It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Companies Have Stopped Selling to Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States(now at 44)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ikema

i think they are free to not sell products to police with out any kind of consequences......now if they started saying they wont sell to the MILITARY (especially during time of war) then there Most likely would be consequences for that but i think this is mostly a they wont sell to police or federal officials(fbi dea atf etc) in states that have anti 2nd amendment laws which to the best of my knowledge is completely legal

edit to clarify companies like Beretta HK and styer can at any time not sell guns to any one in the usa if they so choose as they are HQed over seas and not American gun companies so they could in theory stop selling guns to our military and police with out any consequences(other then profit loss) where as companies like smith and Wesson or Winchester could only not sell to local state and fed government but to the best of my knowledge not refuse to do business with the military if that makes sense
edit on 26-2-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Don't kid yourself. They (the gun companies) care about profit and nothing more. There is no bravery here - no heroism - no standing up for the people's rights - there is only corporate greed USING people's emotions to try and get what they want. It's the truth. No other companies are standing up for the people, only gun companies. Why? Do the math.

Don't become a tool for corporate greed.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
You can add one more covert to the list of those who are AGAINST NOT SELLING TO AUTHORITIES! That these gun and ammo companies will not sell to authorities makes me proud to be an American!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...

Major weapons manufacturer Beretta USA is vowing to close shop and leave Maryland if the state passes new gun-control measures. The multimillion dollar, centuries-old manufacturer provides hundreds of jobs in the state, the Blaze reports. It was considering an expansion to its existing Prince George County plant — until Maryland lawmakers introduced a bill to ban so-called assault weapons. Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
seems beretta is saying it will pull out of maryland if they pass any assault weapons bans etc so this is good news as well for those that value the second,as with each company leaving the state comes the loss of millions of dollars in tax revenue for the state. eventually this could have a huge impact financially on anti gun states when you combine rising costs to buy ammo and guns/parts for law enforcement and the tax revenue lost its gonna take its toll in the long term as well as contributing to the states unemployment rate as companies leave

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

edit on 26-2-2013 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas

Major weapons manufacturer Beretta USA is vowing to close shop and leave Maryland if the state passes new gun-control measures. The multimillion dollar, centuries-old manufacturer provides hundreds of jobs in the state, the Blaze reports. It was considering an expansion to its existing Prince George County plant — until Maryland lawmakers introduced a bill to ban so-called assault weapons. Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
seems beretta is saying it will pull out of maryland if they pass any assault weapons bans etc so this is good news as well for those that value the second,as with each company leaving the state comes the loss of millions of dollars in tax revenue for the state. eventually this could have a huge impact financially on anti gun states when you combine rising costs to buy ammo and guns/parts for law enforcement and the tax revenue lost its gonna take its toll in the long term as well as contributing to the states unemployment rate as companies leave

Personally I don't believe these jobs were very useful to society. We should focus our efforts as communities towards things that are beneficial for reasons other than "they provide a paycheck and pay taxes." Asbestos companies provided paychecks and paid taxes too.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
all this is doing is opening the door for more expensive companies like FN and H&K to sell their products to LEOs at a higher cost to taxpayers

yea!!!!!! this is so win!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I have one simple statement:

This is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

well from strictly a pro gun point of view thats kind of a good thing for us as then the cops will have less money to police and then crime will go up in the states with anti gun laws and thus reinforce what we have been saying for years that less guns=more crime.

and as taxes go up to pay for this increase in cost to law enforcement then more people will leave the big cities and move to pro gun states thus again reducing the monies going into the state of new york and lessening its political power over the state that it wields due to population.

think about it if each police department has to pay even 50% more for their weapons on top of the rising fuel costs how are they gonna be able to pay to hire new officers? what do you think will get cut first new police or new weapons? it can economically cripple some departments and give them moral dilemmas...do they add extra police to rich upscale neighborhoods that draw in tourist dollars while abandoning poor neighborhoods?

the economic dammage from this kind of thing isnt being seen by all yet it will have consequences that not all of us have forseen

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas

Ummm......Thank you for posting this....I posted it a few posts up but somehow the mods thought it wasn't relevant to the discussion and slapped ......OFF TOPIC POST......on it. I guess they're feeling skittish today......Just wait they'll do the same to this post as well........

YouSir

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Good for those companies, anti-second amendment attempts are being hit from every angle.

Who thought a gun grab would be easy?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infra_red
A company like Barrett refusing to sell or warranty service their arms is a big deal since most if not all purchasers send their guns back to them for servicing. Now try to find someone local in a state like NY to do the same when just having the weapon in your possession is illegal if you are a private citizen. I say more companies need to do this and move from the states that they are in (Remington) to more citizen friendly states.

No they need to stay put and fight it out with the citizens of that state. If everyone turned tail and ran this country would be even more divided than it is now. Make a stand, draw a line, if someone crosses it fight with everything you have in you. Don't be lazy and just wait n see what happens next thats what got us into this mess in the first place. And don't ever give an inch.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
hehe..

err.. you guys crack me up. This is just lobbying. I hope you realise that. It appears some of you don't, so let me explain.

Stakeholders and shareholders, lenders and underwriters, commercial paper buyers and sellers will do what exactly if they realise that future sales will be dampened?

A simple concept: Going concern. If all this talk of banning guns comes true.. are these companies going to be able to remain solvent? I'm sure some would hit the ground pretty hard.

So what would you do if you were a company? Lobby? Join the 'people'?

It's quite amusing that some folks here are losing sight of the bigger picture. That bigger picture should include how lobbying by corporations is questionable. You 'the' people have every right to fight the people you elected (or didn't).. but should companies? Companies do not vote, but their influence is dramatic... and this is what we do not want is it not?

There is a bigger picture here.. look at it.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
TextSo, sorting this all out so far, the gun companies will limit the guns to the government and the law enforcement personnel. But will continue to sell(directly or indirectly) to citizens(hunters, teachers, collectors, criminals,etc.., and to any nation or organization outside of the US). Do I have this right? If I have it correct, and I'm pretty sure I do, some citizens of the US actually think that this can only be beneficial to all living in the US.
Right now I can only shake my head in disbelief ........

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Still, I have this gnawing feeling at the back of my mind, that while Americans are focused on the 2nd amendment battle, we're not seeing what their other hand is doing, and what we're being distracted from. We need to remain diligent to watch both, what is obvious, and what may very well be sleight of hand.

Other hand? It's more like some kind of multi-headed hydra with too many tentacles to count with each one actively working to do evil onto the world. Robbing, torturing, pillaging, raping, killing.

If you attempt to sit at a table for a reasonable discussion but your opposition is slipping poison into your glass it's time to realize that it's beyond the point of diplomacy.

They've been picking the pocket of liberty, justice and decency since before I was born.

Why does history have to repeat itself over and over again? Why doesn't anyone ever see until the last second when it's too late?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
POWER TO THE PEOPLE d (-_-) b

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join