know quite a few older people as well who are in their 50s and 60s who feel the same way. I don't think it has anything really to do with age.
edit on 26-2-2013 by XxkingofosirisxX2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
1. Meyer's Briggs Personality Type INFJ

2. Astrological sign Pisces

3. Blood type A+

4. Highest level of Education Currently in college

5. Are you a lucid dreamer? Yup

6. Any psychic experiences? no

7. Any paranormal experiences? no

8. Religious affiliation/ spiritual beliefs? atheist leaning agnostic

9. Have you started any recent hobbies? no

10. Birth Country and Current Country of Residence U.S.A.

Note: In the original thread I mentioned that 3 days prior to the thread, I realized I do not currently feel this way, although I have felt that most of my life. This is a very new development. The absence of that feeling is very noticeable since I had become accustom to feeling that way. I am still trying to figure out what might be affecting that although I have a few theories.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Okay here it is...

1. ENJF

2 . We be Gemini

3. ? not sure

4. High School/reader of everything under the sun

5. When I do dream

6. Quite a few

7. Also quite a few

8. Raised Catholic, now Agnostic

9. Too many old ones

10. USA and USA

Very curious to see where this go's.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
I have to deal with Legume enumerators not big on numbers too visual, but I likes me a good pie chart...

Mmmmmm pie *drool*

Pie for you! I should've sorted the data by quantity..grumble, grumble. See what happens when a pie is made too hastily?

edit on 26/2/13 by WhiteAlice because: sigh

edit on 26/2/13 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Greetings, ATS!

I was completely surprised at the amount of responses to my the Waiting Game: Do You Feel It? Those responses have left me with a lot of questions. Hence this thread.

I would like to try and find any commonalities amongst those of us who “sense” (for lack of a better word) of anticipation. I feared that if I posted this in the original thread, it would quickly get buried. So the focus of this thread will be solely to look for possible connections between us. To share your stories about your own waiting sensations, please add to the other thread. Thanks!

Here is a list of questions I think would be interesting if we each would answer. If you can think of other questions to ask, feel free to add it to the bunch. We’re just gathering data, looking for correlations, while understanding that correlation does not imply causality.

So, to the questions.

1. Meyer's Briggs Personality Type (take test here)

2. Astrological sign

3. Blood type

4. Highest level of Education

5. Are you a lucid dreamer?

6. Any psychic experiences?

7. Any paranormal experiences?

8. Religious affiliation/ spiritual beliefs?

9. Have you started any recent hobbies?

10. Birth Country and Current Country of Residence

1 ENFP
2 Pisces (Feb. 20th.)
3 O Negative
4 Highschool
5 Yes.
6 Define psychic experiences? I've seen some things I can't explain, and at times I've experienced intuitive experiences but it could be something other than psychic phenomena.
7 I've seen some things I can't explain ha ha, so yes maybe. Not entirely sure I believe they were paranormal anymore.
8 I do not have any religious affiliation. I've read the bible, the bagavatghitta, the quran, and I just can't get interested enough. I like the fundamental morals found in all of them, but I disagree with the churches/religious leaders exploitation and twisting of the words to supplement rules and meanings I do not see with in them. I'm not sure what I believe these days. Other higher beings sure (angels, demons.) A solitary god not sure. Creator, it's the energy in us, the universe and all around us I don't know I believe it's conscious. I have a weird blend of spirituality and science/logic. Some days I feel like I believe differently ha ha. This is a hard one for me to answer.
9 Running, it's not new but I had fallen out of this for a while. I've been playing guitar again recently which is also something I had let go of for a while.
10. Canada.
edit on 26-2-2013 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SallieSunshine

I had to look up what introvert meant. My family seems to get offensive with me when i show joy that they are going off to work or school, im like "awesome alone at last" i immediately go around the house turning off lights, tv's and radios, swearing and cursing them for being soul suckers and not leaving sooner.

Definition:
Contrary to what most people think, an introvert is not simply a person who is shy. In fact, being shy has little to do with being an introvert! Shyness has an element of apprehension, nervousness and anxiety, and while an introvert may also be shy, introversion itself is not shyness. Basically, an introvert is a person who is energized by being alone and whose energy is drained by being around other people.

