It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing New Technology Will Make Batteries Obsolete

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Interesting, cheers OP.

Imagine replacing the ink jet head of a printer with a laser from a lightscribe drive?

Could print Graphene based motherboard and card circuits....at home. Or any other circuit for that matter.

A4 sized...what's that, Micro ATX form factor?

Printing our own multi-layered powercells seems like an extremely attractive idea though...could print as many as you wanted and stack them, to the roof if you wanted to...charge with Solar or Wind...attach an inverter and Voila! Realistic off grid living.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
The instant current draw will be very high. You'll need 000 gauge cables.

The instant current discharge will also be very high. You'll need a bigger fire extinguisher, and shop vac to pick up the crisped body parts.
edit on 26-2-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
reply to post by grey580

A lot of times these technologies don't "pan out", not because they're not practical and useful, but specifically because they ARE practical and useful AND a threat to oil profits. The labs get shut down, the researchers commit "suicide" and the new invention disappears.

What evidence is there for this?

The US Military spends a huge amount of money humping fuel around horrible mideast areas. It would love to get out of that job. They're more powerful than oil companies. And there is no short-term threat to oil profits remotely, oil is a global commodity.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I have access to several 300 KV capacitors.
The sudden discharge of 300 KV is not desirable to run an electric motor.
If someone can build a unit to control the power drain from them, we could produce an electric car which would already rival anything on the road.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I was reading an article about 10 years ago. It discussed one of the biggest fears of the oil producing countries.

That is of course a super efficient battery. This technology could give way to practical electric vehicles. That would crush the price of oil and relegate the oil producing countries to economic insignificance.

I hope this is perused to a useable product.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

I'd like to see that. Sounds pretty cool.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I say bring it on! Get rid of these cumbersome batteries. The technology has been around for too long. It's about time we found something better.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

reply to post by grey580

A lot of times these technologies don't "pan out", not because they're not practical and useful, but specifically because they ARE practical and useful AND a threat to oil profits. The labs get shut down, the researchers commit "suicide" and the new invention disappears.

The US Military spends a huge amount of money humping fuel around horrible mideast areas. It would love to get out of that job. They're more powerful than oil companies. And there is no short-term threat to oil profits remotely, oil is a global commodity.

Yes I tire of this nonsense as well. I have yet to see a list of all the inventors, "free energy" devices they invented, when they died, age , and how. All I ever see is one ore two names involved in a car accident (well sheesh are these guys immune from such events !).

Unless every single country on the planet is part of NWO/TPTB (assuming it exists) then there is no way in hell the likes of China, North Korea, Iran etc etc would not use such technology......especially China !!!

If we used such technology the following would happen:
1. No more reliance on the middle east and so the withdrawal of all troops/bases from those areas. Massive cost saving, no more appeasing of despotic dictatorships.
2. Home devices would reduce fuel bills to zero and thus significantly increase spending power on consumer products instead of imported oil. Massive economic boost. Increased tax income, decreased welfare spending.
3. Significant improvement in air quality.
4. The first exporter of such devices (licensed) would make a fortune selling it and thus massive increase in corporate tax for the exporting country.
5. Anyone with half a brain knows the way to control a population is to control the water not oil. Nobody can switch to an alternative to water. Any NWO/TPTB would know this.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This + 3D Printing technology..

Let's hope this kicks off big time! I would love nothing more than to see Graphene become a household tech!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by InFriNiTee
None of the interwoven fingers touch each other. Sounds like dual-layer to me? Please share opinions.

Sounds complex and relatively low power. Would it be easier to etch solid disks of graphine and separate the different disks with a dielectric? Alternating plates in the stack would be connected to + and - leads.

Edit to add: It appears they tried this stacked configuration but said it was not as suitable as the interlaced design. I wonder if the stacked design was only unsuitable for miniature applications? Seems like arc-over would be a problem for the interlaced design at anything but very low power?

I wonder if a standard DVD writer alternatively outputting all one's and all zero's would do the trick? Maybe half-stepping or quarter-stepping to insure the threads do short?? Depending on the drive control electronics and steppers, this could possibly be very easy.

edit on 26-2-2013 by jcarpenter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

The US Military spends a huge amount of money humping .....

The US military-industrial complex spends a huge amount of time and money humping the taxpayers. There, I fixed it for you.

Sorry .... I simply could not resist.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I just wonder how many of you will remember this thread and this subject a year from now...I just wonder...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by alomaha
I just wonder how many of you will remember this thread and this subject a year from now...I just wonder...

Depends if it goes big. I remember when 3D printing was relatively new and most of the users of this site argued against it's practicality, and what do you know, it's becoming more widespread. Hopefully this gets somewhat the same treatment with regards to fame.
edit on 26-2-2013 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This is brilliant!!!

