It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Companies Have Stopped Selling to Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States(now at 44)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Gaining Momentum: Now 44 Gun Companies Have Stopped Selling to Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

As the title of the article states more and more firearm companies are beginning to refuse sales of guns and ammo to any LEO, Police service, Government official, etc. that are within States that are moving against the 2nd Amendment. Basically they are taking the stance of "If the people can't have them neither can you"

I applaud this action as most companies will take their profits above morals or political actions. It is nice to see a growing number of companies that will help the people stand up for their Constitutional Rights. Maybe, as the number grows, those that are attacking our 2nd Amendment will take notice, but then again, they may just go outside the country for their arms and cost our country more jobs in the manufacturing area.

I see this is not so much about our right to own guns and what kind, but more so about our Rights set forth by our Forefathers. You can find a list of companies that have joined the list in the article linked above. The list is in the form of links to their public statements regarding their stances. Here are a few (randomly chosen) from that list.

Exile Machine
NO LE EXEMPTION IN RESTRICTED STATES
In light of recent attempts by state legislatures to enact even more restrictive gun control measures on law abiding citizens, we at Exile Machine LLC will no longer ship any item to Local or State Law Enforcement Agencies, officers, or local or state officials in states or districts where gun laws restrict the sale of that exact same item to private individuals.

Clark Fork Tactical
We at CFT do not recognize any 'law enforcement loophole' to state and local gun control laws. As such we will not sell any item to state or local agencies or their employees that we cannot legally sell to law abiding citizens of any given state. CFT is a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment and we believe it is a fundamental foundation of this, the greatest nation on earth.

Midway USA
Currently, there are several parts of the country that have restrictions on civilian ownership of certain magazines or types of ammunition. Sometimes it is entire states and sometimes local municipalities pass these regulations, which I consider unconstitutional. At any rate, when we encounter these situations it has always been our policy not to sell to anyone in these areas, regardless of what law enforcement or government credentials they offer up. If the laws change and all law abiding citizens can buy these products we would be happy to sell to Law Enforcement, but not before then. Thanks for taking the time to be involved. I wish all firearms would follow your lead.

Doublestar Corp
Effective Immediately!!
Due to the recent changes in 2nd Amendment laws that are pending or currently enforced by states across the country, the J&T Family of Companies which includes J&T Distributing, DoubleStar Corp., Ace Limited, and the DoubleStar Training Academy has been forced to reassess our policies regarding government and law enforcement sales. Effective immediately, the J&T Family of Companies will be joining other manufacturers and distributors by ceasing sales of regulated items in states that have altered the rights of citizens to keep and bear arms.
The JTFOC will no longer sell prohibited items to law enforcement agencies or any government agencies in states, counties, cities, and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their law abiding citizens. We hope other companies will join us with their support. We applaud those already involved with this effort to protect our 2nd Amendment rights.

edit on 25-2-2013 by Agarta because: added 2 words

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
We need to start enforcing this sucker here.
I would think that many politicians should be fined or imprisoned for even trying to pass laws restricting the second amendment.

Section 242, Title 18

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation,
or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory,
Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any
rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the
Constitution or laws of the United States
, or to different
punishments, pains, or penalties, on account of such person being
an alien, or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed
for the punishment of citizens, shall be fined under this title or
imprisoned not more than one year, or both
; and if bodily injury
results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if
such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a
dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this
title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death
results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if
such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated
sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or
an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned
for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to
death.

edit on 25-2-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
HAHA, we're winning!

they thought that we did'nt have any power, THINK AGAIN BUCKO!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

I still think we dont have any power as this is the action of a corporation.

Interesting move though.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

As the title of the article states more and more firearm companies are beginning to refuse sales of guns and ammo to any LEO, Police service, Government official, etc. that are within States that are moving against the 2nd Amendment. Basically they are taking the stance of "If the people can't have them neither can you"

Man, this is incredible! Great find…I haven’t heard about this. S&F

I do have to disagree with this a little though.

I applaud this action as most companies will take their profits above morals or political actions. It is nice to see a growing number of companies that will help the people stand up for their Constitutional Rights.

This is likely ALL ABOUT PROFIT.

These companies are going to lose a large segment of their market so they are throwing their weight around while they still have it. I don't blame them!

