It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Used Fake Marines at Inauguration?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

That sounds about right (especially the part about Capitol Police). My dad had to work the Commander in Chief ball and from what he's said, to say that it was poorly managed would be an understatement. I honestly don't understand why a lot of it is done so badly. Regardless of who wins, an inauguration will happen. There's no need for the bad management and confusion for a good portion of what goes on inauguration day.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Everyone was miserable, pissed off, and did not want to be there.

I could easily see that on the marine faces and there expression say a lot. By the way so Obama or his admin actually know there is a threat on Obama?

I had never seen a tight security on any US president before expect for Bush.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
As a Marine... They look legit to me. The silent drill team is amazing but the other 99% of Marines are just good at drill. They were marching, not floating so of course they were bouncing a little and with eyes right command its very difficult to stay perfectly straight as you are aligning of the person to your 45. Lastly they didn't look unshaven to me. They may have had some stubble or shadow but they've probably been up since 4am doing uniform inspection, weapon draw, formations, ect.

Not to mention that they probably were tired and pissed off. They weren't just marching 100 ft or 50 ft. You only saw that much on the tv but they marched they WHOLE length of the parade route at right shoulder arms which will kill your biceps.
edit on 26-2-2013 by Virole because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
They didn't look too good. I was on a drill team and did find when we worked with other teams it did get pretty chaotic.

As for the guns.. obama hates guns?? maybe he should disarm his armed guard too.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AveMaria

No, I never chose him, weird post BTW....

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Why would you assume that just because I started the thread in Skunkworks

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

They look like crap the Chinese make them look really bad.
Lett me see if I can Find clip

Found it this bad www.liveleak.com...

If someone can embed this

edit on 26-2-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I used to be active duty Army infantry.

I skipped to about 13:00 and watched for less than 30 seconds and I can tell you that there is no way these guys are real Marines. We could march better than that after a few weeks into basic training and Marines are supposed to be able to show the Army up in every way. These guys in the video look like they were taught drill and ceremony in band camp, not boot camp.

The question is, Why?
What possible reason is there for using fake Marines in this function?

edit on 26-2-2013 by RebelSoldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RebelSoldier
reply to post by Signals

I used to be former active duty Army infantry.

I skipped to about 13:00 and watched for less than 30 seconds and I can tell you that there is no way these guys are real Marines. We could march better than that after a few weeks into basic training and Marines are supposed to be able to show the Army up in every way. These guys in the video look like they were taught drill and ceremony in band camp, not boot camp.

The question is, Why?
What possible reason is there for using fake Marines in this function?

Afraid of real ones?

It's tough to say, but your view seems to be shared with the majority of repliers

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
They are struggling to even stay in step!

Watch the real soldiers march at 14:05 and then you'll see how sloppy these guys are.

I understand the statements about them being tired, but drill only makes you tired after you've done it long enough to do it with precision so i say they're obviously not tired enough
edit on 26-2-2013 by RebelSoldier because: added to

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Who cares!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Military people care!

It is a crime to impersonate a soldier. Impersonating a soldier is telling people that you've held honors and done things that others have really done while you just sat on your ass. People who impersonate soldiers also have a way of making the real soldiers look bad.

And if the Commander In Chief of the Armed Forces has really commissioned people to commit this crime, then that's far worse than an individual doing it on their own accord

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Can't freakin' believe I actually created an account here, but I couldn't take reading the responses here because I know exactly what's going on. When I was in basic it just so happened on an inauguration. They routinely take a company in boot camp from each branch to go march in the inauguration parade, it's a random privilege. I've seen it first hand.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eyesonthefly

That sounds like a plausible explanation, although it seems like they would only want to have the best at an event like that.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1

Yay for the marines for putting up a fight and calling BS! I'm glad you stood your ground! I still think you should go to the press.......

Good point, what would you recommend, Press TV, RT?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Honestly I just don't know. I was in the Air Force, and we focused on marching quite a bit...And I've never seen a purposefully staggered formation or anything of the sort, and from what I see, they are just not very good at marching. We used to do the eyes to the side, and although it is difficult at first, it gets pretty easy after a bit. Considering that this is such a prestigious event, I would think they would have at least practiced to the point of being able to march in a line while looking to the side.

However, I have been around marines on various AF bases, and I will say that they did not seem to focus on being perfect and pretty in their formations...Which is understandable, as they focus more on fighting and training. But I have never seen marines march this sloppily tbh, and the marines I saw were not marching in an event like this...Just around the base, and not for a parade event.

I would think they would march as well as a drill team. I've seen inter-service drill competitions before, and all branches of the US military are very snappy and snazzy, because they practice a lot, and that is what I would expect of any servicemen parading at any type of important event. About the bolts...In the video the bolts were missing, for sure. But, I do not know if that is normal for an event where the president is located. I am thinking that maybe this is not such a big deal, especially considering the sheer amount of security Obama had put up at this event.

I mean this is the most security I have seen him utilize to date, and more than many other presidents from what I remember. I think that he knows the sheer opposition to what he stands for and is trying to do, and I also know that he knows it is not Constitutional, and he probably fears for his life more now than ever before. This is understandable, considering that he is literally trying to get away with murder with the killing of US citizens via drones, as well as confiscate weapons. We all know that is what the goal is, and I fully expect a sporadic 2nd revolution if a federal injunction comes down demanding the laying down of arms...Sporadic for a while, but after those who are really willing to die for the Constitution and what it says take up arms, others will follow. They simply need others to do it first. That is what I think anyway, and although I wish things could be resolved without anyone being forced into such extremes, that seems less and less likely as time goes on, although many state governments are refusing to be bullied into illegal actions.

People seem to forget that there is a process for creating new laws, and nowhere in that process, when a Constitutional right is concerned, can the government simply overturn the Constitution. The SC has the final say on such issues, and it would not surprise me if oversight like this is eventually done away with in the future...That is if the criminals in office are allowed to continue their pillaging of the justice system.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

It wouldn't be speculation by someone just analyizing videos.

that large hole where the bolt should be? i wouldn't call that speculation.

it's much easier to photoshop a few pictures than to edit a whole video.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
I had noticed that, but I attributed it to a silent protest by the troops.

The order came down that they was going to be serving at the inauguration. They said, no we don’t want to. The commander says I sorry but that is an order. You will.

So they follow orders and show up, but no one ordered them to be clean cut, or to march in with any semblance of order.

So they intentionally let their beard grow out, let their uniforms get out of order, and broke formation to show their disrespect.

If what you're saying is true, let's hope they're dishonorably discharged. We don't need our elite branch infiltrated by the likes of disrespectful sissies. Any marine who would think that way, I would rather they just go ahead and defect to whatever enemy state it is they support. We don't need, not want them weakening the United States Marines with their sissy, crybaby, anti-Marine attitudes.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesonthefly
Can't freakin' believe I actually created an account here, but I couldn't take reading the responses here because I know exactly what's going on. When I was in basic it just so happened on an inauguration. They routinely take a company in boot camp from each branch to go march in the inauguration parade, it's a random privilege. I've seen it first hand.

I can't believe you did either. While your point is well taken, and I have no problems with it whatsoever, I do find it odd and creepy the way you opened your post. Is that supposed to negate some kind of "dirty" / "naughty" feelings you're having about having created an account here? Just wondering why the disrespectful (to all members here) attitude had to come along with you blessing us with your unbelievable presence here.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Definetly fake marines .. met several back in the 60's during my time with s.o.g .. and in the years since ... NEVER saw a marine look that sloppy in uniform .. and they certainly march far better than the "marines" shown at the inaugeration ... hope the real marines go after them and hang the imposters by the balls ...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join