It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: A Questionnaire Companion

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
You know, I've been thinking about the results...

And I've concluded - ATS is an open think tank. We are likely a marocosmic view of the hidden think tanks found in governments.

~ Cirque
edit on 28-2-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: macro not micro

You know, I haven't been a member here long but that's kind of how I see it here so far, too, so far.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Authormichellehughes

Just curious, and no I don't need meds lol, any here have reoccurring dreams of other world's?

I doubt such dreams are uncommon though two serial dreams stand out for me. One had me as a seal/dolphin-like creature in a starkly realistic water environment with structures... weird and random and a sense of family and "home" with the fellow thingies there... the other one is even more embarrassing and private.

Real? Seemed like it at the time but I'm open to dreams being just dreams... whatever that really means. But I wouldn't mind hanging out in that second dream world for a few more times.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
1. Meyer's Briggs Personality Type ENFJ

2. Astrological sign Scorpio

3. Blood type A+

4. Highest level of Education Degree+, also lots of Management, Medical, Art and other professional courses

5. Are you a lucid dreamer? Yes

6. Any psychic experiences? Lots

7. Any paranormal experiences? Lots

8. Religious affiliation/ spiritual beliefs? Yes, various, studies lots of religion and religious history

9. Have you started any recent hobbies? Amongst other things I am an Artist and try lots of new art things often

10. Birth Country and Current Country of Residence unsure and UK

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Ok anyone else feel personality tests are biased? Even if personally biased?

I have to interject this because when I took it, I was actually bordering on ENFP instead of INFP.

Now when I answer those questions are they taking into account I may lie to myself? Or I may have a higher ideal of myself or a lower ideal of myself? Do moods have an effect?

This is a good point. I took the online version of the test about what couldn't be much more than a year or two ago, and the result was different than now. I don't think it is necessarily adequate to give you a true representation based on some of the factors you've mentioned, but may give an approximation.

Plus for some questions I feel like at times i could go either way or the other, depending on my mood, or the feeling i have that there are contradictory traits in my character at times at odds with each other.

Some mornings i feel like cereal, other mornings eggs. Same with some of the social questions, it could also vary depending on what is going on in my life; where i live, who I'm hanging out with or what I'm doing. I may grow or become accustomed to or comfortable with one way as compared to another which may have formerly been preferred of more pronounced, if that makes sense.

Although in general terms it may be somewhat useful to gauge ones personality type I suppose.

Like someone mentioned earlier, a true result on the Myers-Briggs indicator scale would have to be obtained and performed by someone qualified to do so.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Im another who does not feel the whole impending doom issue, but I love a great mining game!

1. Meyer's Briggs Personality Type - Took test at previous employment : ENTJ. This short test the results were INTJ... I'll take the ENTJ as more accurate.

2. Astrological sign- Double Leo, whatever that means. Im not into astrology, but Im pretty sure it means Im twice as awesome.

3. Blood type- A+

4. Highest level of Education- Masters and a nursing degree (with assorted emergency medical certifications). Considering starting a new career totally unrelated to previous education, so may have more to add to this.

5. Are you a lucid dreamer? Not that I know of unless zombie dreams that seem quite real after watching a marathon ( HOURS) of Walking Dead the other night counts. I definitely have very bizarre fever dreams, just discovered that last week! LOL!

6. Any psychic experiences? Psychic as a brick or clod of dirt. I cant even get a magic 8 ball to work..

7. Any paranormal experiences? I think so. Id like to think they were in any case

8. Religious affiliation/ spiritual beliefs? Spiritual and a definite belief in a sovereign supreme being. I was raised by a Calvinist and a spiritual tribalist ( hard to define here)

9. Have you started any recent hobbies? I have numerous hobbies such as arachnid breeding, collecting antique carnival gaffs, etc.

10. Birth Country and Current Country of Residence US/US

If this is a dating game: Im in my 40's, my favorite color is red, I like long walks in the woods, and I enjoy silence. Less talk, more action. ISO a future ex who's a mute or agreeable to devocalization surgery.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

1. Meyer's Briggs Personality Type ENFP

2. Astrological sign virgo

3. Blood type idunno

4. Highest level of Education highschool

5. Are you a lucid dreamer? smylee my lucid dreams will blow your mind

6. Any psychic experiences? when i first met my wife i guessed one of her unusual penchants, her and i have strong telepathy connection

7. Any paranormal experiences? where i live has vast amounts of water under it causing paranormal activity to flourish. it is indeed a place to go for investigating the paranormal. i have seen shadow people, ghosts, ufos

8. Religious affiliation/ spiritual beliefs? self custom polytheism. satanism, dionysus, aphrodite, odin, thor,

9. Have you started any recent hobbies? thinking about getting a new whammy bar, garden gnomes.

10. Birth Country and Current Country of Residence? America

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Garden gnomes huh? Have you seen the zombie garden gnomes? Personally, I love them!

