It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Companies Have Stopped Selling to Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States(now at 44)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0001391

Originally posted by Klassified

Still, I have this gnawing feeling at the back of my mind, that while Americans are focused on the 2nd amendment battle, we're not seeing what their other hand is doing, and what we're being distracted from. We need to remain diligent to watch both, what is obvious, and what may very well be sleight of hand.

Other hand? It's more like some kind of multi-headed hydra with too many tentacles to count with each one actively working to do evil onto the world. Robbing, torturing, pillaging, raping, killing.

If you attempt to sit at a table for a reasonable discussion but your opposition is slipping poison into your glass it's time to realize that it's beyond the point of diplomacy.

They've been picking the pocket of liberty, justice and decency since before I was born.

Why does history have to repeat itself over and over again? Why doesn't anyone ever see until the last second when it's too late?

I agree, it's like a F'ed up game of whack-a-mole.

Once the people are aware of some slime-ball legislation and rally enough support to fight against it some other nasty agenda is being rolled out.

We cant keep up with the tyranny because we are so distracted by the MSM, Hollywood and pro/collegiate sports. People really need to wake up soon.

...and we have yet to see the horror that is obama-care/unaffordable care act.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 0001391

Other hand? It's more like some kind of multi-headed hydra with too many tentacles to count with each one actively working to do evil onto the world. Robbing, torturing, pillaging, raping, killing.

Well said.

Why does history have to repeat itself over and over again?

Besides the history that gets rewritten and hidden, we also refuse to learn from our history, and our mistakes.

Why doesn't anyone ever see until the last second when it's too late?

Denial. See my signature.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by lonewolf10

I still think we dont have any power as this is the action of a corporation.

Interesting move though.

This reflects the will of the people, represented by the business owners that supply to law enforcement.

They are willing to incur measurable economic losses in order to stand up for their beliefs. While they don't have legislative authority, they do have the power to remove their competition from the scene, which will result in, at the very least, higher costs for the law enforcement in these states.

Midway USA is the largest supplier of ammunition to law enforcement in the entire nation, and the largest single ammo seller in the USA next to Wal-Mart.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
this whole gun grab and ammo scarcity is something that keeps gnawing at me,
1. there's the middle east problem
2. there's the south east asian problem
3. there's the debt problem
4. there's the bank/fiscal cliff problem
5. there's the impending wwIII scenario
6. there's the gun grab situation
7. there's the ammo grab situation
8. there's the multi-million dollar purchase of ammo by DHS
Now what do they all have in common......US the U S of us yep these countries are going to attack us *probably* because of our meddling in 1,2,4 and since 3 is not going to go away because of 4, 5 is going to happen.

now listen closely, cus' this is where it gets tricky, you remember a few years ago when that yamamoto feller' said that invasion of Merica` would be troublesome due to the fact that ther'd be a 30-06 Springfield with a man holding it, silently waiting behind every blade of "grass" which translated in the urban dictionary is defined as "marijuana" or Hemp.

now, drug dealers always *almost always* carry guns, yamamoto is not a prophet, and our gangs wont protect us. But since the late 80's Me'ricans have become more docile, and submissive, almost like a neutered dog *sorry, sorry i had to say that*

this behavior has been on the rise, due mainly to the raise in wages and 'posh' *pronounced office* jobs and haven't been working out in the field as they did since the late 60's back.

Now this is where i feel the conspiracy comes into play.
Those who've we have elected saw this decline in our Manly behavior.
What separated the men from the boys in the past was mans conviction, their will to FIGHT, KILL, OR DIE for what was known to be JUST, RIGHTEOUS. AND GODLY, not to mention a sense of responsibility within our community, to our family and friends and even to those who lead us, children don't have the mentality for this, and this change of behavior of the men was noted by our leaders.
so what did these Honorable leaders of our do, they called their advisors to find a way to fix this problem, and after weeks of brainstorming they came up with a solution.

"Oppression"
By constant injustice and oppression,
this injustice *bailouts*, and oppression *taxes, layoff due to low economy, multi-million dollar spending*
not to mention all the other shady acts just to "abuse" their power.
They knew that we would be coerced to act like men by trying 6 and 7 we in turn copied 6 and 7 due to the paranoia of 8.

They realized that talking to the men, *especially those in fancy positions* would not bring back their manhood, reverse psychology was their response, they decided that by oppressing the citizens of this great nation, we'd eventually stand up, and shout, "WE WONT TAKE ANYMORE!!" and we would take up arms, clad in armor we'd rush to battle ready to defeat our foe... But whats this over to the east invaders who are they??? it's our true enemy, our leader stands up. a solemn look in his face and points to the intruders over the horizon and says

"Now you are no longer children you are MEN, the most FEARED men this earth has even seen or will ever see, men who have seized their manhood from the grasp of the soft philosophers preaching equality while converting our boys into abominations and enchantress meant to divert us from the path of GOD. You were put in this earth to lead not be led by women and children nor to be manipulated like frail women, or children who know nothing better, you have the potential for greatness........if you only knew why you were created, you would have risen long ago and stood proud, presenting yourself to god as an Offering to him. But now you're alive, awake, Aware, and without fear, NOW, ARISE AND PRESENT YOURSELVES TO GOD WITH PRIDE, MEN OF VALOR!!!!"

