It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBAMA to Bus In People for NRA Protest in Albany

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Yup last year they did that here too. 2 buses and a bunch of people got paid $20 and a free meal was funny when the media picked it up. This major local problem but couldn't get any protesters must have been real major

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by babybunnies
I would bet that the NRA did the same thing - bought people in for their pro gun rallies last week.

I bet the NRA didn't use tax dollars to pay for it.... or union dues.

Remember, when you malign the NRA, and their money that they spend to protect the Second Amendment...
You malign my friends, relatives, coworkers and me: all the NRA members that contribute money for the specific cause.

Exactly NRA membership is volunteer, or by choice. It's a club so to speak. One that specifically supports 2nd amendment rights and is to represent gun owners. So I too would hope they would spend any amount of money to support the trashing of laws that go against what their members cherish. It is to be expected of them to do that. Sorry babybunnies failed argument there unless I misunderstood what you ment which is entirely possible as this is the internet and not a face to face conversation, happens all the time. But thanks for stopping by and offering your opinion.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Am I the only one thinking this is being done to see if these "protesters" can piss off an NRA member enough to take a shot at someone? Maybe they will be able to find that one hothead... Just like Nancy Pelossie tried to do at the rally against Obamacare in DC. Remember the huge gavel she was carrying??? If that happened they could have a field day labeling ALL gun rights Americans as crazy killers. It would really go a long way in turning the tide their way.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I dont know how or why anyone would ever consider listening 2 a word u say.I just don't get how u can be Anti Gun when your Government wants to rape u and guns r your only hope and as sad as it to say Nowadays guns probably won't safe us from the tyrannical government we are all about to c show its ugly disgusting face. I will say tho that even tho I don't like hour stance I still have hope 4 u. Go to a Local Gun Store & ask questions make yourself more informed u do realize people kill people not guns kill people. A gun does not target innocent people phsycopaths do that wether its with a bat hammer fist spoon ratchet shoe rocks fire u get the point please INFORM yourself it will protect u a lot more than your voice will goodluck

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by andyr1112

I dont know how or why anyone would ever consider listening 2 a word u say.

Because most normal, well adjusted non gun nuts dont base the validity of a persons statements on their stance on guns.

Im going to ignore the rest of your post due to the fact I plan on having a pleasant day and getting into a pointless argument with a narrow minded individual like yourself would just ruin it.

All the best

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
It is a real union.
And, being a union, it is a front for criminals and corruption.

Being tied in with politics is just another angle of the criminals and corruption. It has been that way for a long time.

The fact that they are showing up for a rally that has nothing to do with labor ( other than a gun ban will kill American jobs ) shows us that the unions have to pay back their political patrons.

I don't think defacto that a union = corruption/criminality. A conflict of interest union does = corruption/criminality, absolutely. Probably a poor choice of words but you can't serve two masters. Any time you have a conflict of interest (for instance SEIU is aligned with a labor management partnership here on the west coast and continues to bargain from a baseline/platform of contractual concession in the face of record profits of the employer, among many other abuses and non-representation) you will always have backroom deals and corruption.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

You still have to obtain a permit from the city, you can't just run all over the place protesting, disrupting traffic etc.

So to allow two permits on the same day for opposing groups is just asking for trouble.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

That's a concept most on the left cannot understand.

The difference between PRIVATE money and TAXPAYER money. And the fact that the government has no money of its own.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryan1977
Am I the only one thinking this is being done to see if these "protesters" can piss off an NRA member enough to take a shot at someone? Maybe they will be able to find that one hothead... Just like Nancy Pelossie tried to do at the rally against Obamacare in DC. Remember the huge gavel she was carrying??? If that happened they could have a field day labeling ALL gun rights Americans as crazy killers. It would really go a long way in turning the tide their way.

Kind of like when they proclaimed people were shouting racist remarks, but no one could ever provide the video? Even when a reward was offered?

That's exactly what I think, and the end result will be that people that hate or fear a confrontation will stay home, which is really, IMO, the ultimate motive.

Though an entire group can and should not be held responsible for one persons' actions, if anything were to happen, regardless of causation, it will look very, very bad.

