It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Not paying it's claims, Plaquemines Parish claims.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I still see occasional commercials here in Missouri that run about the Gulf Coast. They always show happy, healthy and perfectly content people. Often, with BP taglines and catchy little slogans and sayings from their actors or actresses. I've wondered how things have gone down there. It doesn't sound real good by this.

NEW ORLEANS (CN) - Plaquemines Parish, the "epicenter" of the BP oil spill, sued the company in Federal Court, claiming BP has not paid a single one of its claims for damages arising from the worst oil spill in history.

Plaquemines Parish "was the epicenter of the damage and clean-up operations following the blowout, explosion and sinking of the Deepwater Horizon," the parish says in its complaint. A parish is Louisiana's equivalent of other states' counties.

I wonder how much the people running the Parish there may have to tell if they get pissed off enough over this? There are sure a good number of unanswered questions as anyone who has followed this all closely knows. I wouldn't think BP would want to so badly upset "tptb" (lower case) in Louisiana?

By BP's own accounts, over 44,000 acres of parish owned wetlands and beaches were directly impacted by oiling caused by BP. Documented oil mats lay off the coast of the parish causing re-oiling of marshes with each new storm. The parish has suffered and will continue to suffer economic damages in the form of past and future lost revenues, lost business opportunities, diminution in asset values, loss and damage to wetlands, costs of coastal monitoring, increased costs of coastal projects due to delay and damage to wetlands, increased administrative medical and psychiatric costs, administrative costs for BP's use of parish facilities, administrative costs of PPG in response to the disaster, wear and tear on parish infrastructure, costs to implement marking campaign to reverse stigma damages and investigative costs in preparing the presentment to BP and all other damages set forth and categorized in PPG's October 30, 2012 presentment to BP."
Source

Whew.... That last one was a mouthful and the majority was one sentence. I thought I had a run-on problem. lol... Anyway, I'd say BP needs to pony up what they rightly owe for the damage and ongoing misery their negligence (at best) is STILL causing, to this day. It's very much an ongoing crisis, as noted, by how they get the wetlands re-oiled from off shore oil which came from Deepwater Horizon.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Nothing to add accept I agree 100%

snf

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Yep, BP still pushes their promotion agenda, telling everyone how great it is.

I mean, I understand trying to bring people back, but they are using it as a PR move to make it like it is back 100% and they did such a great job cleaning everything up.

Just floors me.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

worst oil spill in history.

No way near the worst oil spill in history...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I guess that's entirely a matter of opinion, since solid numbers are near impossible to come by. The Wiki version is 4.9 million barrels blown into the gulf waters over 87 days of uncontrolled, high pressure release.

Other Sources estimate the flow rates and sustained release to amount to as high as 8.7 Million Barrels based on a 100,000 Barrel per day release rate.

It's hard to know though, because British Petroleum has done an outstanding job of contracting every single professional and researcher they could locate, so hiring those same people to find truth which isn't helpful to BP stands as a conflict of interest and isn't legally possible. It's a cheap stunt they pulled from day #1, but it'll keep those numbers largely speculative too.

13 Largest Oil Spills in History

By sheer numbers .... Deepwater falls into the #2 Worst of all time ...by Government estimates, which would put it at only 210 Million U.S. gallons lost to the environment. However, again, those suppose a VERY low estimate of flow rate. At the higher estimate, it takes number 1 with a real distinction. Depends on how accurate the estimates are....and imagine, clean up got a tiny tiny fraction of anything like #2, let alone #1 all time release. So much is still out there and suffocating the bottom in a mat, as some enterprising scientists have been out there to see.

edit on 2-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
this happened after valdez as well. after it falls off the back pages, they checks stop coming

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Rabbit your ears are as long as you are wise. I stand corrected..

new topics

top topics

join