He will then lead the way, spilling the first blood like the Kings of old, the Commanders of thousands upon thousands, he knows that his life is forfeit as he runs at the massive wave of intruders. He pays no heed, leads by example not by force, with conviction, not with his "heart", who will give up his life for those who are in his care, knowing full well that his men would die by the thousands to save the cherished commander, men who knew the value of life and what it means to take a life, this man a mere mortal knows the LAW of GOD, and knows that blood shed in battle is not in vain if only it will bring peace and tranquility to our Children and future generations, these are our leaders, our elected in office.

This was all foreseen by our forefathers, they knew that to rally up US MEN that we'd need to be pushed from our slumber to the freezing lake to bring us back to the foundation of this COUNTRY, the country that ALL NATIONS FEAR, and remind them why they fear us. Because WE WILL NOT FALL LEST WE BRING OUR ENEMIES DOWN WITH US!!

Once the revolution ends, we'll join our forefathers, and we'll be able to rest at last.
But our children what of them? Each generation will wait, wait, wait ever vigilant, till evil men raise up again to cause chaos and destruction...But GOD will watch over our children because we Honored God by founding this nation in his name, and as long as we don't reject GOD he won't abandon our descendants, so we must teach our kids each and every generation to Uphold Gods laws, above all else and our nation will prosper, and be feared for GOD is on our side.

*yawn* are you all still awake? go to sleep, you have a long day ahead of you tomorrow......

g'night and GOD bless y'all

edit on 26-2-2013 by ss830 because: just to type this, it was meant as sarcasm ^_^

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Eavel

Look, the lake city armory in Missouri is where the federal government,as well as most state & local agencies get their ammunition from is under contract to the government to fill Military orders first followed by government law enforcement orders. After those orders are filled,they sell the remaining production to the civilian market where state and local agencies order from the same wholesalers that gunshops and civilians use...although usually at discount prices. There is a terrible shortage of ammunition right now as most NATO ammunition was sold out in December when there was what we call the post election gun run... followed by the shooting in ct.causing a secondrun in less than two months. The other ammunition companies are so far behind on orders that the civilian shooting market will take years to partially recover. they're in no position to put any pressure on anyone right now...and the government knows.this.
I agree that the big companies ie:sig,colt,smith and Wesson need to stand up. They could create more pressure than 100 retail/wholesalers could.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Will any of this matter if the U.N. treaty makes its way to reality?
That would be the trump card there wouldn't it?
So from a federal point we've got the executive branch working state to state AND internationally,
and at a States point we've got the governors board, the liberal and progressive reps and senators and the anti gun lobby groups, and all of them being propped up by the controlled media outlets.
So all that needs to happen, (or continue to happen) is a few more grand scale killings, or a really prominent one,
to make the teeter totter slam down hard on the regulation/registration/confiscation.
How hard do you think this will be to manufacture in non fiction, or for that matter fictitiously?
And the accompanying uproar and street reaction will just be their icing on the cake, no, it will be their sprinkles on the icing.
No sir I don't like any of it.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
Will any of this matter if the U.N. treaty makes its way to reality?
That would be the trump card there wouldn't it?
So from a federal point we've got the executive branch working state to state AND internationally,
and at a States point we've got the governors board, the liberal and progressive reps and senators and the anti gun lobby groups, and all of them being propped up by the controlled media outlets.
So all that needs to happen, (or continue to happen) is a few more grand scale killings, or a really prominent one,
to make the teeter totter slam down hard on the regulation/registration/confiscation.
How hard do you think this will be to manufacture in non fiction, or for that matter fictitiously?
And the accompanying uproar and street reaction will just be their icing on the cake, no, it will be their sprinkles on the icing.
No sir I don't like any of it.

This UN treaty will not be obeyed any more than a blanket gun ban would be. The problem the commies / globalists face is not putting ink to paper, but making it stick.

As Obama's recent memo shows, they recognize that in order to enact a gun ban, they'd have to go door to door and collect the guns. People know this now, and so they are burying guns like squirrels bury nuts.

People are getting ready.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I've got it! For every birthday, Easter whatever holiday gift, lets spend our money on nothing but firearms and ammo! Make a resolution to yourself to by ammo out of every paycheck whether it be for yourself, your friend or a member of your family. Anything but let it fall into the hands of someone who plans on using it against you.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
I've got it! For every birthday, Easter whatever holiday gift, lets spend our money on nothing but firearms and ammo! Make a resolution to yourself to by ammo out of every paycheck whether it be for yourself, your friend or a member of your family. Anything but let it fall into the hands of someone who plans on using it against you.