Introverts are more concerned with the inner world of the mind. They enjoy thinking, exploring their thoughts and feelings. They often avoid social situations because being around people drains their energy. This is true even if they have good social skills. After being with people for any length of time, such as at a party, they need time alone to "recharge."

When introverts want to be alone, it is not, by itself, a sign of depression. It means that they either need to regain their energy from being around people or that they simply want the time to be with their own thoughts. Being with people, even people they like and are comfortable with, can prevent them from their desire to be quietly introspective.

Being introspective, though, does not mean that an introvert never has conversations. However, those conversations are generally about ideas and concepts, not about what they consider the trivial matters of social small talk.

love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 26/2/13 by Whateva69 because: off

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

nice work and all but should'nt you, or smyleegrl, wait until people are finished answering?
we dont want people thinking its over because they see a pie chart

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You maybe wanna go a step further if you would like and create 4 more pie graphs to show the 50/50 cumulative totals for each.

Extravert or Introvert
Intuitive or Sensing
Thinking or Feeling
Perceiving or Judging

Thanks in advance btw

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I have read your other post "The waiting game" and it resonates very deeply with me. So many others have said everything I would about this subject so I wont repeat. I just wanted to answer the questionnaire.

1. Meyer's Briggs Personality Type (take test here)/ INFP

2. Astrological sign/ Cancer

3. Blood type/ AB negative

4. Highest level of Education/ College then Fire academy

5. Are you a lucid dreamer?/ Yes

6. Any psychic experiences?/ Many

7. Any paranormal experiences?/ Yes

8. Religious affiliation/ spiritual beliefs?/ very spiritual, always open lately leaning to Christ

9. Have you started any recent hobbies?/ Writing a book

10. Birth Country and Current Country of Residence/ USA Same

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Great idea OP!
I Can't wait to see a summary of the results.

1. Meyer's Briggs Personality Type: ENFJ

Extravert(22%) iNtuitive(88%) Feeling(38%) Judging(44%)

2. Astrological sign: Pisces

3. Blood type: A- (If I remember correctly)

4. Highest level of Education: College, also accomplished musician

5. Are you a lucid dreamer?: Yes, difficult time remembering, some recurring

6. Any psychic experiences? Often, nothing too serious though

7. Any paranormal experiences? A few, not since I was a kid

8. Religious affiliation/ spiritual beliefs? Raised Christian...adopted own set of beliefs, leaning towards the esoteric/spiritualistic side, still believe in a higher power of sorts...in the sense that we are all connected to it

9. Have you started any recent hobbies? No recent hobbies

10. Birth Country and Current Country of Residence: Born and raised in Canada eh

11. Age: 29 years of age

12. Have you ever seeing a UFO: Yes, on two seperate occasions...and not the "little white star" moving around kind

Originally posted by CranialSponge
- I put the toiler paper in the "outie" position

Same here! lol

Originally posted by NightFlight
Hey Phage, I did it, your turn.

That made me laugh...wonder if he will lol

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Yeah normally I would but I saw the IN thing on the thread the other day and just wanted to see if what I thought I was seeing was right.
Normally, I'm a patient sort but couldn't help it.
I'll update it so no worries. The pie was a maybe 2 second pie graph. I'll do a proper one if you all want later since I do love graphing. Breaking down the 50/50's would be interesting as well.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Ok I will give it a go for you smyleegrl....here goes. Hope this is of some help.

1. Meyer's Briggs Personality Type INFJ
Introvert(11%) iNtuitive(62%) Feeling(25%) Judging(11%)

2. Astrological sign: Virgo

3. Blood type: Not known (but plan to find out soon) - an odd one here...every time I have had it typed...results seem to get lost...

4. Highest level of Education: Technical School - Some college...mostly school of hardknocks (never afraid to give something a try)

5. Are you a lucid dreamer? At times I have been.

6. Any psychic experiences? Oh yes. Very empathic as well.

7. Any paranormal experiences? Again...yes indeed. Too many to list - as I stated in an earlier post on the OP this came from...even experiences others have observed that I was apart of at an early age.