laughingsquid.com...
technabob.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

i was thinking of an adaptation of the deep ones from the cthulu mythos. or them put behind a garden gnome or two, ready to pounce. or perhaps extremely offensive or violent garden gnomes. i also kind of want to dig my own swimming pool with underwater tunnels, perhaps have it saltwater so i can catch an octupus out of the puget sound to guard my storage of vast riches. one of my lifelong hobbies has been adventuring/ treasure hunting. zombies you say?

edit on 1-3-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter

i was thinking of an adaptation of the deep ones from the cthulu mythos. or them put behind a garden gnome or two, ready to pounce. or perhaps extremely offensive or violent garden gnomes. i also kind of want to dig my own swimming pool with underwater tunnels, perhaps have it saltwater so i can catch an octupus out of the puget sound to guard my storage of vast riches. one of my lifelong hobbies has been adventuring/ treasure hunting. zombies you say?

LMAO!!! Hmm.. I wonder if they have any instructables on swimming pools with underwater tunnels... and an octopus? Thats not lofty enough. If I were in charge of designing your scene, Id use hundreds of Grammatostomias flagellibarba to guard your storage of vast riches. Think exotic.. No new horror can be more terrible than the daily torture of the commonplace.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

but all i would need is a fishing pole and a johnboat. i could catch a pregnant octopus, put vegitation for the eggs near the riches, and whammy, guards who work for live food like crabs in jars.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
First, the raw data

1. INFP

2. Pisces

3. N/A

4. Four year apprenticeship/Journeyman level

5. Rarely remember my dreams but when I do they are lucid and usually in a way come true.

6. occasionally

7. rarely

8. am spiritual

9. No

10. U.S.A

Came here by way of the post "The Waiting Game: Careful what you post" which brought me to this post, I then had to go and read "The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?" to understand what all the hub bub was about ...

I am going to comment on all both threads here ...

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

Always have had the feeling of waiting for something or that I always needed to be somewhere else.

But ...

I have ADHD so I have always attributed those feelings to be related or directly caused by that and have learned over 40 years to suppress it.

The Waiting Game: A Questionnaire Companion

I took the test long ago in my MMO days, I retested a few times over the years and always get the same result INFP.

What I found interesting, however and why I commented is the amount of INFPs in this thread. I believe the INFP was supposed to be the rarest of types and there seem to be a lot here, that in and of itself seems to be noteworthy.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
So, to the questions.
I'm replying because I find this topic very interesting, plus I have nothing to hide. And I find myself rather boring. So here we go.

1. Meyer's Briggs Personality Type ---- INFP

2. Astrological sign ----- Gemini

3. Blood type ---- A+

4. Highest level of Education --- Some college

5. Are you a lucid dreamer? --- Very lucid in fact I've woken up and typed down some of the crazier dreams I've had.

6. Any psychic experiences? ---Yes

7. Any paranormal experiences? ---Yes

8. Religious affiliation/ spiritual beliefs? ----- No religion. I'm spiritual though and believe in some type of higher power. The "universe" or "collective conscious" stuff like that. I'm very into meditiation.

9. Have you started any recent hobbies? --- no, been really boring lately although I do enjoy storm chasing and ghost hunting.

10. Birth Country and Current Country of Residence ---- USA and USA

edit on 3/1/13 by Beldy because: spelling

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
1. Meyer's Briggs Personality Type (take test here)
INFJ
Introvert(11%) iNtuitive(62%) Feeling(50%) Judging(11%)

2. Astrological sign
Virgo /Leo. Born on the Cusp.

3. Blood type
A+, Um, I think. I may be A -

4. Highest level of Education
HS. Some college.

5. Are you a lucid dreamer?
Yes. Often

6. Any psychic experiences?
Yes. Many, all my life. Everyday.

7. Any paranormal experiences?
Yes. Every now and again.

8. Religious affiliation/ spiritual beliefs?
I was a devout Catholic. I am my own self made religion now. Its more like a deep spiritual appreciation and self understanding, not really a religion. Catholicism is dead.

9. Have you started any recent hobbies?
recent? no. Well, I started PC game modding again. I started almost 10 years ago. I have been studying everything about coffee and practicing making specialty coffees. I have also been tinkering in the kitchen as of lately. But that is Job related so I dont know if that counts.

10. Birth Country and Current Country of Residence
USA, Spain.

edit on 1-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
1. Meyer's Briggs Personality Type (take test here)

ESTJ
Extravert(56%) Sensing(1%) Thinking(62%) Judging(44%)
You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (56%)
You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)
2. Astrological sign
CAPRICORN

3. Blood type
A+

4. Highest level of Education
BACHELORS

5. Are you a lucid dreamer?
NO

6. Any psychic experiences?
I DO SOMETIMES SENSE SOMETHING BEFORE IT HAPPENS, LIKE A PHONE CALL OR DOORBELL....

7. Any paranormal experiences?
NONE REALLY THAT I BELIEVE DON'T HAVE LOGICAL ANSWERS TOO, I THINK I JUST CREEP MYSELF OUT AT TIMES.

