It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBAMA to Bus In People for NRA Protest in Albany

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Don't be a hater I am just quoting what the article says. Now that I got that out of the way it has been a long weekend for myself here in NYS. First we had the seiu starting a campaign against what we folks in NYS have been planning for over a month now in our state capitol in Albany on the same exact day as us. Feb 28 2013 is the day in case anyone here does not know. Now we have this popping up in the news after the seiu site on facebook was taken down yesterday and replaced with something to the effect of it being cancelled for the time being. I am sure just looking at all the posts on that link as to why they might have changed their mind. But anyway really? Who would approve this in advance knowing full well the permits have been filed long ago for the NRA and citizens rally on the 28th, who in their right mind would approve a permit for protesting in the same area, as to almost want to incite something. I know many of the anti gunners will be here shortly saying this is all nothing blah blah blah, but oh it is way more than nothing and I myself can see it for what it is. And answer me this, Does seiu members realize the industries at risk under this law are union shops? Expecting trouble is all I am gonna say for now, it's obvious why these groups are being called upon....

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Governor Cuomo and our legislature passed the “NY SAFE ACT.” It will reduce gun violence in our state. Predictably, it is under attack by the National Rifle Association and allied groups. :::We are joining with the SEIU 1199 to lobby in Albany. This free bus trip will last from 8:00 to 4:30 with breakfast and lunch included. Meet up at 250 S Clinton St. Park in the M Lot at the corner of W Fayette and S Clinton Sts. (Parking in that lot may be validated. No sure yet.) Show your determination to keep our excellent new law!:::You must call this number to get a seat on the free bus. 315-424-1743 Ext 110 Ask for Nekeia:::Also sign up here.

patdollard.com...

Again these two articles were passed on to me by another person to my attention, I am not a regular follower of either of these sites and until today have not heard of them. All I know is what I have seen with my own eyes and ears on the ground here in NYS, and the current climate statewide about the whole situation.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It sounds like they are joining the union protestors so is the SEIU 1199 union paying for the food and buses or is obama paying for them?

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Have all of the NRA protestors call and sign up for the free bus ride and meals. The fewer moochers that show up, the better.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
It sounds like they are joining the union protestors so is the SEIU 1199 union paying for the food and buses or is obama paying for them?

Thats what I gathered from the info presented as well.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Some of you may already know this but I lean a bit towards the anti gun side

The free bus thing I have no issue with as many organisations offer transport to various rallies and gatherings but the free breakfast and lunch!!!!!

Even I think this reeks of an attempt to get extra numbers to turn up.

Im definitely no Obama fan but the title seems a bit misleading, after checking out the article somehow I doubt Obama was involved in the thinking behind this, Just saying
edit on 25/2/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

But we have two very different sides doing the exact opposite on the same day. Can you not see a potential problem here? And no I am not worried about how the gun folks are gonna act, because I know what kind of people they are. It's when you get groups like seiu and other organisations involved that things turn ugly, not bashing them but it seems to be the way it goes. This is the day for the citizens to have their voice heard, their buses paid out of pocket by themselves etc. Like I said two entirely different groups of people.

I see you changed the way you had it worded a little bit, but I will keep my post as it was because I think you brought up some valid questions I asked myself. It's all good.
edit on 25-2-2013 by jaynkeel because: add comment

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Have all of the NRA protestors call and sign up for the free bus ride and meals. The fewer moochers that show up, the better.

Yeah but having to resort to their infantile tactics when generally us folks don't have the extra time due to actually having a life ya know? But to those that did that very thing lol!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You do realize that they canceled the counter-protest?

Most of SEIU’s membership is black and Hispanic, while most of the opponents of the Cuomo law are white. Advocates on both sides of the issue were concerned that any confrontation would be seen as having racial overtones
LinkageThat is funny stuff there, but considering this next fact.

But late last week, rally backers were startled to learn that 1199, which has strong ties to Cuomo, Mayor Bloomberg and the state Democratic Party, had joined with the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence to bus backers of the new law to a counter-rally.

So then with this little fact added to the mix.