8. Religious affiliation/ spiritual beliefs? I believe strongly in a higher being/power but understand I don't know or have experienced what that "power" may be. I question everything...which made organized religion a taboo for me. Too many could only respond to my questions and inquiry with...it's God's way or have faith....never quite sat right with me. Not meaning to offend any on here. Just the truth about how I felt/feel.

9. Have you started any recent hobbies? Many, but mainly...I am a musician and play multiple instruments (many self taught - still don't know how I can pick up an instrument and just know how to play with little effort). Also a firearm instrustor in training as well as a RSO and budding gunsmith. Always reading new books any many a subject...so everytime I pick up a new one with new subject matter...another new hobby! haha

10. Birth Country and Current Country of Residence: United States/United States (but have traveled in the world - for what that is worth)

11. Since it may have relevance....soon to be 41
edit on 26-2-2013 by bw_drum because: added age

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

maybe smyleegrl should do it as it is her thread after all
or how about you pm her and ask if she'd like you to do it

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Adding info.

I have seen a ufo in my life.

A separate time from that - I experienced a four hour missing time episode, which was shared with a friend.

~ Cirque

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

theOriginally posted by smyleegrl
Greetings, ATS!

I was completely surprised at the amount of responses to my the Waiting Game: Do You Feel It? Those responses have left me with a lot of questions. Hence this thread.

I would like to try and find any commonalities amongst those of us who “sense” (for lack of a better word) of anticipation. I feared that if I posted this in the original thread, it would quickly get buried. So the focus of this thread will be solely to look for possible connections between us. To share your stories about your own waiting sensations, please add to the other thread. Thanks!

Here is a list of questions I think would be interesting if we each would answer. If you can think of other questions to ask, feel free to add it to the bunch. We’re just gathering data, looking for correlations, while understanding that correlation does not imply causality.

So, to the questions.

1. Meyer's Briggs Personality Type (take test here)

2. Astrological sign

3. Blood type

4. Highest level of Education

5. Are you a lucid dreamer?

6. Any psychic experiences?

7. Any paranormal experiences?

8. Religious affiliation/ spiritual beliefs?

9. Have you started any recent hobbies?

10. Birth Country and Current Country of Residence

1. ENTJ

2. Sagittarius

3. AB negative

4. Some college (biology major)

5. Very much so.

6. Many

7. About 5

8. Atheist

9. Within the last year: learning music, guitar

10. Tennessee, USA

I hope somebody compiles and posts the statistics of all this info, maybe a pattern will reveal itself!

edit on 26-2-2013 by apokalupsis33vital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

yep...that is spot on for me....

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Okay, I'll answer as someone who does NOT have this feeling.
1. Meyer's Briggs Personality Type : INTJ (the mastermind)

2. Astrological sign (Aries-Taurus cusp (sun), Libra-Virgo rising (I was a professional astrologer)

3. Blood type: O

4. Highest level of Education: PhD candidate

5. Are you a lucid dreamer? No

6. Any psychic experiences? Yes

7. Any paranormal experiences? possibly

8. Religious affiliation/ spiritual beliefs? Agnostic/Wiccan

9. Have you started any recent hobbies? Several, yes.

10. Birth Country and Current Country of Residence US/US

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Okay, I'll answer as someone who does NOT have this feeling.
1. Meyer's Briggs Personality Type : INTJ (the mastermind)

2. Astrological sign (Aries-Taurus cusp (sun), Libra-Virgo rising (I was a professional astrologer)

3. Blood type: O

4. Highest level of Education: PhD candidate

5. Are you a lucid dreamer? No

6. Any psychic experiences? Yes

7. Any paranormal experiences? possibly

8. Religious affiliation/ spiritual beliefs? Agnostic/Wiccan

9. Have you started any recent hobbies? Several, yes.

10. Birth Country and Current Country of Residence US/US

Thanks Byrd! We need a few controls, much appreciated.

By the way, I have a crush on your avatar. Who is he?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by apokalupsis33vital

I plan to compile things this weekend, give folks time to respond.

BTW....I grew up in Sevierville, TN. I hope to make it back one day....miss my mountains!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join