It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If Sin brings death both physical and spiritual, and Jesus did not sin, How did he die a physical death? was there death in the garden of eden before sin?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Prisoner60863

Jesus came to earth in human form as a complete human. He endured the same temptations we all do. And this is why Jesus knows our own suffering, over and above his all knowing. He lived as us.The only thing is that he was a perfect man and so did not sin. And because he was perfect he was able to stand in our place on the cross while God distanced himself from Jesus to see if he was worthy enough. At that moment on the cross God took into account every sin ever and placed it on Jesus. Jesus was worthy enough and he physically died on the cross. But 3 days later he rose again. I hope that helps. Jesus is the bridge for us to access God. All we have to do is believe in Jesus and accept what he did for us and we are forgiven and accepted into the eternal kingdom of God.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Forgot to answer: there was no death in the garden of Eden. It was the moment that Eve and Adam ate the fruit and then God kicked them out of the garden. At that point they became flesh and so were subject to death as the body was no longer perfect.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prisoner60863
If Sin brings death both physical and spiritual, and Jesus did not sin, How did he die a physical death? was there death in the garden of eden before sin?

Jesus died a physical death for our own sins, but He conquered death of both kinds and came back to Life by His own power and destroyed the "original sin", allowing for God to once again dwell in the hearts of men.

I think that Eden was very different before sin, more than what can be humanly understood at least

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Innocence; NOT SIN died in the Garden of Eden when 'Free Will was born' and so behold THE gross matter manefests. Jesus died a physical death because he understood his innocence died at his betrayal (same thing).

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Once solid matter; the symbolism here being the (apple/matter/knoweledge) was consumed the human body became dense. You realise this is all a fairy story describing other events not worldly. This was a laboratory environment and we humans are too innane/fragile to be told the truth about our creation story? Make one up like a Mothers Goose or Grimms we still keep swallowing it and believeing it. Adam and Eve in a Garden of Eden indeed.
edit on 25-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

If Sin brings death both physical and spiritual, and Jesus did not sin, How did he die a physical death?

Physical death was the result of the first sin in the Garden.

was there death in the garden of eden before sin?

No.
edit on 25-2-2013 by LazarusTsiyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

So people who don't sin don't die ?????????

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Do you know anyone who has not sinned ?It is appointed for every man to die the first death . The death of the soul would be the second death Only two people have not died for over 2000 years , Enoch and Elijah ,but they too will die in the city of Jerusalem as the two witnesses .

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Two negatives make a positive. This has to do with debt. Jesus is the redeemer. He redeems what is lost in debt. Our negative must be walked back to positive. To do this, Jesus is required to contribute a positive. This is how debt is paid. To Jesus, he contributes a positive, which then becomes a negative to him. No gift can be given unless it is first earned. Once earned, it's a positive. When given away, it is lost to the one you give the gift to. IN doing this, he earns more. Giving always produces surplus. Christ is rich in mercy and grace.

Negative times negative is positive. With us, we can only add or subtract debt from our works. We can never pay our debt. The negative is too great. Multiplication is needed. Christ died a horrible death to pay our horrible sin. Two negatives equal a zero balance. He did this willingly, therefore He did not accomplish this unwillingly. He earned the gift he gave. God's will is to give only. The will of the thief takes, requiring repayment of what is taken. Christ gave from his own works to all of mankind. Not only this, He is in the belly of the fish (Jonah) for two days (2 thousand years). The prayer of Jonah was the prayer of Christ paying our sin. He entered hell in your place. How can Christ rise again? From where? Read Jonah.

Who is Jesus? The heel of the loaf of bread on each end. Adam to Last Adam.

Read this post: Adam to Last Adam

We are the loaf of bread.

edit on 25-2-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

My heart just skipped a beat as I read that post of yours.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

I think we will be here to see it or at least to know about it . We could be in the camps or on the run at that time .It can't be too long now .

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccseagull

Jesus came to earth in human form as a complete human. He endured the same temptations we all do. And this is why Jesus knows our own suffering, over and above his all knowing. He lived as us.The only thing is that he was a perfect man and so did not sin. And because he was perfect he was able to stand in our place on the cross while God distanced himself from Jesus to see if he was worthy enough. At that moment on the cross God took into account every sin ever and placed it on Jesus. Jesus was worthy enough and he physically died on the cross. But 3 days later he rose again. I hope that helps. Jesus is the bridge for us to access God. All we have to do is believe in Jesus and accept what he did for us and we are forgiven and accepted into the eternal kingdom of God.

I know this is going to offend you, and I really dont mean for it to, but in all honesty, do you really believe this? For the record I am open to the idea of a creator, and in past threads I have authored I share my near death experience and am open to something else being out there.

But think about what you said. If God is perfect, why would Jesus have to know our suffering? Why would God distance himself from Jesus? Why would God have to "reason" every sin? Why would God need a "bridge"? Why would God care if we know about Him? Afterall he is perfect and has zero need for acknowledgement. And if we need to be "forgiven" that implies contempt or anger on the part of God, is that a perfect God? Etc, etc, ad nauseum....

link   
Double post.
edit on 25-2-2013 by mrperplexed because: double post.

link   

Agreed. Prophecy is unravelling before our very own eyes. We are living in incredible times and soon we will be face to face with the one who loves us more than we can even fathom.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccseagull

Agreed. Prophecy is unravelling before our very own eyes. We are living in incredible times and soon we will be face to face with the one who loves us more than we can even fathom.

Has said every believer for the past 2013 years..

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I truly do not know what will happen but I pray for the spirit of the peoples' in those days, so that they may understand and turn away from evil rather than fear and despair.

As for me, my eyes always stuck to the page which mentions the two witnesses who turn bodies of water into blood, the two lamp stands who speak of God and spit fire, the two palm trees who's bodies lay in the street for everyone to mock and calumniate.

These images have a powerful effect of nostalgia in me.
edit on 092828p://111 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
God doesn't know our suffering, nor does Jesus.

Have they grown breasts only to have them hacked off so to not be able to feed their children as happens in African countries?

Have they been raped by priests that preach about how all knowing God and Jesus really are? All knowing my ass.

It's hell on earth for some.

Oh what it is to be self-righteous.

ho hum ho hum...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Must be aliens.

You are like slaves loving the slave master. Bent to believe that the atrocities committed against you were because of love for you.

A bit like saying "Oh the lion stalks and devours the gazelle while it is still alive and conscious, because the lion loves the gazelle and the gazelle accepts the lion into his heart."

Slaves to an imagined being created by men, to control your actions. Sins will get you death. And no man is without sin. Except Jesus.. and well, he only died because god said he could, because he really loved him.

It's a shame so many people still believe this rubbish. It's sad that some even fight over it.

sad..

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
God doesn't know our suffering, nor does Jesus.

Have they grown breasts only to have them hacked off so to not be able to feed their children as happens in African countries?

God is present in the heart of each victim in the world, He is there to offer consolation and the Kingdom of Heaven to those unhappy people.

Jesus watched His Mom watching Him get spat on, cursed, and crucified. He watched people whom He had cured of illnesses strike Him and throw stones. He knows our suffering better than we do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join