8. Religious affiliation/ spiritual beliefs?
CATHOLIC BUT VERY OPEN

9. Have you started any recent hobbies?
I AM HUGE INTO FITNESS AND WORK OUT A LOT, MARATHON RUNNER.

10. Birth Country and Current Country of Residence
USA
edit on 1-3-2013 by cappy85 because: NONE

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
1. ENFJ
Extravert(78%) iNtuitive(12%) Feeling(25%) Judging(1%)
You have strong preference of Extraversion over Introversion (78%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

2. Aries

3. 0-

4. High School Diploma

5. Yes the other night I felt and saw my self drop back into my own body.

6. Sometimes ( Feeling the phone is going to ring and it does, or thinking about someone and they call or show up at a friends house)

7. A few ( When I was younger and a couple in my late teenage years)

8. Not overly religous but I do believe in something.

9. Nope no hobbies just the same old video games, etc.

10. Jacksonville Florida U.S.A. Now live in Chicago Illinois

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
And this information are important 'cause...?

I can't believe that people are actually revealing their personal information.
edit on 1-3-2013 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Runciter33
[
This is a good point. I took the online version of the test about what couldn't be much more than a year or two ago, and the result was different than now. I don't think it is necessarily adequate to give you a true representation based on some of the factors you've mentioned, but may give an approximation.

Plus for some questions I feel like at times i could go either way or the other, depending on my mood, or the feeling i have that there are contradictory traits in my character at times at odds with each other.

Like someone mentioned earlier, a true result on the Myers-Briggs indicator scale would have to be obtained and performed by someone qualified to do so.

Hello, I just wanted to mention that I took this online test like 6 years ago and totally forgot about it. Then I started reading about it and took it again, not realizing I had already taken the same test. I got the same results. For some people I think the results can change but for others, not so much. There is a whole website devoted to different personality types

Keirsey Personality Types

In my case I fit the INFP perfectly and let me tell you it's not all fun and roses. I wish I wasn't like this sometimes but I seem to "enjoy" being miserable.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Beldy

I first took the MB test about 10 years ago too and at work in the mid 2000's and again 2009, and recently, I have always gotten the same result. ENFJ

I just did the Kiersey test and got ESTJ, however I think I answer these types of questions with reference to my business acumen, 20 years of working in businesses of various sorts, mostly management is influencing my choices because they are often business orientated questions, on about half I was inclined to choose another 'nicer, softer, more visionary' choice because that is the person I am when I am making Art and emotionally with my loved ones. In the work place, sentiment doesn't play much of a part, at home it does, so I think these tests are often biased towards a work ethic because they are often used in the workplace to determine an individuals credentials.

I feel more ENFJ than ESTJ and seeing as this is more consistent I will stick with that.
edit on 1-3-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

1. Meyer's Briggs Personality Type: INFP

2. Astrological sign: Cancer

3. Blood type: A Pos

4. Highest level of Education: Some college, certificates

5. Are you a lucid dreamer? Yes (still learning)

6. Any psychic experiences? some

7. Any paranormal experiences? a few (ie. hearing whispers, doors opening, aparition sighting)

8. Religious affiliation/ spiritual beliefs? No religious afiliation, I do believe in a higher power and level of existence.

9. Have you started any recent hobbies? Bow hunting

10. Birth Country and Current Country of Residence: USA

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
And this information are important 'cause...?

I can't believe that people are actually revealing their personal information.
edit on 1-3-2013 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

In reality there is NO anonymity on the internet. Youre not stealthy enough to hide yourself. Besides, I highly doubt that having a lucid dream or a paranormal experience is something that can be used in any nefarious way. Blood type? thats on many databases for many of us. Personality type? Its an online test that isn not an official personality test. If you look at the descriptions of the different personality types, not a lot of negativity is found and they are ego stroking descriptions. Our egos absolutely love this junk and makes some feel all warm and fuzzy about how special we are.
What here needs to be guarded with such paranoia? Theyre nosey questions from a nosey poster.. simply. Its no crime to be a nosey person! I could post a similarly ridiculous and vague internet love compatibility test with lots of ass grabbing positive "facts" about folks based on their answers plus a love Q&A .. and get stars here.. and a hook up thread all at once... if I gave a damn about stars and popularity. These things really have no meaning other than satisfying "curiosity".. which is a nice euphemism for nosey as hell. LOL! As far as data mining, good luck marketing toward me for having NO psychic ability or my blood type... and thinking I had a paranormal experience. Not gonna happen. YOU put your location on your profile. Im sure if I dug I could find enough tidbits in your posts to gather more info on you.. if I gave a damn .

People make these feel good threads for kudos and stars/flags... message boards are a popularity contest and ATS is not immune from it. Its normal, human, expected. Been a long time thing. For many of us.. its a great time killer and our egos looove to expose cool things about ourselves.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join