It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Companies Have Stopped Selling to Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States(now at 44)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by natloz

When a second is all you may have, minutes are an eternity. If you think you need someone to take care of you, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Having someone take care of you out of love is different.
Those in power do not care about you. That's why when our nation is attacked, the ordinary law abiding citizen suffers instead of just dealing with those responsible. You give up your liberties in the name of security and that is foolish.
edit on 26-2-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by Agarta

You Gun Nutters are Hilarious to watch.

Every day you Smile and Point to some random Cop who says he wont support any 2nd changes, and you Flag and Star those threads with such Rigor.

Now some Gun Companies say they wont sell to LEO's , and you guys Smile and Point with such Vigor.

One man's gun nutter is another man's savior. Us gun nutters save the lives of countless crime victims every year. More than the police in fact because the police do not arrive until after the crime is done and the victims are bagged. I hope you never need our help.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by natloz
reply to post by Agarta

This is a really good idea! Do not sell guns, ammo etc... to those who 'protect the general public, but keep selling it to those who do not. Bravo! It really shows the true intelligence of people who sell killing tools for a living. Once again, bravo!

The police do not PROTECT anyone!! They arrive after a crime has been committed and the victims are bagged. It is legal gun owners who protect the general public.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Textreply to post by soaringhawk

I truly understand that(what you are saying), but if you think that those whom YOU have elected, and hired to be the safe guardians of the lives, etc... that you hold sacred are not doing their jobs, are not accountable, and do not have your interest as their main goal then what should you do? The way I'm thinking is, get rid of them, start a new and better system but do not, DO NOT let them continue.
Do you see what I am getting at? -----The way I see it, if you are paying someone through taxes, etc., to do a job and they are not doing it, the answer is not to let that continue while you also take on their responsibilities but the real answer is, as I already said, get rid of the faulty system and all that is connected with it. No?

Reminds me of one of my favorite lessons I learned as a child(from my grandfather or one of many fables---cannot remember)----'never put a fox in charge of guarding your hen house'. Need I say why not?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Agarta

As the title of the article states more and more firearm companies are beginning to refuse sales of guns and ammo to any LEO, Police service, Government official, etc. that are within States that are moving against the 2nd Amendment. Basically they are taking the stance of "If the people can't have them neither can you"

Man, this is incredible! Great find…I haven’t heard about this. S&F

I do have to disagree with this a little though.

I applaud this action as most companies will take their profits above morals or political actions. It is nice to see a growing number of companies that will help the people stand up for their Constitutional Rights.

This is likely ALL ABOUT PROFIT.

These companies are going to lose a large segment of their market so they are throwing their weight around while they still have it. I don't blame them!

Regardless, this is great news!!

We need to see a large number of bumper stickers and large, easy to see signs at every
Public Gun Range.

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
When the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson

ALL 50 STATES !!!
-----------------------------------------
Another Good Quote:

We have a statue of liberty, not a statue of equality.

Charles Krauthammer

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by natloz

I didn't elect them. They're all crooked or dance on someone else's strings.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
yea!!!! fighting the law enforcer not law makers by reducing your viability as a company.....

bunch of f'n morons out there that can't see further than their own nose.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

Why are you so mad? I'm willing to bet many LEOs support this decision and that none of them are as mad as you over this.

So has any of the top companies such as Colt, or S&W gotten on board yet? They should.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
A company like Barrett refusing to sell or warranty service their arms is a big deal since most if not all purchasers send their guns back to them for servicing. Now try to find someone local in a state like NY to do the same when just having the weapon in your possession is illegal if you are a private citizen. I say more companies need to do this and move from the states that they are in (Remington) to more citizen friendly states.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Right on! if the common man doesn't not need a firearm to protect themselves or their property and family, neither do Secret Service, policeman and the like. I have seen cops go bad and use their weapon and authority illegally, I guess we need to stop EVERYONE from carrying guns!!!
I have a concealed carry license and choose to not even carry, but I like to know I have that right without any legal backlash. Again it's not the gun that makes the scenario/situation dangerous...It's the person that makes it or breaks it. I and millions others and responsible with our weapons.
I am waiting to see if Magpul pulls out of Colorado based on some preliminary out comes of our Colorado government. I love seeing these manufacturers flex their rights!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is great news on the state level.. However the same strategy will not work on the national level. The federal government would likely put them out of business by pulling their FFL, which the ATF can do overnight. I have a friend who is a "class 3" FFL dealer, he told me if a federal registration goes into place he will need to mail the 4473's to the ATF. They contain all of the information about the gun and who purchased it.

