It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Used Fake Marines at Inauguration?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
since the M1 is long out of service and only used now for training and service matches "parade rifles"are junk rifles that are no longer shooters but with good steel and wood stocks that are used for parades and funerals.
many have the firing pin hole welded shut and just look good

"As mandated by federal law, an honor guard detail for the burial of an eligible veteran shall consist of no less than two members of the Armed Forces."
The honor guards at funerals use these non functional parade rifles because they are not classed as weapons and can be carried in cars to the funerals without problems with local gun laws

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

So M14's are not issued anymore.

Only used for parades.

Just like I said in the first place.

Have I still lost my credibility?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc91hps
Unkempt uniforms is a different thing. If you look you will see longer coats than the usual Dress blue coat that is trimmed entirely in red for enlisted marines. This is what I can only assume to be a dress blue cold weather coat that is black or dark navy blue with the white belt. You can see a bit of the red trim from the dress blues on the neck collar and the ends of their sleeves. Trust me on this; they would have had multiple dress blues inspections and the dress blues would be perfect. The only reason I can give for the supposed unkempt uniforms is that a decision was made to utilize the black over coats and all the Marines probably had them stuffed in a sea bag or the bottom of the locker. Regardless of how they looked it was every Marine wearing it or none of them did. And it was cold that day. That jacket is not issued at boot camp and I, myself, have never seen one. (Granted I'm in an infantry unit)
Just to add to this. The Blue coats you're all seeing in a Unit issue coat, and only (as far as I know) only used at certain ceremonial duty stations (like 8th and I). There made out of the same material as the standard issue service uniform rain coat (very prone to the wrinkle effect).

Originally posted by robobbob
hows this for an idea. regular troops were replaced not with actors, but politically reliable security forces?

As a former Security Forces Marine, I thought that the statement "reliable security forces" funny. Security Forces aren't just Marines that are thrown into an 8152/51 MOS, but rather they are selected after a rather in-depth mental evaluation, and special schooling. After that they are sent off to their posting assignments. If a Marine is noted as "un-reliable, problematic, or any other possible issues" they are sent off to the fleet.

Originally posted by ANNED
since the M1 is long out of service and only used now for training and service matches "parade rifles"are junk rifles that are no longer shooters but with good steel and wood stocks that are used for parades and funerals.
many have the firing pin hole welded shut and just look good
This isn't true for all cases. M-1s are still used as ceremonial rifles in firing squads at funerals. The ones we had at my duty station were still in fully working order. They have a BFA attached to them in order to fire the blanks used for these functions, but we had an occasion where we took them out to the range for a shooting event.
edit on 28-2-2013 by Guyfriday because: Added information.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

You know what I meant, the "bolt action" versus mechanical action, I realize there is an internal bolt, but that is what I was trying to state. Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213

Originally posted by OOOOOO
reply to post by Signals

They look like crap the Chinese make them look really bad.
Lett me see if I can Find clip

Found it this bad www.liveleak.com...

If someone can embed this

edit on 26-2-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

Always in awe by the Chinese Marching. Now that is tight. Has to be physically taxing as well, those leg movement's and the arms. Everything is perfect.

edit on 27-2-2013 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

Thanks Nola213, that Video makes our guys look like crap, especially when it was before our Great Dictator ,Obama, if these Chinese preformed that way I'm sure they would be punished severely , . Really to watch those Chinese is something else, it make Marines in video look very bad and none professional, they had to be Bad actors, if not we are in great deal of trouble or will be.
edit on 1-3-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7   >>

join