I have to say, I've seen a whole lot of the typical TPTB conspiracy types on here labeling all inventions that could be viable failing due to suppression. Although in some instances, companies do buy patents, I do not believe all the "green" energy solutions suffer this fate. Some items that seem really great, turn out to be not so great when it comes to practical application.

Every business does employ a certain amount of competitor consumption, but in an instance of a product that is cheap to make, and would give you a monopoly on the product, even if temporary it gives them an opportunity to make enormous amounts of money ahead of potential competitors. So often we look at fossil fuel industries and claim they attempt to shut down projects like this for fear they will lose business. Let me put this thought in your head. We know, fossil fuels will run out eventually. We know they are bad for the environment and the public is dying for a change. Do you really think all those educated business men are unaware of this? If they could present a new source of energy they can make money off of, why wouldn't they invest. Public opinion is a huge part of business, and let's say Shell, or Tepco, bought this technology. They could produce the products relatively cheap, and sell them to the world making trillions of dollars.

I'm more likely to believe innovative individuals get ahead of themselves, claiming miraculous properties of their inventions that are either labeled a hoax from the get go, or falling far short of the supposed claims.

A quick search of the film company labeled on this video, brings us to a website all about inventor created videos about their research, innovations and inventions. I assume the idea here, is so the person who has come up with the device can create their own publicity as publicly as possible so the supposed TPTB suppression of man, and big business buy outs hold less potential of damaging their products and claims.

The internet is a wonderful thing, it provides us with the means to communicate, advertise and educate on our own. If I create something I can take you through it step by step publicly for all to see. I don't have to go to a business looking for messy investment agreements, or promise my work to them in order to gain any recognition.

Not everything is a conspiracy. If this technology is going to fail, it isn't always going to be because some rich prick, or government forced it. Graphene is studied and produced in many major labs around the world, it isn't a secret. Now knowing it's potential, it would be incredibly hard to suppress unless you got everyone around the world to never produce it again.

If this potential property of Graphene is true, it's only a matter of time.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by InFriNiTee

I wish I kept my Toshiba!~ One day..

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

reply to post by grey580

Have you ever heard of the vapor engine? If not, google it. 100 years ago this thing got nearly 100 miles per gallon of gasoline. Patent was purchased by an oil giant and the vapor engine has since been forgotten to history.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Nice find, F&S for the OP!

That's some really cool stuff right there and it's going to take something like this to release society from the grip of the energy cartels. Energy is the tool they use to enslave the rest of us and once we break their monopoly on it, the world will change almost overnight.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I have just been waiting for energy storage devices to "catchup" with current technologies. As an engineer there are ways to transform energy into usable output. Of all the alternative energies I've investigated they all fall flat when it comes to battery life. A couple years ago I saw a similar Video where they were developing sodium ceramic batteries, never saw a product. I sure hope this super cap technology pans out!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

reply to post by grey580

Yes I tire of this nonsense as well. I have yet to see a list of all the inventors, "free energy" devices they invented, when they died, age , and how. All I ever see is one ore two names involved in a car accident (well sheesh are these guys immune from such events !).

Unless every single country on the planet is part of NWO/TPTB (assuming it exists) then there is no way in hell the likes of China, North Korea, Iran etc etc would not use such technology......especially China !!!

If we used such technology the following would happen:
1. No more reliance on the middle east and so the withdrawal of all troops/bases from those areas. Massive cost saving, no more appeasing of despotic dictatorships.
2. Home devices would reduce fuel bills to zero and thus significantly increase spending power on consumer products instead of imported oil. Massive economic boost. Increased tax income, decreased welfare spending.
3. Significant improvement in air quality.
4. The first exporter of such devices (licensed) would make a fortune selling it and thus massive increase in corporate tax for the exporting country.
5. Anyone with half a brain knows the way to control a population is to control the water not oil. Nobody can switch to an alternative to water. Any NWO/TPTB would know this.

I think you need to do a little more research before spouting off a reply such as this^^^.

There are more than a few reasons for technology suppression and if you dont believe that it has happend in the past and is happening now then you are just living in denial.

As for controlling the water supply, Jesse Ventura's conspiracy theory show did an entire episode about water and how the global elites like T. Boone Pickens are buying up land with huge underground water supplies (aquifers). He also talked about how nestle is pumping the great lakes and selling the water to china.
edit on 26-2-2013 by Nicks87 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413

reply to post by grey580

Have you ever heard of the vapor engine? If not, google it. 100 years ago this thing got nearly 100 miles per gallon of gasoline. Patent was purchased by an oil giant and the vapor engine has since been forgotten to history.

Maybe it was baloney? Or it rusted? Or blew things up? If it had been patented, then the patent text is publicly available. What it is?

The laws of physics 100 years ago are the same as today. Wouldn't somebody have resdiscovered it? It's not like the Higgs boson.

Nobody wants to believe the unfortunate truth which is that the laws of thermodynamics still apply and progress is slow, difficult, and expensive and usually only from mainstream science & engineering.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join