In this world, looks count.

edit on 27-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Who is paying for the busses? If it is tax money I will be pissed.

And people say that a Marxist insurgency in the US doesn't exist........

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Exactly ......it is tax payer money for a private agenda...

Also if anyone is hurt they should Sue the office giving permits to the second group opposed on the same day. It is reckless and dangerous.

That is why I see the left as aggressive and underhanded. Stunts like this that seek to subvert the Democratic process are more akin to "might makes right" philosophies. Pro-gun people should be able to voice their concerns without reprisals or the threat of confrontation.

Obama is a terrible leader that puts his people in danger for the advancement of his personal ideals.

edit on 27-2-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Especially considering the 28th rally by the NRA & citizens of NYS was planned quite a while ago. This union/Obama thing was created over the weekend. But I am glad people are starting to wake up and see this for what it is. Thanks for stopping by.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by tadaman

Especially considering the 28th rally by the NRA & citizens of NYS was planned quite a while ago. This union/Obama thing was created over the weekend. But I am glad people are starting to wake up and see this for what it is. Thanks for stopping by.

I am glad to see the citizens of NYS are taking a stand against the unconstitutional bill that was rushed through the legislature.
Your neighbors in Pennsylvania are going to try to head off any similar legislation. I hope that our legislators listen to the voice of reason.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

SHOCKING!!

You are living in ground-zero of the 2nd amendment battle, so I’d expect nothing less than shenanigans from the Chicago mob occupying the White House.

Up-State New Yorkers will hold their ground for the state…I have faith. I can’t wait to see the videos of “New Yorkers”…cough…cough...championing the gun-grab!

It looks like Obama called 1-800- Rent -a - Mob !

edit on 27-2-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman
reply to post by timetothink

Exactly ......it is tax payer money for a private agenda...

Also if anyone is hurt they should Sue the office giving permits to the second group opposed on the same day. It is reckless and dangerous.

That is why I see the left as aggressive and underhanded. Stunts like this that seek to subvert the Democratic process are more akin to "might makes right" philosophies. Pro-gun people should be able to voice their concerns without reprisals or the threat of confrontation.

Obama is a terrible leader that puts his people in danger for the advancement of his personal ideals.

edit on 27-2-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

Watch closely.

When the Rent - A - Mob performs the rally you will see a very small elite group
show up and Hi-Jack the peaceful demonstration.

Then all hell will break loose.

That's the formula used in San Francisco and Europe.
It usually works.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryan1977

Yes, it's called baiting the NRA.

The assault on the 2nd Amendment must be devious.
It will also fail.

Do you wonder exactly who is standing behind the curtain and orchestrating all of this?
It's not just Obama.
I predict they will watch this all unfold on TV from their Four Seasons Hotel room and then
laugh out loud.

"This is too easy!"

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hope the bus crashes with no survivors.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well now that they called off their involvement (wise idea I might add), it seems things are going good at the rally. Good turnout and getting the message out.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Thursday afternoon, Governor Andrew Cuomo's office released a transcript of his comments in response to the demonstration.

"On the issue of gun control, it's been a controversial issue for decades. One of the reasons that government hasn't done anything, frankly, is because it's been controversial. I think gun control has been long overdue. We've had some recent, terrible acts of gun violence. Newtown, Conn. Webster, N.Y., right outside of Rochester.

But those were recent. This has been going on for years, and years and years. I've been working on this issue for over 20 years. So yes, it's politically controversial. About 70% of the people in the state support gun control, 30% don't and 30% feel very strongly about it. So that is the nature of the issue.

I would love to know where he pulled these 70% for gun control 30% against figures from?

Thousands protest NY SAFE act in Albany

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

I could tell you where but I would get a post ban if ya know what I mean. Seriously yes he's been at this since the first assault weapon ban like he said 20 some years. Now what do I think is the end purpose of this? I think this especially in NYS was done on purpose, he knew full well it would fail but like a cog in the machine pressed forward. And I also think that we will be facing this on a national scene soon, and it's gonna effect all the states, I really believe it was all created for a national backing and enforcement. Yet another slight of hand trick from the tricksters.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join