It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAVE ANY BODY HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT.................

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
i was wondering if any had ever heard of a civilization of people who had lived under water.some one told me at one point people lived underwater and i was kind of like what the hell are you talkin about.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 03:47 AM
link   
i think there called mermen and mermaids

VzH

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The City of Atlantis?

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The Netherlanders, they sure talk like their underwater.
And in Fact the country, well most of it is below sea level.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I dont remeber of his name : The guy who played Bobby EWING...
The man from atlantis...

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
The man from atlantis...

patrick duffy is from atlantis?

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
i dont know about an underwater civilization but there are alot of indications which suggest that man had an aquatic phase in it's development:
we have webbed fingers and toes
we are one of only 2 apes that aren't afraid of water
we're not only not afraid of water, the majority of people highly enjoy it
we have very litte hair/fur, but that which we do have is streamlined when swimming underwater
we have the ability to hold our breath (something only aquatic and semi-aquatic species can do very well, most species breathing is like a heart beat, not conciously alterable)

"the aquatic ape" and "the ascent of woman" by Elaine Morgan

www.interpac.net...

www.geocities.com...

(and just for arguments sake)
aquaticape.topcities.com...

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It would be intresting if we were.
Since when did we have webbed toes and fingers KKing123?

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Pull your second and third toes apart, you'll notice a longer webbing. Now if you're bold try it on the rest of your family and friends...you'll notice the same.

[Edited on 29-5-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   

dont know about an underwater civilization but there are alot of indications which suggest that man had an aquatic phase in it's development:
we have webbed fingers and toes
we are one of only 2 apes that aren't afraid of water
we're not only not afraid of water, the majority of people highly enjoy it
we have very litte hair/fur, but that which we do have is streamlined when swimming underwater
we have the ability to hold our breath (something only aquatic and semi-aquatic species can do very well, most species breathing is like a heart beat, not conciously alterable)

And yes. we do have webbing (skin) between our fingers and toes...some moreso than others...(being a Coast Guard brat, mine are fairly visible, but shy of freakish, hehe...)

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I know a few people with completly webbed toes and partially webbed fingers(I mean webbed enough so a ring wont fit right). Could us humans being evolving?, or is the last bit of evidence of a webbed race?(some stories about Atlantis tell of people who were webbed), or is it just some random mutation.

It would be impossible for any humans are sub-humans to live under the water. We would need a gill system and it is impossible for warmed blooded creatures to use. Matbe if there was a race of webbed people they spent more time in the water but they would still need to breath.

Maybe the webbed people of the world should procreate and bring back a race of webbed people.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Dude, Namor - The Submariner and Aquaman have both lived underwater for years!

[Edited on 11/1/03 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by W_O_W
i was wondering if any had ever heard of a civilization of people who had lived under water.some one told me at one point people lived underwater and i was kind of like what the hell are you talkin about.

It isn't that stupid actually (in my opinion), he could perhaps have meant the myths of the beings which gave men the basic principles and could move in the air and breath under water... perhaps that people couldn't understand why they could breath under water and fly in the air... so they said just that they could, and that they flew in the air with dragons, airplanes, births etc.

The person which told you this was certainly not stupid.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
there are quite a few underwater ruins in the world

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
The man from atlantis...

Yes. He did have his own show one time. He survived better in water. It was cool. He played a merman.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddas
The Netherlanders, they sure talk like their underwater.
And in Fact the country, well most of it is below sea level.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
KK,

great posts new stuff for me anyways.

any idea why we came out of the water?

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
any idea why we came out of the water?

Probably in search of food or to escape a predator...Check out the Devonian Period of the Paleozoic Era & some of the closest Periods earlier.

IMO, we made a mistake when we came down out of the trees; I refer to that time period as the "Descent of Man".

Actually, I've found an interesting point in history; The origin of the first musical instrument--The Whistle. The first whistle ever found dates back to about 25,000 years ago & was found at Dolni Vestonice, Czechoslovakia. It was found in a Neanderthal winter camp.

Well, even though the first musical instrument is only about 25,000 years old, *music* must have been around much longer; Say, back when Stone Knappers (people who make tools by chipping stones) discovered, perhaps accicently, that they could create pleasingly hypnotic rythymns when they chipped the stones in unison. Perhaps they even experimented with adding a bit of rudimentary language with the chipping sounds.

In other words, the first type of music invented was *rock music*!

[Edited on 11-11-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

top topics

join