It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God is perfect then....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Also:

Did you know that if a man faces a period of intense prolonged hunger/famine between the ages of 8 and 13 that this will actually trigger dormant genes within his DNA to turn on that he will then pass on to his children and grandchildren that will make them more resistant and immune to sicknesses and diseases and will statistically live longer, healthier lives?

I think that's a pretty clear example of how a 'positive' effect can come from someone else's 'suffering.'

To not see the 'silver lining,' if you will, is rather shortsighted and 'woe is me,' don't you think?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Like I said. There is no excuse for God. If he truly wanted a universe of love and harmony with beings of love and harmony he would have created just that. There is just no excuse.

What or who in his/her/its right mind creates a polar world with primitive beings and then warns these primitive beings to refrain from doing things or else they will get punished with suffering. Only a God that seeks entertainment would have this idea. It's like warning a lion to not eat meat while holding a piece of fresh deer in front of its nose! I mean where is the sense in that...

For a being with ultimate power there is no excuse.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
What does God actually DO for us?

I mean really?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrperplexed

I mean really?

He gives knowledge and insight to those who are worthy of it

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I mean really?

That and, y'know, the whole creation of the universe thing. Not like thats a big deal or anything.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mrperplexed

The Biblical god does a lot for us. Answers prayers randomly andor through favortism. Sends people to eternal punishment for absurd reasons. Depending on humanities timeline; condones rape, slavery, child abuse, mass murder. Thought policing. Religious intolerance. Dividing people instead of bringing them together. A whole lot more... And for those reading this eager to reply. I am more than willing to back each point Biblically.

Now the real God, assuming there is one, the best answer would be it gave us existence.
edit on 27-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I mean really?

So he favors certain humans over others whom he deems worthy of certain knowledge???? WOW....

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass

I mean really?

That and, y'know, the whole creation of the universe thing. Not like thats a big deal or anything.

Not proven he created the universe, but for arguments sake lets say he did... What has he done since? What has he done in our lifetime that has shown he exists or made an iota of difference?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

It's not favoritism, per se. Look at it this way, would you tell someone anything if they said you were full of crap, that you didn't exist, or that you were an evil heartless douche? Would you bother telling this person anything if you knew that they would just dismiss it immediately?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

It's not favoritism, per se. Look at it this way, would you tell someone anything if they said you were full of crap, that you didn't exist, or that you were an evil heartless douche? Would you bother telling this person anything if you knew that they would just dismiss it immediately?

If I were a perfect God, yes. I would prove I exist.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I mean really?

Not proven he created the universe, but for arguments sake lets say he did... What has he done since? What has he done in our lifetime that has shown he exists or made an iota of difference?

LOL, what a question, what has he done since.

If he hadn't created the universe you wouldn't even be here, and yet you want him to do more for you, make you happy and comfortable while you spit in his eye, is that it?

What has he done since? He has spoken to people, perhaps not overtly but in subtle ways through the universe. He has inspired people, given them hope, given them wisdom and understanding that they might face the trials of this world and turn their lives into something beautiful. He is guiding this universe and countless others in an on-going act of infinite creation.

Yeah, God's a pretty busy guy, much busier than you could even imagine.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I mean really?

So he favors certain humans over others whom he deems worthy of certain knowledge???? WOW....

Why are you shocked?

Those that attempt to work within his rules receive his benefits...

IF you're a good employee at your job, in many cases you get a raise or a promotion... correct?

Its not favoritism... all his children are loved equally

Some just work harder then others... and hard work deserves its rewards

edit on 27-2-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

What makes you think that lack of emotion is equal to perfection? If God made man in his own image and man is an emotional being wouldn't that imply that God is an emotional being as well? If you think that God does not experience emotion then apparently you have never read the Bible. Give it a read and see what you think.

If God made man in his own image and man is an emotional being wouldn't that imply that God is an emotional being as well?
Using that reasoning, man is imperfect. Therefore God is imperfect since he made man in his own image, correct?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Then how exactly would you go about doing this?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Since HE is a perfect God... you WILL know he exists... Eventually...

Unfortunately God is not without a sense of Humour...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lance_covel

If God made man in his own image and man is an emotional being wouldn't that imply that God is an emotional being as well?

Using that reasoning, man is imperfect. Therefore God is imperfect since he made man in his own image, correct?

Why is it that you assume that emotions make us imperfect? Having and experiencing emotions does not make us imperfect. Allowing our emotions to take complete control of us is where imperfection comes into play.

ETA: Just because we are made in His image doesn't mean we are clones. My kids are made in my image- they are similar to me in a lot of ways, but exactly like me? Not by far!
edit on 27-2-2013 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I mean really?

LOL, what a question, what has he done since.

If he hadn't created the universe you wouldn't even be here, and yet you want him to do more for you, make you happy and comfortable while you spit in his eye, is that it?

What has he done since? He has spoken to people, perhaps not overtly but in subtle ways through the universe. He has inspired people, given them hope, given them wisdom and understanding that they might face the trials of this world and turn their lives into something beautiful. He is guiding this universe and countless others in an on-going act of infinite creation.

Yeah, God's a pretty busy guy, much busier than you could even imagine.

That's just it. WE give ourselves hope, not God. WE make our lives beautiful, give ourselves and each other hope, wisdom and understanding... not a fictitious God.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Bull$%##... so he allows me to suffer in the interim?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

yup... Life is all about learning and suffering...

Though one can lessen the effect of suffering by following the Two commandments Jesus gave...

Don't be mad... it doesn't help your situation

It is... what it is...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

What makes me angry are the atrocities commited in the name of God. To be fair, I think the teachings of Jesus do lead to a harmonious life, as do the teachings of many many others. I just dont believe in God. I think over the course of the last few days, my agnostocism is turning more to athiesm or a belief that there is a God, he has no interaction whatsoever with us.

yup... Life is all about learning and suffering...

Though one can lessen the effect of suffering by following the Two commandments Jesus gave...

Don't be mad... it doesn't help your situation

It is... what it is...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join