It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell: what's the point?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Why do you carry the OPs thread, this guy has disapeared itself and not answered a single post for a week or more. I havent received a response, and I wasted time here; why do you? No responsibility to ones own thread means the disconnection notice was in the mail 4 days ago.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

!. Maybe I just can't help myself.

2. Of what interest is it to you anyway? Maybe you think I enjoy beating dead horses.

3. I find it odd that you would question me right after I had had an excellent and courteous exchange with IsidoreOfSeville ...I wish all ATS members could post like him.

edit on 22-3-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

!. Maybe I just can't help myself.

2. Of what interest is it to you anyway? Maybe you think I enjoy beating dead horses.

3. I find it odd that you would question me right after I had had an excellent and courteous exchange with IsidoreOfSeville ...I wish all ATS members could post like him.

edit on 22-3-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

NO OP NO THREAD; it breaks some rules somewhere in Siberia.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
We're not in Siberia, well, kinda, sorta...

Anyway, if something worthwhile is still being said, the absence of the OP (I hadn't noticed) might just be irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

We're not in Siberia, well, kinda, sorta...

Anyway, if something worthwhile is still being said, the absence of the OP (I hadn't noticed) might just be irrelevant.

Lazarus, I was wrong. If there is any life left in a thread let it breathe in and out. The relevance is in the rememberers and continuation of the continuance of a positive thoughtform.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

No biggie...

So, what are your views on Hell?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

No biggie...

It is entirely subjective and personalized to your life experience. It is exactly what you plan for yourself (unknowingly). The short version would be that you were a Pawn Broker in this life; you go to a place where all of the others of the same profession arrive/congregate. I10 exit ramp signage "pawnbrokers". There one would have only others of a like kind to swindle or profit from. Much ironic funsterism going on to my point of view. Hell is what you think it is, not a place a state of mind. This happens for a short period only until you realize the folly of your human ways past life specific--then you move on (no one eternally condemed if so no soul growth for the Creator) to another place of teaching: thumb screws, water boarding, BAD Country Music played 24-7. I have disliked the process by some religions to promise either heaven by sacrifice or the escape of "hell" by repentance on a deathbed. ALL FALSE premises. To my mind its is entirely up to you what your spirit/soul experences upon the immediate body death experience. It is not long lasting but enough of a slap to jolt even the hardcore criminal into a more positive frame of beingness. Hell is uniquely and brilliantly designed to each individual (are you afraid of spiders).
edit on 23-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

No biggie...

Hell is simply put "the grave".

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Religion and reason don't fit.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jauk3
Religion and reason don't fit.

Agreed. However, the Bible is more reasonable than you might think at first, after you strip away the religious trappings (like Hell). For instance, the book of Daniel contains the outline for the scientific method, and I think it's the first time the scientific method was written down in any literature. Also, consider this:

Genesis 1:1
In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

So, there you have physics covered too.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

edit on 23-12-2013 by PhilosophyEasy21 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join