It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Used Fake Marines at Inauguration?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
My brother in-law had 3 Felonies before he reached 18. The US Marines were the only branch that would accept him.

Could be why they wanted them disarmed.

Also remember Green Card holders USED TO have to serve +3 years honorably in our military, pay $375, and pass a test to get US citizenship AND a Security Clearance in the military. PResident Bush gave all Green Card holders immediate US citizenship if they served 1 day in our military....which gave them all immediate Security Clearances.

Lots of foreign ops with alternate intentions now residing within our military. There's a good reason they wanted them disarmed. We don't trust them.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Obama fears a military coup. There is plenty of disinformation out there which in a way validates the truth. There have been abrupt high level firings of military commanders and all military leadership has supposedly been restructured.

Then you have groups comprised of armed forces personnel such as F.E.A.R. which were planning on assassinating Obama and using force to retake the country.

The fact it is hushed and that disinformation is spread validates it for me as being true.

He is scared of his own army.

edit on 27-2-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'm a bit late to this thread. I'm currently in the Corps. As for unshaven Marines, I don't see any from the pictures. But being that it's winter and skin problems, a lot of African Americans get "no shave chits" because of bad razor bumps the tend to get if it would be dangerous to shave the bumps off and get an infection.

Unkempt uniforms is a different thing. If you look you will see longer coats than the usual Dress blue coat that is trimmed entirely in red for enlisted marines. This is what I can only assume to be a dress blue cold weather coat that is black or dark navy blue with the white belt. You can see a bit of the red trim from the dress blues on the neck collar and the ends of their sleeves. Trust me on this; they would have had multiple dress blues inspections and the dress blues would be perfect. The only reason I can give for the supposed unkempt uniforms is that a decision was made to utilize the black over coats and all the Marines probably had them stuffed in a sea bag or the bottom of the locker. Regardless of how they looked it was every Marine wearing it or none of them did. And it was cold that day. That jacket is not issued at boot camp and I, myself, have never seen one. (Granted I'm in an infantry unit)

These Marines are from Marine Barracks at 8th and I if I'm not mistaken. These guys really have no excuse. Look up the Silent Drill Platoon on youtube. Best rifle drillers and marchers in the Corps. But they were made that way. They don't choose people who can march well for that platoon. They take poster boy 5'10" to 6'2" Marines to make it a uniformed height so the formations look better. The Marines at 8th and I are typically 031xx (infantry) Marines that get the worst duty station possible. They are trained to shoot and then spend their contract doing nothing but ceremonial parades and a lot of other super POG things. (POG is a term for personnel other than grunt) They might have the job title of an 03 but they have the POGiest jobs imaginable and most of them will never go over seas once.

As for marching and "Why are some looking left and some looking straight?" There is a drill move called 'eyes left' or 'eyes right'. And it means what it sounds like. Every column except for the outside one in the direction called turns their head. The left or right stay forward. Its normally accompanied with a salute. And I will let you in on a secret. Boot camp makes Marines for sure. It's physically and mentally challenging. You do end up marching and drilling a lot. But the purpose for it is to train you to have "Instant willing obedience to orders". Once you leave boot camp (unless you go to Marine Barracks or something similar) drill becomes the last priority unless you are preparing for the Marine ball. since leaving bootcamp I marched in formation to and from the chow hall during infantry school and that's it. Once you learn to follow orders you get trained to be efficient at your job. Whether thats infantry or Motor T. But drill serves no more purpose and would only take away from valuable training hours. My platoon in boot camp won the final drill competition and I honestly wouldn't be able to do anything but a forward march any more. It's been 3 years. So, like I said. The Marines here should have had plenty of practice marching since that's what they do. However I have a friend in the reserves whos reserve unit was asked to March in the innauguration. And if active Marines don't have time for drill then reservists definitely don't because after boot camp and job school they only get 3-4 days a month to train.

Also, you may see North Korea or China marching thousands of soldiers in formation and each person being perfectly in step. It might look cool. But that takes a lot of time and continuous training to get and stay at that level. Time that could be spent mastering marksmanship or something else. Drill is pointless. And while I harped that they were POGs, every Marine is a 'rifleman' and is required to maintain a certain degree of efficiency with a rifle so, again, drill gets pushed to the back of the line.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'm amazed how many of you think every Marine is a drill perfectionist, super fit poster boy of the Corps. As a Marine, thank you for your high opinion. Contrary to what you may thing, most Marines don't shoot expert, are not part of the silent drill team, and will get pissed and stop caring especially about Marching around for Obama. With that said, it's embarrassing they looked a little out of whack in the parade but who cares.

