It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for info on UFO’s in Flagstaff Arizona.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I’ve accepted a temporary assignment here in Arizona, and we are all familiar with the UFO event, the Phoenix lights. So you can imagine my curiosity when I got a little time off to explore the area. While in Flagstaff, I had the opportunity to talk to some of the locals, and have learned that this place seems to be a UFO hotspot. A local Navajo woman stated that she has seen numerous bright white lights that make no sound, hovering above Humphreys Peak and San Francisco Mountain. Another resident told me that they have seen silver to white pulsating balls of bright light above Little Elden Mountain, and A1 Mountain. I asked both of them if they were sure that what they saw, were not planes, medical helicopters, or jet aircraft, since there is a local airport and hospital nearby. Both said that what they saw were not aircraft. I also found it intriguing that these mountains are volcanic. And how many times have we heard stories of UFO activity around volcanic formations.
I’m now wondering if any ATS members know of any UFO activity around Flagstaff Arizona?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
You're within easy driving distance to snowflake and that area where Travis Walton was allegedly abducted. I've driven through there many times and it always seemed like a good place to put something you don't want found - a LOT of wilderness out there.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
You're within easy driving distance to snowflake and that area where Travis Walton was allegedly abducted. I've driven through there many times and it always seemed like a good place to put something you don't want found - a LOT of wilderness out there.

Snowflake? What do you mean? Was he abducted in Snowflake Az?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I've seen things which I have questioned as to the nature of here in Flagstaff, military or..... can't be sure but those are always at higher altitude.

What I have seen several times now here and you will see around this Mountain is Ball Lightning

It's a total trip, I had always questioned it's existence before moving here but I assure you ball lightning happens here often enough to be called "common" something about this gigantic mountain filled with Iron jutting out of the desert from a surrounding of desert in nearly every direction....

But i've been as close as a few hundred feet to a sphere and it's a pretty radical thing to behold....

Kind of had this desire to go try and jump into one lol.... maybe end up in land of the lost or world of dungeons and dragons lol.... but then I figured.... naw i'll prolly just get electrocuted

seriously tho.... Ball lightning, it's the nature of the place.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Was there for several years and never saw a UFO. There are, however, a lot of deep woods and the mountain is sacred to Navajo. I had heard that you don't go out exploring the back woods at night. People have seen things, IN the woods, not in the skies. A beautiful area otherwise.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Spent a lot of time up there myself - went to grad school at NAU. While there I was living in Sedona - just south of Flagstaff along Hwy 89 through Oak Creek Canyon. Sedona is the real hotbed of activity in that area. Lots of sightings and related reports. Google UFO and Sedona and see what comes up. Some has been written here on ATS about Sedona, AZ as well.

Here's my last post on this subject, check it (and the thread here): Interesting Happenings in Sedona, AZ

Good luck, have fun, and keep looking up!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Yep. I've heard a lot more about Sedona and UFO activity. It's also a very spiritually cleansing place, if you subscribe to those beliefs. The natural beauty is astounding.

I have also heard things about Sycamore canyon. It's very remote and a lot like Oak Creek Canyon, except there's no road cutting through it.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Yes thats where he was abducted. Drove through there myself coming home from a dig in NM. Just drove through Flagstaff on my move from Vegas to Miami. Enjoy the desert scenery, I already miss it.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Snowflake? What do you mean? Was he abducted in Snowflake Az?

Yes, in the National Forest near there. They were based in Snowflake/Heber area. You drive through Heber if you take the shortcut from New Mexico/Interstate 40 to get to Phoenix - you get off 40 at Holbrook. Really nice drive during the day and you can cut a half hour or so off the trip. Otherwise I usually go to Flagstaff and head south on 17.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Just remembered an incident when I was traveling North on AZ87 south of Payson. Two Federal Government Suburbans FLEW past me like I was parked, and I was going probably 75 or 80. So naturally I floored it and fell in behind them. Hey - pace cars, excellent. Anyway, those two, me, and a few cars behind me were all hauling our grits toward Payson at a ridiculous velocity, and I still lost them ahead of me. As I rolled up into Payson there was a state cop with a speed trap and he wrote me up. Gov Suburbans were nowhere to be seen. Seems like the cop was running interference for them.

I don't know of any federal facilities up that way besides the National Forest. If anyone knows, it would be interesting to find out where they were in such a huge hurry to get.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by penninja
I've seen things which I have questioned as to the nature of here in Flagstaff, military or..... can't be sure but those are always at higher altitude.
What I have seen several times now here and you will see around this Mountain is Ball Lightning
It's a total trip, I had always questioned it's existence before moving here but I assure you ball lightning happens here often enough to be called "common" something about this gigantic mountain filled with Iron jutting out of the desert from a surrounding of desert in nearly every direction....
But i've been as close as a few hundred feet to a sphere and it's a pretty radical thing to behold....
Kind of had this desire to go try and jump into one lol.... maybe end up in land of the lost or world of dungeons and dragons lol.... but then I figured.... naw i'll prolly just get electrocuted
seriously tho.... Ball lightning, it's the nature of the place.