Since I have my CCW I don't require a background check but I still have to fill out the form with the dealer, which sucks.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Awesome! Lets tell them where to stick their laws!

But. If this pans out and gun companies can manipulate the law.

Could kraft and philip moores decide to not sell to states not supporting gmo?

Is this already happening anyway. It seems so. The difference now is we approve. I do not support this.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It's good to be optimistic, but nobody's won anything, that just means that they'll be easier to apprehend since tptb know which side they're on and where they'll be.

If or when the SHTF these people "gun sellers, NRA reps, Oathkepers, Militia Leader" will be of influence, and will stand up for us. TPTB knows this, so they'll try and subdue *read terminate* them before any major event.
Otherwise they'll be able to rally and lead the civilians.

A good leader is able to influence the people who follow, they're able to rally them up even in the worst situations and give them Courage, and a reason to fight.

We need to start looking at the ones standing up against the new Gun regs, when stuff starts happening to these MEN
*suicide determined by 47 rounds in the back, car accident where the brakes have been cut and the victim drugged, a hit by HIS HOLY DICTATORSHIPNESS OBAMA and his never ending supply of power
etc. *,

you better be putting on the 'finishing touch', otherwise you'll be caught off guard ( although odds are you are still going to be unprepared, as are most of us).

*research militia and homestead movement*

as mention by another ATSer

it's like trying to tell these people to get off the beach when clearly there is a tsunami coming, but they are too busy picking up fish, because "it's not everyday the water recedes so far and fast."

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I heard Dave Ramsey say this on the radio, it rings true for most Americans. When asked why he collected guns, his answer was " If the government tells me i can't have footballs, I will collect footballs" All this gun grabbing talk is accomplishing is more people buying guns. It can not be argued, It is a fact.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Templeton

the company that is for the people will stand for the people, so the people will stand with.

s&m stand with us *uses their position of influence*, we stand/*buy* with them/from them

the company that stands against GMOs will get people to buy from them, since GMOs won't be sold or used by them *hopefully*.

(I'm not sure if supply and demand would be used in this context??)

it's not called political leverage, it's called standing up for you're clients (who else is going to buy their products, not enough people in the gov, as there is in the rest of the population.......i think....i think i'm done here.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
I heard Dave Ramsey say this on the radio, it rings true for most Americans. When asked why he collected guns, his answer was " If the government tells me i can't have footballs, I will collect footballs" All this gun grabbing talk is accomplishing is more people buying guns. It can not be argued, It is a fact.

True. Over the last few months America has been arming up!

AR-15s, shotguns, Glock 9 mm etc.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Beyond the Second Amendment, is this legal for the gun companies to be doing? Are they privy to any government protection or entitlements? I'm just curious…

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Oh, those good hearted gun manufacturers. Always with the best interests of the people in their minds. To Hell with profits ! We need to send a message. Yeah, right! The ONLY thing that would keep the gun makers from selling their products would be a lack of interest in buying. And we KNOW that's not the case, right?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ikema
Beyond the Second Amendment, is this legal for the gun companies to be doing? Are they privy to any government protection or entitlements? I'm just curious…

Yes, it is legal. The gun companies have good lawyers working for them.

We are just sending a clear message to Washington D.C.

We have learned from the mistakes made by Europe. Do not allow government tyranny.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TownCryer
Oh, those good hearted gun manufacturers. Always with the best interests of the people in their minds. To Hell with profits ! We need to send a message. Yeah, right! The ONLY thing that would keep the gun makers from selling their products would be a lack of interest in buying. And we KNOW that's not the case, right?

We may need to follow the leadership of the NYPD.

Digbat Governor Cuomo decided to limit the number of bullets in all guns to 7 bullets.

NYPD response..............SCREW YOU !!!!

Cuomo response: Oh,.....um......nevermind then. Cops are exempt!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join