It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this moving in the night sky?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I recorded this video about two weeks ago, what is moving in the sky?

Doesn't look like a satellite, not a plane as there was no noise and no red blinking lights.

edit on 26-2-2013 by theone88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Its a firefly, it is about to get stuck up in that blueish black thing.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by theone88

It looks like an airplane hitting turbulence.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Khedwulf

Definitely not a firefly as this was far away.

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

That is possible, but I did not see any other lights to indicate it being a plane.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by theone88

Ha ha I wasn't talking literally, it was a Lion King reference. You know when Timon, Pumbaa and Simba are sitting there looking up at the stars, and theorizing what they are.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Ha ha I wasn't talking literally, it was a Lion King reference. You know when Timon, Pumbaa and Simba are sitting there looking up at the stars, and theorizing what they are.

Haha okay.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
After 10 times watching i finally saw it

A blinking pixel !!

Amazing

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Snaffers

I'm only gonna derail this thread for hopefully two post. What band is that in your avatar? I've been wondering since i joined. It kinda creeps me out a little. Wouldn't want to walk up on that gang of trouble in the middle of the night!

Anywho, back to the OP. Do you live near a military base? I do, and i see some questionable stuff flying around sometimes. Might be one of the gubments?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I hear noise from your cam but apart from that a marvellous black screen when viewing your video...

Can you explain in more detail please?

kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
By definition it's a UFO, but without radar or other independent confirmation, etc. classified as "insufficient evidence" if reported. "Unreported" doesn't get a classification. It's one of the best sighting videos on which to base an ATS UFO thread so far this year, but that isn't saying much, either.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Why do you say it doesn't look like a satellite? I have to agree with you on that by the way, to me it looks like a star.

How can anyone tell whether it is the object or the camera moving? You word unfortunately is not enough.

That said, it could be anything. One white pixel on a 25 second video doesn't really warrant a discussion in my opinion. It is basically a blank canvass for the believers and non-believers of anything out of this world to try and convince each other that they are right.

ETA: Actually it DOES look more like a satellite.
edit on 26-2-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Hi All

have a look at this video watch in full screen.

vimeo.com...

The scene was captured using a 50 mm lens, iso 8000, f/2.2, 8 second shutter, 9 second intervals.

It's on this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a timelapse video of Asteroid 2012 DA14 as it passed close to Earth the pictures were taken from Australia the Asteroid is the small white dot that moves down the screen from the top left.

If you watch this video you will see a meteor burn up and leave a plasma trail , you see aircraft the fast moving streaks, you see small white dots crossing the Asteroids path. The small white dots are satellites that's how they look.

The OP video is most likely an airplane it blinks you have know idea how far away it is (no noise) .

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I recorded this video about two weeks ago, what is moving in the sky?

Doesn't look like a satellite, not a plane as there was no noise and no red blinking lights.

If posting videos like this as we have a world wide membership and we all don't live next door to you the following info is always helpful.

Time,Date,location filmed from, direction you are facing, angle up to object in sky, camera details make model any info re exposure details if known.

This can help to rule out certain things.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
If the camera is stationary, I would say a weather balloon caught up in a draft.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

That is possible, but I did not see any other lights to indicate it being a plane.

A plane with its landing lights on may look like a constant non-blinking light. You can't always see the blinking lights on a plane. Plus, a plane with a landing light could be bee seen from far away (and thus making no discernible noise).

It's also possible that this may be the International Space Station. I can't tell from your video if the "bouncing" motion was due to camera movement, but I assume it is. If that's the case, and the light moved smoothly and in a straight direction, then maybe it was the ISS.

The ISS is often the brightest object in the night sky (other than the moon, of course) -- even often outshining Venus.

Do you have an exact time and date you saw this -- plus a general location and the direction you saw the object? Using these things, we could tell you if it may have been the ISS or maybe a satellite.

edit on 2/26/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

It really does look like an insect flirting about. Since you said it was too far away for that to be correct, I asked the military what they thought.

They said it was a weather balloon.
Then they changed their mind and said it was Venus.
But that was overruled and the description was changed to marsh gas.

When I asked Common Sense what it was, they labeled this as an unknown.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect

It really does look like an insect flirting about...

I think the "flittering" motion is caused by the camera shaking.

If the camera was shaking, then the object could have been moving along a smooth path, like the ISS would move.

edit on 2/26/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It's a rock!

Wait a second wrong forum ...

*checks Forum name*

It's a plane!

In all seriousness, it kind of resembles the planes I see way, way up heading to the city. Although we can see no stars, so we have no orientation of what we are looking at. I assume the camera is shaking.

It could be anything really ...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think we can safely rule out satellite. The exposure on the vid isn't enough to pick up any stars let alone a satellite.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Ive seen better ufo videos on the internet. thats probly just an airplane. I do believe in them tho LOl!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join