It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is FEMA advertising on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This morning when i switched on my computer i had an advertisement from the FEMA on the new topic firehose page saying "preparing for tomorrow" with a link to their site (depicting dates for something that has,or might have happened in each state of the USA) :

As i am useless at trying to get this link info, could someone who sees it pop up try and paste in this thread please?

It would be interesting to know if "they" know something that other people dont? OR, are they just advertising here as there are more "Aware" people here on ATS

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
This may explain what's coming in March!

______beforeitsnews/alternative/2013/02/shtf-in-march-veteran-law-enforcement-officer-comes-forward-to-warn-america-video-2576456.html
edi t on 26-2-2013 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

The ads come from ad servers and are tailored to each member via cookies. IE FEMA isn't advertising to ATS as much as they are advertising to your search and surfing history, cookies, etc.

It really isn't surprising as the keywords used by a person wanting to stand up against FEMA would be very much like the folks who support it. Guns, social issues, natural disasters, and so forth.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

It means you are being very careless about your internet privacy.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks for your words Heff, BUT, what gets me is that firstly i am in Europe (although that might have no meaning whatsoever when it comes to advertising (especially for an entity like the FEMA) and secondly when it comes to keywords, i cannot understand where this would come into place as i do not on any occasion use keywords that may trigger this kind of "issue", so to speak.

Bit confused here!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
reply to post by Rodinus

It means you are being very careless about your internet privacy.

Thank you Silent for your pertinent comment, would you please care to elaborate and give me a lesson on how to be more careful please? Up until now i have never had an issue, Cookies are disabled, plenty of different Adware and other types of stuff on my computer etc etc...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Stop googling FEMA and you won't see ads for them...

-_-

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
There really isnt a conspiracy here at all, i promise.(lol) Seriously though, i haven't ever seen any FEMA ads here. I have, on the other hand, seen ads for the Steelers, Kaspersky, and various other products that I "consume" on a regular basis.

I dont think the Steelers are stalking me to try to sign a contract, and i doubt that Kaspersky is trying to get me to buy their product that I've already purchased, lol.

You are good man, no need to sweat the ads.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

-_-

Well Bo, either i was typing my last response when you were submitting yours, but apparently something blurbed inbetween.

I Googled FEMA for the first time in my 50 years today... May i suggest that you place your foot on the clutch pedal before changing gears and accelerating?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
You made me remember the guy who made a thread complaining about boobs advertising in the ATS home page, sometime ago.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wondermost
There really isnt a conspiracy here at all, i promise.(lol) Seriously though, i haven't ever seen any FEMA ads here. I have, on the other hand, seen ads for the Steelers, Kaspersky, and various other products that I "consume" on a regular basis.

I dont think the Steelers are stalking me to try to sign a contract, and i doubt that Kaspersky is trying to get me to buy their product that I've already purchased, lol.

You are good man, no need to sweat the ads.

LOL, thanks for the info Wonder.

No need to worry for me, i was just asking a simple question and of course i see no conspiration here... I have a fairly clear head as far as conspirations go... Just wanted to know if anyone else saw this and why (even though i am fairly careful on internet i get this ad in France!)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
You made me remember the guy who made a thread complaining about boobs advertising in the ATS home page, sometime ago.

I'm complaining?

Boobs you say?... you won't find me complaining about boobs mate!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hefficide explained it pretty well....not ATS per se, but a function of your cookies, browser, and ATS' ad companies.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thanks to you all for your responses.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

For soem reason, based on your search history or more probably some threads you've read here on ATS, your computer or your cookies think you have FEMA on the brain.

Don't worry though, it could be worse...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thanks Fort.

Pretty good video which kind os sums things up

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Originally posted by boncho

-_-

Well Bo, either i was typing my last response when you were submitting yours, but apparently something blurbed inbetween.

I Googled FEMA for the first time in my 50 years today... May i suggest that you place your foot on the clutch pedal before changing gears and accelerating?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Well stop reading ATS threads in that case...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
No wonder I'm getting discount offers on tickets from the National Cambodian Midget Wrestling League.

This would explain it.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Be thankful you aren't me. Apparently my search history and cookies suggest that I am lonely enough to consider a Kazakh mail order bride. In fact their ads tend to start with phrases like "Don't give up. There's still hope...."

Oh, and apparently 46 years old is old enough to already receive endless ads geared for geriatrics too.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Hopechest

Be thankful you aren't me. Apparently my search history and cookies suggest that I am lonely enough to consider a Kazakh mail order bride. In fact their ads tend to start with phrases like "Don't give up. There's still hope...."

46 years old is old enough to already receive endless ads geared for geriatrics too.

When you're 50 AARP greets you on your birthday, and they don't stop until you join or die, and sometimes not even then. My wife, dead now 18 years, gets AARP ads as well as those for Caribbean Cruises and credit cards. She never even lived in my house. I never submitted a change of address. It's weird.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join