It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After the Tribulation: The Pre-Tribulation Rapture Fraud Exposed - Documentary

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I know what you're already thinking... "Really!?! - this again!?!"

Well, you can hit the "back" button, close this tab, exit IE/Safari/Firefox/Chrome, leave the room, turn the power off or run about with your eyes closed and ears plugged if that is what you're honestly thinking!!

Now that the new search feature is finally working for me, I used it and didn't find this documentary posted yet. From what I can tell, this was published on Dec 23, 2012, although this specific video has the publish date of Feb. 9, 2013.

What is the purpose of this documentary?
-- This documentary sets out to alert us that the "pre-tribulation rapture" theory is wrong and to prove we will all go through tribulations on earth, using nothing but scripture from the King James version of the bible

Who are the main participates in this documentary?
-- The film features Pastors Steven Anderson and Roger Jimenez; and an phone interview with Kent Hovind (in prison)

Lessons learned (short version - the documentary represents the long version):
1) There is no evidence in the bible of a pre-tribulation rapture, which means we will all go through tribulations.
2) "Tribulations" and "wrath" as mentioned in the bible are two completely different events.
3) The bible tells of the chronological order of the three events once Satan takes rule:
> Tribulations
> Rapture
> Wrath
4) "The Bible Way to Heaven
> Admit you are a sinner
> Realize the penalty for your sin
> Believe that Jesus died, was buried and rose again for you
> Trust Christ alone as your saviour"

Please take note of the following irrelevant topics prior to posting (to stay on topic):
"Every religion is just a story"
"Why are only Christians right?"
"God doesn't exist"
"Satan doesn't exist"
"Historically, religion is responsible for more deaths than everything else combined"
"Most Christians pick and choose parts of the bible to believe"
"A god that punishes billions of people is not a god I want to know/love/worship/praise"
"I found a depiction of Jesus on my toast this morning"

Don't kill the messenger!
My beliefs are irrelevant!
Keep it civil!
Happy ATSing!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

That's a long video. I'll be sure to bookmark and give it a watch it when I have some time. Very interested to see what they have to say.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
You stated there is no tribulation rapture according to the video. When is the rapture supposed to happen?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

Yes, the problem with videos is that they're so much more time-intensive than reading print.
I rarely watch them.
However, the first line of the summary gets it right; the church goes through the tribulation (that's the point of the book Revelation, to encourage them while they're doing it).

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

You stated the church goes through the revelation. I have been taught that the church is not represented in Revelation after Chapter four (I think). Anyway it is after John is caught up to heaven. There are so many different theories, views it is confusing.

edit on 2/25/13 by celticsea because: wrong word

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Yeah I'd much rather that it could be summed up somehow. The only way I am really able to watch vids like this is if I download them and then burn them to a DVD.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by celticsea

I see the church
being sealed in ch7
worshipping God and witnessing in ch10
being slain by the Beast in ch13
and one or two other places that I can't remember quickly.

The believer in Rapture says "Ah, yes, but that's not the church", and I say "How do you know?", and they say "Because the church is not mentioned after the third chapter", and that's when the argument is in danger of getting circular.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Yes, the problem with videos is that they're so much more time-intensive than reading print.
I rarely watch them.
However, the first line of the summary gets it right; the church goes through the tribulation (that's the point of the book Revelation, to encourage them while they're doing it).

Really? That's funny because the church, "ekklesia" is not mentioned anywhere on Earth after chapter 4:1.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by celticsea

That's because the church itself is divided, and each of the three views believes they have proof their version is right. When I was in the church, I read books and articles devoted to this very topic. I finally decided Warnke was right, no matter what the church may think of him at this point.

"It's not when to be ready. It's to be ready whenever." Mike Warnke
edit on 2/25/2013 by Klassified because: Rework.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

They can still be there without being called by that particular name.
The word "saints" is certainly there.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The problem is that so many today hold Tim Lahaye's books as "gospel truth."

What side of the debate do you stand on? Which view do you hold? You're clearly not a "futurist."

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Why does it matter?
God wins.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I'm not sure about my official labelling.
I believe that Revelation is describing a tribulation which is still in our future, and all the threads in my Revelation series have made that argument.
I'm just not counting "pre-tribulation rapture" as part of the expectation.
What does that make me?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

From what I remember, after the church is taken up the scenes switch back and forth from Heaven and earth.
The church is in Heaven worshipping the Lord and the people "left behind" are being slain for their beliefs if they have come to have faith after the rapture.

I am Bapitst and this is basically what is taught. But there are a many different beliefs I guess we will see. I know I would really like it if we didn't have to go through the tribulation.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

They can still be there without being called by that particular name.
The word "saints" is certainly there.

But not all saints are members of the ekklesia, the church. Any redeemed sinner is a "saint". The church, ekklesia, is the bride. Sorry to get uber technical, but I think that's sound exegesis.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I wonder if you are making a legalistic distinction which God does not make himself.

P.S. 1 Corinthians ch1 v2
"To the EKKLESIA of God in Corinth...called as HAGIOI";
Are they not the same people?
One word means they are set apart for God, one means they are gathered together.

edit on 25-2-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
No one actually knows for sure until it happens, but I have always thought everyone goes through tribulation. Christians think we shouldn't go through pain or be put in a tough situation. God loved us yes , but he never promised a easy life on earth and even though we are Christians, a majority of us are horrible. Sounds harsh , but truly we are. We watch tv all the time, stay on the web , focused on material possessions, are gluttons, we don't witness enough some not at all, women dress like harlots and we are so judgmental and just downright mean. Do we really think we don't deserve tribulation? It doesn't mean we won't go to heaven or that we are not forgiven. We just deserve it.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I wonder if you are making a legalistic distinction which God does not make himself.

I'm not. The Bible refers to all believers as "saints". However, not all believers are a member of the church, the ekklesia. Also in Revelation John is told the candlesticks represent the church, and in 4:1 the candlesticks are present in heaven, not on Earth. Now, there will be a great number of people who come to faith during Daniel's 70th week, and they will be saints at that point, but the bride, the ekklesia isn't present on Earth.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

How are believers not part of the church? That makes no sense. Also it seems like your suggestion that the Church is raptured based on the fact that they aren't mentioned prior to Chapter 3 is a bit of a stretch. That's hardly a concrete piece of evidence.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join