Why would Obama specifically get "new" Marines about 60 of them 18-25 years old just to walk a few miles and I know that 8th and I would be losing their mind right now if the potus said it was them and it wasn't. What is the gain? Just because he doesn't like Marines? Truth be told most of these guys are probably either on the funeral teams and some on the band. The band doesn't usually march long distances and they wouldn't have practices much together.

Semper Fi but this conspiracy is totally unbelievable.

I'm also amazed that you would be so quickly to strip away the one thing that most Marines care more about than anything else... the title... because they don't walk like you think they should.... I'm done with this thread

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
So you are suggesting that Obama replaced marines, with ringers because he is afraid of coup?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by piotrburz
So you are suggesting that Obama replaced marines, with ringers because he is afraid of coup?

Strange times we live in.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
hollywood marine

That's an actual term used by Marines to identify guys like me who went to boot camp in San Diego.

You ask me, this is the epitome of a peacetime Marine Corps. It's hard to explain the mentality, but really it comes down to when the Marines aren't training for war, they get complacent. When Marines get complacent, they slack off on stuff. Of course, it doesn't help that a lot of the brass likes to make things even more strict in regards to how things are conducted stateside.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

Actually I have since realised it's the M16 I was thinking of. I thought the M16 replaced the M14 as the issued rifle?

So if they're carrying M14's, I think my point still stands.

It was the standard issue U.S. rifle from 1959 to 1970..

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2/27/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
You guys are talking about "fake Marines", but are you sure it was the REAL Obama?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Those are M1 Garand's, and you can clearly see the action is completely intact. The M1 Garand does not use a bolt, that would be what the M1903 Springfield uses. Looks like the rifle's are in order to me.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
As a former marine (just got out about a year ago) in my opinion the marines were fake. Before any drill, especially one as big as an inauguration, we would practice at least a week in advance. The marines shown have a chain of command that would have ensured proper uniform fit and clean shave. I notice the terrible marching and fitti g of u iforms as well. As for the dispute of the bolt being out, marines could have been ordered to remove only their firing pin to give the illusion of a properly working weapon.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JacobRS86

Are you issued M14's or M16's in the Marines? I didn't think M14's were even issued anymore?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhensley84
The M1 Garand does not use a bolt, that would be what the M1903 Springfield uses.

There is a lot of Garand owners that are going to be real disappointed that they have parts in their rifles that shouldn’t be there.

www.44mag.com...
www.ammogarand.com...
www.thecollectorsource.com...
www.northridgeinc.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

We are issued m16 but use the m14 for certain ceremonies. Many retirement ceremonies that aren't in the public eye will be done with an m16. The m14 just looks more traditional I presume.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OOOOOO
reply to post by Signals

They look like crap the Chinese make them look really bad.
Lett me see if I can Find clip

Found it this bad www.liveleak.com...

If someone can embed this

edit on 26-2-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

Always in awe by the Chinese Marching. Now that is tight. Has to be physically taxing as well, those leg movent's and the arms. Everything is perfect.

I found this to embed couldn't figure how to embed liveleaks Appears to be the same video but with a minute long into, so skip to 1:00 for the marching.

edit on 27-2-2013 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

When Bill Clinton visited Hawaii while I was stationed there, he came through for a visit. Us Marines were the only force to have to remove the bolt carrier group. Doubt the Jarheads were ringers.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
You guys are talking about "fake Marines", but are you sure it was the REAL Obama?

touche'

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I was in a High School Air Force ROTC Color Guard for Gerald Ford in 1977 and we had to remove the jets from the end of our flagpoles. As he walked by he did not transform into a reptilian nor mumble a Illumanti oath. You guys really need to grow up and stop discussing things you know nothing about.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacobRS86
reply to post by ANOK

We are issued m16 but use the m14 for certain ceremonies. Many retirement ceremonies that aren't in the public eye will be done with an m16. The m14 just looks more traditional I presume.

That is what I thought. So the rifles used in ceremonies are not always the Marines own issued rifle?

I know they didn't in use their own in Pensacola, where the M14 rifles used for the graduation parades were kept with the flags we carried, and they were not operable. They were kept in parade condition, as I remember seeing them cleaning them.

So point is, this could explain the guns with no bolts right?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

from my experience
marching mediocre. definitely not ceremonial parade level. uniforms, below standard. shoes, well below standard-they should be gleaming. weapons improperly held. bolts definitely missing from video'd troops.

hows this for an idea. regular troops were replaced not with actors, but politically reliable security forces? secret service, political operatives etc. just in case some of the regulars were to try something they would be right there in their midst, not just for violence, but reporting any slurs, disrespectful signs. every good marxist military needs their political officer/commissars nice and close to their men, right?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join