A great thought, but let me sweeten the deal further: buy a reloading press, primers, brass, powder, and bullets! This way ammunition manufacturing is taken out of the hands of a half dozen companies, that could be requisitioned any time, and put back into the hands of the people.

Also note that according to current laws, making your own powder is still legal.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

All good points. Of course the Police are corrupt which is another issue...
And I wonder... as a government... should we cater to the 1...or cater to the 80?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

All good points. Of course the Police are corrupt which is another issue...
And I wonder... as a government... should we cater to the 1...or cater to the 80?

Well ideally, we shouldn't cater to anybody. On law for all was the principle that this nation was founded upon.

And the police, while often corrupt, are also often surprisingly useful. It depends primarily upon the jurisdiction.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
We need to start enforcing this sucker here.
I would think that many politicians should be fined or imprisoned for even trying to pass laws restricting the second amendment.

Section 242, Title 18

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation,
or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory,
Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any
rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the
Constitution or laws of the United States
, or to different
punishments, pains, or penalties, on account of such person being
an alien, or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed
for the punishment of citizens, shall be fined under this title or
imprisoned not more than one year, or both
; and if bodily injury
results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if
such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a
dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this
title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death
results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if
such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated
sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or
an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned
for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to
death.

edit on 25-2-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

I agree.

In fact, under that explicit section, elements of the Congress and the Obama and Bush administrations are guilty and should be fined or sent to prison or both, for at least ten years.

In the case of Obama's government and those in Congress that supported Arrest and imprisonment without trial, targetted assassination of US citizens at home or abroad, disregard and seeming contempt for the US Constitution they swore to uphold and protect, would attract either life in prison or the death penalty.

According to terms of the quote, you have a traitor and murderer running the Government, and many accomplices in Congress enabling him to do it...and entire Federal departments and LE agencies who seem oblivious to their duty or the Constitution and don't seem to know what a crime actually is.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

They all know what they're doing. This is probably the most disturbing realization of all.

I think they are also coming to the realization that if they go ahead with their plans that there will be resistance at such a level that they won't ever be able to recover.

At least I hope they realize this, because it's true. Most Americans with brains know that this is all leading up to the same kind of crap that has played out in other nations and resulted in corpse-lined pits, and tens of millions of dead.

None of the gun owners I know will go quietly into the night. Although we might be considered by the Commie vanguard as dead weight, we won't go quietly into the night.

When the executive order or treaty or whatnot comes down, and the orders to go door to door and seize the guns is given, they will run out of stooges long before they run out of doors.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Right, and they're talking about private sales to law enforcement officers, not whatever contracts the dept.has with manufacturers. For example, in California cops don't really have private access to assault rifles, so they go to J&G sales here in AZ to get ARs, AKs, etc. for their private ownership while other citizens in CA aren't allowed to own them. J&G says what's good for the goose is good for the gander and has already turned several away. That doesn't apply to AZ LEOs however, because we can all buy and own those rifles.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

Yes people are getting ready that's for sure,
getting ready for what though, that's the ambiguous ever present on the edge state we seem to be kept in.
I still think something will be orchestrated, it has worked in the past, so why not use the tool that produces results.

Something on the lines of kristallnacht, a created event/out lashing at a select group which caused the flood gates to open and escalate horribly quick, and a nation soon followed, all in lock step.
Its a great blueprint, from a past, that our government seems to be myopically focused on reviving here.
No Sir, I don't like it one bit.
edit on 27-2-2013 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com... well it seems that remmington is leaving ny this is going to cost the states sooo much in lost revenue and tax money they dont even know what hornets nest they stirred up

www.washingtontimes.com...

That’s bad news for the Nutmeg State, home to several manufacturers of soon-to-be-forbidden items, including Colt Arms, O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Stag Arms and others. According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, firearms and ammunition manufacturers in the state employ more than 8,000 people and generate $1.8 billion in annual revenue. Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
seems colt and mossberg might be moving too

“What the governor is proposing is a law that will prevent us from producing our product, cost thousands of jobs, the loss of millions in revenue and not make the state any safer,” Stag’s president, Mark Malkowski, told The Washington Times. Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
statement from stag arms president

www.glennbeck.com... another video and article but its from rush so take that for what its worth but i figured ats might find this interesting

edit on 27-2-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

also incudes an aplogy from armlite in response to a hostile email they got,but that armalite says they will sell to officers as private citizens but not to ca (their old policy)
edit on 27-2-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

I love how the media runs to and quotes their darling National Shooting Sports Foundation, which is essentially a fake gun lobby created by the Joyce Foundation - the main source of funding to the entire anti-gun lobby.

Things are topsy turvy in media land.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Guns should be legal everywhere

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

yes and the arizona leo end up doing a strawman
purchase for one of their leo friends in california.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I have a good friend that works at an ammunitions plant. They make anything from bullets to large shells.

They supply the government, police, different agencies as well as retail.

But this may shock you. About FORTY PERCENT of their business goes overseas with a majority going to the middle east and africa areas.

Yep, good old bullets made in the USA.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join