As word of the planned counter-rally spread, the Albany police and aides to Cuomo agreed there was the potential for a serious confrontation.

So i disagree w/the OP's assertion Obama was gonna bus people in and forward that Cuomo was behind it and he realized what the political price was going to be.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

SHOCKING!!

You are living in ground-zero of the 2nd amendment battle, so I’d expect nothing less than shenanigans from the Chicago mob occupying the White House.

Up-State New Yorkers will hold their ground for the state…I have faith. I can’t wait to see the videos of “New Yorkers”…cough…cough...championing the gun-grab!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Nah, Seabag this has little to do with Obama and all to do with Cuomo. He wants to get himself in the White House and is trying to steal a page from Chicago operating procedures. There is a guy worse than Obama when it comes to political double talk.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

So i disagree w/the OP's assertion Obama was gonna bus people in and forward that Cuomo was behind it and he realized what the political price was going to be.

Again please re read my op. I used the text from the article headline, NOT MY WORDS. Hence the whole reason for the very first sentence to the op. Sorry but when I take the time to point it out please don't post crap like that......

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Nah, Seabag this has little to do with Obama and all to do with Cuomo. He wants to get himself in the White House and is trying to steal a page from Chicago operating procedures. There is a guy worse than Obama when it comes to political double talk.

Worse than Obama??!!?!

Are you talking about Cuomo or Rahm Emanuel?

Well, it’s a concerted effort. Obama and his ilk started the war and Cuomo is leading the charge in NY. This is how cronyism works as you well know…you’ve gotta champion the causes of the current leader to gain favoritism and set yourself near the top of the pack. It worked well for John Kerry.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Okay relax jaykneel, let me correct myself by saying now I disagree with the OP's article and that it is Cuomo. I am glad that you posted it actually because this kind of "out-sourcing" is becoming a sad reality in politics. Can't get enough people from your area to support something? Bus em in from elsewhere. Again I wasn't trying to shoot down your thread. I was just throwing some more info out there for it!
For posting this thread [and a flag and start also]

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

But we have two very different sides doing the exact opposite on the same day. Can you not see a potential problem here?

The right to peaceful assembly and also free speech is protected by your constitution,

There is the potential for issues having these 2 groups in the same vicinity but you cant suspend peoples constitutional rights based on "potential problems".
If Im not mistaken this is exactly what the pro gun rally is all about, protecting constitutional rights.

The only part of this I see as dodgy is the free food

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Considering how quick Gov. Cuomo jumped on this I feel he did this to upstage Obama and get his name outside on NY. Do you really think Obama would allow someone else to steal his thunder by acting first?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Ahh got ya apologies to you, little edgy lately. Now I get what your saying, and thanks for the input.
And thats one of the things really getting me under my skin with this, the need to go out and find people to support your stance (Cuomo) unlike 75% of the citizens of the state saying hell no we don't want it. And I can already see how the media is gonna try to spin this if things get heated there, and certain folks should be held responsible for organizing their protest on the same day as ours the citizens.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Lets hope these agent provocateurs sent from the white house do not try to stir up trouble by attacking the legally armed folks... It will end badly for them.. These government sent bus full of goons needs to stop, it should be illegal.. When one of these sent goons forces someone to shoot them we will have a HUGE problem.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Not a problem! We are both on the same side on this issue. The scary part is I recognize the location given on that map in your link it is near where I live. It is still in NY, but they seem to be forgetting how to protest. Bringing in Unions to counter protest after the poor showing from the last time. There was a larger amount of people protesting the safe act then went in support of it. The unions are not the best choice of flunkies.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
gee, no mention of OBAMA TO BUS IN PEOPLE.....just making crap up, again and again and again..............

hey how about....PAUL RYAN OUT TO DESTROY AMERICA!!!!....same proof as above

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Yes, the people have a right to protest.. It is one thing to show up on your own accord but quiet another to be a paid person to be there for the other side.. to try to tip the scale... and engage/antagonize a peaceful demonstration... to be used by the paying side to say see... I'm very well sure you are in full know how that works..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join