Regardless, this is great news!!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It really doesn't matter until the big three; Sig Arms, Smith & Wesson, and Glock; join the movement. Armalite has already decided to side with the government. I don't know where Mossberg stands yet. Remington could make a huge statement by moving out of New York to Florida or Texas or Wyoming or Idaho though. I really don't see any of the majors on the list and no ammunition manufacturers. That is who we really need on our side.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Now we need to get Sig, S@W, Remington, Colt, Glock...some of the BIG manufacturers onboard
with this as well. That would really make a statement.

The sad part is that this stance by these companies is mostly ineffectual as the government agencies
involved will still be able to buy their arms from the big middlemen businesses....
edit on 25-2-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This statement made by "Citizen Arms" is well said:

”Due to legal, ethical and moral concerns, Citizen Arms offers only those custom firearms that are legal for all lawful citizens of a given state to possess, regardless of law enforcement status. LE personnel living in states where citizens must have restrictive features will only receive like product support from Citizen Arms. We’re very appreciative of the sacrifices made by the law enforcement community but we’re even more appreciative of the right guaranteed to all law-abiding US citizens by the Second Amendment to the US Constitution: A well regulated militia, necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”.

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Still, I have this gnawing feeling at the back of my mind, that while Americans are focused on the 2nd amendment battle, we're not seeing what their other hand is doing, and what we're being distracted from. We need to remain diligent to watch both, what is obvious, and what may very well be sleight of hand.

S&F.
edit on 2/25/2013 by Klassified because: corrections

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
They better all stand up or they will find themselves soon to go out of business by the people they are scared to go against...

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

These are not “gun companies” they are private resellers from what I can see.
I don't see any manufactures listed, and the manufactures make direct sales to law enforcement. When law enforcement makes a gun purchase they go directly to Glock, Sig, Browning, etc... They don't go to “Old Grouch's Real Military Surplus”. Who in the government really cares If Grouch states that he is refusing to sell to law enforcement. I'll also be willing to bet that these “small” company bans will only last until they have an off duty officer standing there, cash in hand, to make a purchase, and they'll agree figuring that no one will ever know the better. For these guys its all about losing customers and going out of business, so of course they are going to raise hell about the newly proposed gun laws.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Good, but now we need the ammunition companies to jump onboard. The government already has a butt load of guns, but they do need fresh ammunition to keep training up.

Really want to hurt them?. Stop selling them ammunition, which would make me happy so the shelves wouldn't be empty.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
HAHA, we're winning!

they thought that we did'nt have any power, THINK AGAIN BUCKO!

If you honestly believe this then you severely underestimate your enemy.
This is going to be a LONG drawn out and bloody affair.
NOTHING is won and NO ONE is "Winning" yet.

It has only just begun

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
What? This is Amurica, righto? The land of the free sales, unlike communism, right?

Soooo, some companies deny selling, so that must mean that others will come in? Heeey, look who might be buying foreign weaponry!

Looky, Heckler&Koch is selling some nice machinery!

Okay, I AM mocking you. But this is getting way beyond ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

while i love any company that stands behind itself. the fact still remains there is like a million other gun companies in the world, the worse they will have to pay 3.50 s&h lol.

what would impress me is 300 million americans not going to work for a week/month to withhold taxes, untill the government gets its head out of sand and starts doing for us, instead of for them.
edit on 26-2-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets again

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I applaud this action as most companies will take their profits above morals or political actions.

How short sighted are you. If a few states ban guns, then the rest follow, what does that say for the gun companies. They are trying to nip this in the butt before it becomes endemic. But don't believe they give two snips beyond profit. Dear god...
edit on 26-2-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Wont this just mean that Lockheed martin get all the business?

No guns for anyone, unless of course you have a LH contract.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
People are certainly entitled to consider this development a mere drop in the bucket, and looking at the overall picture perhaps it is.

But it makes me proud knowing there are still some honorable companies and corporations left in this country. And be they large or small, I believe more will join these patriotic companies/corporations in defiance against unconstitutional laws and corrupt lawmakers.

They are setting an example that will not be forgotten, and they represent a level of integrity that even the largest corporations should aspire to imo.

Much respect to them!!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

At least this is a start and it is great that someone is at least
trying to do something other then rattling their sabers online.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

You can't see this is really a declaration saying nothing?

They aren't going to "ship" to the police. Did they ever?

They aren't selling any guns that are not available to law abiding citizens.
Are the cops looking for assault rifles?

These gun dealers are not taking any stand against the police anywhere or they won't be in business very long. Local police departments will find some reason, any reason to shut them down.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

edit on 26-2-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join