Thank you, I too am very familiar with ball lightning. I would also believe that the life long local residence would also be familier with ball lightning. The next time I see these people, I will ask about the ball lightning.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
From Flag head east on 40 to get to Snowflake. You'll hit Meteor Crater, outside of Winslow, after about 30-40 mins . . . definitely worth the visit, if you haven't been.

I was just at the SF peaks last week and hang out in Williams, 15 mins to the west, at least twice a month (I have to hike Kaibab/Grand Canyon region or get nutty!). Haven't seen anything for a while, but ball lightning is very common around the peaks and inbetween Williams and Flag. I believe it's the extinct volcanic peaks and the fact that copper and other RE elements are common . . . but, what do I know?

I've witnessed the V-shaped craft that flew over before the PHX lights and other "unexplained" lights in and just north of PHX . . . but, never anything up north (other than ball lightning).

Also, like NM, there are a few "off the grid" military installations up there . . . especially if you head NE towards the Four Corners area . . . which could explain strange lights. Driving through S Central NM from 12am-4am always weirded me out, when driving to Texas. Check in with the local Hopi's and see if they will point you towards any "sacred viewing sites". They are actually quite welcoming, but will take a while to truly warm up and take you out on trails.

Good luck!
edit on 2/26/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

There are a lot of fenced off "No Trespassing" "Private Property" type installations between the White Mtns and Central AZ/Flag area. A lot like making the drive along 60 from AZ to Socorro and on to Clovis . . .

Seem really benign during the daylight hours, but very anxiety producing at night . . . especially with that tooley fog in NM. I was heading to W Texas one time and some how made a left instead of a right (right around Socorro, I think before) and was stopped and turned around by the classic canvas back Army transport.

Lots of Gov shenanigans all around those Four Corner States!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

If you want to go through the area of where Walton was abducted, from 40E go south on 377 and down to 260E . . . pick a forrest service or logging road and explore . . . Be careful though!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path

If you want to go through the area of where Walton was abducted, from 40E go south on 377 and down to 260E . . . pick a forrest service or logging road and explore . . . Be careful though!

Thanks,
If people see so many strange events around here, I wonder why there aren't very many photos.
I brushed up on Travis Walton, holy Moses, this abduction happened not very far from here

Aghhh, back to bed. Acclamating to night Ops

edit on 26-2-2013 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

While you are in the area...

The San Luis valley of southern Colorado is filled with high strangeness.

www.cyberwest.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I never seen one but I bet there real cuz look how bit the universe and galaxy is. were the only ones?? NO WAY.!!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Thanks,
If people see so many strange events around here, I wonder why there aren't very many photos.
I brushed up on Travis Walton, holy Moses, this abduction happened not very far from here

Aghhh, back to bed. Acclamating to night Ops

Well . . . I assume pics would mean you are in a position to capture during the split second it takes place. The only event I witnessed (and want to add I think most are military events anyway) that I've witnessed, which I had the chance to get something to tape or film, would have been the triangular craft in '97. Unfortunately, we were on our way to go bar-hopping in Scottsdale and my primitive phone in '97 didn't have a camera or video. At the time I thought is was the B2, as it wasn't directly overhead, made no noise, and was very big. However, in '00-01, they started flying the B2 in and out of Luke Air Force Base and realized what I saw in '97 was not a B2.

Also, I think the Native American tribes around here just consider all of it part of the natural world and don't sit out looking to snap pics like we non-natives do.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Thanks,

Aghhh, back to bed. Acclimating to night Ops

Well . . . I assume pics would mean you are in a position to capture during the split second it takes place. The only event I witnessed (and want to add I think most are military events anyway) that I've witnessed, which I had the chance to get something to tape or film, would have been the triangular craft in '97. Unfortunately, we were on our way to go bar-hopping in Scottsdale and my primitive phone in '97 didn't have a camera or video. At the time I thought is was the B2, as it wasn't directly overhead, made no noise, and was very big. However, in '00-01, they started flying the B2 in and out of Luke Air Force Base and realized what I saw in '97 was not a B2.

Also, I think the Native American tribes around here just consider all of it part of the natural world and don't sit out looking to snap pics like we non-natives do.

That's cool, I didn't mean any disrespect. I'm familiar with the B2 and Luke AFB.

I have brought with me the same equipment that we used when we went to Dulce.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Above Phoenix and Flagstaff is an ultra High Altitude airspace called Blackrock 58. This is an FL600 that is controlled out of KZAB. KZAB also includes the Bravo class airport PHX (Sky Harbor). Most of Military will use this free airspace and can easily be identified by as one of ours. Perhaps with more input from the locals, I'll be able to see something that is not ours.

When I get some free time, I'll set up somewhere near by and see if anything pops up.
Thanks for your contribution.
edit on 28-2-2013 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join